You fucked up ALT-TABBING

• Before the last patch when you alt+tab out of the game it goes smooth and same when you go back in-game,it literally took half a second to do that.
    Now ?
    When you alt+tab to your desktop you get a 2-3 second black screen,and when you alt+tab back in you get a 4-5 second black screen,some models and textures get fucked up and sometimes the game even crashes and freezes my PC.
    Seriously, whatever you did just undo it, because this is annoying as fuck.

• My alt-tab still works fine.

/helpfulpost

• My alt-tab is working too. :/

• Mine works but it does crash the game some of the time, seems random.

• Change the subject to I fucked up alt tabbing

• Sometimes when I alt-tab it down now, I can’t get it back up again. And then it goes unresponsive for a long while as I try to force shut it down.

• Are you playing on custom maps? Some of them have problems with alt-tabbing (Oasis being an example). I did encounter a bug where the game crashes and leaves you with a black screen unable to access anything but the start menu - but this one was present for a long time and quite rare (some patch made it more frequent but the next one toned it down again). My solution: A start menu shortcut that kills UDK.exe.

• Alt - tabbing and even ALT - SHIFT have always been a bit wonky. much of it was steam issues

• @gregcau:

Change the subject to I fucked up alt tabbing

Yes cause all the bugs we have affect everyone all the time.
    We all got warped to level 48,every single one of us.
    I am not the only one to whom this has been happening.
    If you can’t post anything helpful,don’t fucking post.
    You seem to think this forum is your life and i am sure in your head you justify everything you do.
    Go hang yourself.

• Damn shard. Even I think that was harsh.

• My game just crashes with I alt tab, every single time. Hell I’m running in windowed mode and I can’t even use the windows key and access my desktop.

• @lemonater47:

Damn shard. Even I think that was harsh.

Then you haven’t seen harsh.
    @Evil:

Are you playing on custom maps? Some of them have problems with alt-tabbing (Oasis being an example). I did encounter a bug where the game crashes and leaves you with a black screen unable to access anything but the start menu - but this one was present for a long time and quite rare (some patch made it more frequent but the next one toned it down again). My solution: A start menu shortcut that kills UDK.exe.

Models and textures mostly get fucked up on custom maps,although i have seen it happen on official ones as well.
    @SavageBeatings:

Sometimes when I alt-tab it down now, I can’t get it back up again. And then it goes unresponsive for a long while as I try to force shut it down.

This is pretty much what happens when i try to go back in,and sometimes i can’t shut it down since it makes my task manager unresponsive as well,so i have to restart my PC.
    Happened to me like a second ago cause i alt-tabbed to check this post.

• Mine freezes a lot when I alt tab as well. My mouse moves but clicking on anything is unresponsive for 20 second intervals, and then I only have a few seconds to quickly end task the game.

• Works fine for me.

• @Shard:

Yes cause all the bugs we have affect everyone all the time.

I am not the only one to whom this has been happening.
    If you can’t post anything helpful,don’t fucking post.
    You seem to think this forum is your life and i am sure in your head you justify everything you do.
    Go hang yourself.

this happened to me about three times, then it stopped. not sure if it was something i did on my end or not, but it hasnt come back.

hey, at least he didnt tell you to go suck a bag of cocks.

• Apart from the ocasional crash and the game being unable to recover from alt tab, right now i’m not able to use ts overlay along with steam’s one as well. Before the last patch all i had to do was enable the ts overlay after the game was launched, but doing this just crashes it atm

• I got the bug on the oasis map. When I came back to the game, the textures were loading weirdly, it wasn’t making any sense visually, look :

• @Babar:

I got the bug on the oasis map. When I came back to the game, the textures were loading weirdly, it wasn’t making any sense visually, look :

That happens because the guy who made the map used outdated tutorials. Using a legacy feature to do the terrain that’s no longer supported by UE3. I forgot what its called.

• I too am getting this issue. But it didn’t appear to be caused by an update (at least for me). This issue started for me immediately after upgrading from a quad core to an 8 core processor, an 8350 (also upgraded mobo and memory). I’d be happy to provide a mod with a copy of my DiagX info if someone can put it to use.

I’m going to start using forced 32bit to see if it gives different results. I’ll bookmark this posting and check back on it regularly until I or someone else finds a fix and update you guys if I have any further information to assist.

• The force 32 bit option does appear to be a valid work around for this issue. I’ve made multiple tests with using it and alt tabbing (alt tabbed as I write this). I do believe the issue lies in the x64 version of the programming.

On a side note (if it’s not obvious) I do take a noticable FPS drop by using the 32 bit mode.

So for those of you who are also having this issue, forcing 32 bit mode does allow you to alt tab without fear of a crash, but you will take a performance drop because of it. I’m hoping an update for the x64 mode will be available soon to address these issues almong other random crashes I’ve been getting.