New TO Map

• Not even chat works properly apart from the numerous other problems.A new TO map would be something good but I don’t think TB gives a shit as proven.

• Only TO map we’ve gotten was Citadel, and you see how long and buggy the road to get that was?

• @Oy:

Only TO map we’ve gotten was Citadel, and you see how long and buggy the road to get that was?

Citadel is least liked TO map.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Citadel is least liked TO map.

Nah I like it better than Hillside.

A TO map with many more elements that you can interact with and that rewards tactical play would be awesome.

• Too bad they didnt convert the AOC maps into Chiv. They were far superior as far as stratagies and objectives go than the current game. But then again they have a history of even dumbing down maps……

• Yeah I remember the one where you carry a few planks to a bridge and it’s repaired, then you drive a siege tower up to the castle walls. It was the one from the AoC trailer I used to think was badass lol. Mostly I just remember Man at Arms running in circles with maces and I couldn’t kill the fuckers. It kind of ruined it for me lol.

• They said they were not planning on making any new TO maps like what 6 months ago in the QA section. Old news, but hey there are a lot of new player made TO map.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

They said they were not planning on making any new TO maps like what 6 months ago in the QA section. Old news, but hey there are a lot of new player made TO map.

Hmm. An old poll most people would pay for maps as DLC. I guess though they think helmets is the money winner…

• @gregcau:

Hmm. An old poll most people would pay for maps as DLC. I guess though they think helmets is the money winner…

Honestly, though they probably are. If a majority of your money is made during Steam sales you don’t necessarily need more content (because it’s all new to the new guys, which make up a large portion of the player base during and after sales). Everyone wants their character to look cool, and for about $1 a piece TBS is pretty much doubling what they sold the game for on sale to every person who buys both game and helmets, AND it’s a super duper small microtransaction that costs both player and developer reasonably little. I bet one guy could (or did?) make them, and I bet it didn’t take over three weeks to do it (and I imagine that’s a huge over-estimation of the time it actually takes someone skilled to make one).

Now imagine doing a TO map. You need tons of assets, you need objectives, you need themes, etc. etc. and how much do you think they could sell it for? $5 a piece? If they create 6 new assets for this map then they’re already losing out on money from their current helmet sale model. And then you have to make it work, balance it, etc. etc. Lots more work, lots less payoff.

No, I don’t think TO maps would necessarily be where the money is. But TO maps are where the future of this game is. It’d be great to see them working on one. And again, for the record- I’d pay for more TO maps. I know it’s probably not as profitable as helmets, but if TBS feels like increasing the longevity of their dying game WHILE receiving some sort of compensation for it I just want them to know there are willing members of this community.

• @quigleyer:

Now imagine doing a TO map. You need tons of assets, you need objectives, you need themes, etc. etc. and how much do you think they could sell it for? $5 a piece?

Sure, but with 40,000 active players that is 200,000 with a cost of probably around 60,000 to create a new map.

If community did the design competition the cost might be less.

They could at least try it once since community TO maps (and SDK in general) is not taking off due to lack of interest/servers.

More important is extending the life cycle of the game, so more sales the longer the game is high on the steam list.

• Any TO map created by TB has to be given freely. If they don’t then the player base is fragmented into those without the maps and those with. The current player state of the game does not allow for fragmentation, there just isn’t enough players. It would be the death knell of the game.

The game needs roughly 3 more TO maps, polished duel mode and FFA mode (the most highly played alts to TO). Fix the Rank/Unlock bug for good and the game would be in a significantly better position. Have them all ready for the next steam sale of Chiv and put up a big hoohar when it happens.
    That would be the strategy I would use to milk more money out of this game. For every stack of retained players an income of helmet/customization features would increase. I cannot really see any other way to make money out of Chiv as it stands, apart from random chiv sales on steam.

• What they should do is to include a few of the best custom maps onto all of the official server’s map rotations I think CaveHideout is clearly the best for playability, lack of bugs, FPS and game modes. If they incorporated just a few of the best most complete custom maps then players would be forced to play them on the official servers and the custom maps would be getting more attention and played more.

• @HammerSword:

Too bad they didnt convert the AOC maps into Chiv. They were far superior as far as stratagies and objectives go than the current game. But then again they have a history of even dumbing down maps……

aoc_Sorrow was truly an amazing looking map. I realy liked the atmosphere but a classic, when it comes to objectives is aoc_Shore. Instead of we got Shitadel. How hard can it be? You’ve already built the map, all you need to do is to remake it and modify a bit so it works in the UDK. Ugh

• @Sophax:

aoc_Sorrow was truly an amazing looking map. I realy liked the atmosphere but a classic, when it comes to objectives is aoc_Shore. Instead of we got Shitadel. How hard can it be? You’ve already built the map, all you need to do is to remake it and modify a bit so it works in the UDK. Ugh

Remake all the assets for it then remake the entire map from scratch.

And you call that easy? Well, why don’t you do it lol.

• @lemonater47:

Remake all the assets for it then remake the entire map from scratch.

And you call that easy? Well, why don’t you do it lol.

As if making Citadel was easier or better? You ignored these points.

• @Oy:

Trying to to copy a map is harder than to just make a new one.

And then you get people who complain about stuff not being exactly right.

• @Oy:

Pretty much every new map we got was a waste of time.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Pretty much every new map we got was a waste of time.

I liked Tavern, but then the update killed it and fists became useless. Pretty much undid their whole “fist re-balancing” that came with the map once the bubble came about.

• @Oy:

I liked Tavern, but then the update killed it and fists became useless. Pretty much undid their whole “fist re-balancing” that came with the map once the bubble came about.

My avatar is scared of your avatar.