Classic Duels - Free For All Duel

• I saw an FFA duel server once, back during the DW beta. Just curious, are there any FFA duel servers in DW with active admins? It used to be my favorite gamemode in MW.

• I guess not. Maybe someone should make one?

• I don’t wanna make this into a ‘which one is better’ thread but let’s state the obvious; you are one of the few players who prefer DW over MW. You might therefore be best off making such a server yourself… :(

• Well, I don’t think ‘few’ is an accurate term, but ok.

• @Oy:

Well, I don’t think ‘few’ is an accurate term, but ok.

Minority then. That’s accurate.

• I prefer deadliest warrior

• Whatever, let’s call it 35-40% DW fans. There’s usually a lot of people playing and I run into a lot of the same people week after week, so there’s longevity to most of the fanbase as well. MW seems to be rank 0-30, and the occasional 40 or 50. It’s also the same old boring, broken game with no new content as it has been for months. DW is a better balanced (currently) breath of fresh air and I’m still having fun with it. That’s my speech, thank you Sirs and Madams.

• @Oy:

DW is a better balanced .

Best post today.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Best post today.

6 classes instead of 4, more weapon diversity and mechanics. Considering all of this, the game still plays more consistently and fairly and better allows a high skill-ceiling easier than MW when you include all the bugs and fuckups MW currently has compared to DW.

DW had a better hud, polished gameplay mechanics, superior tracers, quick but smooth combat, an unlock system that works for the overwhelming majority. There is less bugs with it and I have more fun with it. It’s also a breath of fresh air once I got sick of MW and I’m still playing it more than the main game.

MW is obviously a more polished game overall and it’s bigger, has TO and isn’t completely unplayable, but I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. I just get old feels for the classic weapons and gamemodes sometimes, but otherwise DW has good potential if they ever fucking update it.

DW is funner for casuals as well as veterans in my opinion. Play it for yourself and judge it on your own merit, it’s only $15 and it’s on sale frequently.

• Pro tip: DW is much worse than MW in many ways despite MW’s bugs, with far less balance and skill ceiling. I’ve got at least a rank 25 in every class, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on how the game works on many levels. Its animations are horrid, too.

Anyone who thinks it’s “popular” or “good” is delusional. Nobody who’s good at MW plays DW on any serious level. They know better.

• @SOC:

Pro tip: DW is much worse than MW in many ways despite MW’s bugs, with far less balance and skill ceiling. I’ve got at least a rank 25 in every class, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on how the game works on many levels. Its animations are horrid, too.

Anyone who thinks it’s “popular” or “good” is delusional. Nobody who’s good at MW plays DW on any serious level. They know better.

“Serious” Lol. Its a game.

• after playing dark souls i went back to dw and into a dm server and everyone was lmb spamming and stacking then i rage quit

• @Pesky:

after playing dark souls i went back to dw and into a dm server and everyone was lmb spamming and stacking then i rage quit

10/10 would rage again.

• @SOC:

Pro tip: DW is much worse than MW in many ways despite MW’s bugs, with far less balance and skill ceiling. I’ve got at least a rank 25 in every class, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on how the game works on many levels. Its animations are horrid, too.

LOL, MW is the biggest joke of a game,I agree completely with Oy. At least I don’t feel like every swing is a drag or feint in DW (maybe it’s because I <3 realism and MW shatters that in 2seconds of gameplay, not that DW is realistic but at least I don’t feel like the physics are so fed up I’d rather play WotR.). A classic duel server would be nice :).

• Ty Helrin, finally a gentleman of learned background.

• ikr i met this nerd named white vodka and all he did was drag with slowest polearms then talked shit lol

• I joined a MW duel server at 5 am yesterday and watched two vanguards with greatswords jumpstab on cooldown, do entire 360 degree drags, lookdown jump overheads, and reverse crouch lookup overheads all on every single swing, while both attempting to matrix each other. in addition to never letting go of their sprint buttons.

It was magnificent, but it was not war, it was madness.

and then I turned my game off and played some DW.

• Lol that’s usually what happens to me. Warm up with 15-30 minutes of MW, then switch over to DW for a couple hours.