Achievement based helmets

• Just something random I came up with:
    Would it not be great if by completing certain achievements you obtain otherwise non-obtainable helmets?

Now hold your horses. I obviously don’t mean you unlock Malric’s helmet or Feydrid’s crown. The helmets shouldn’t be cries for attention.
    Instead I had designs in mind like the DLC helmets.(Except, you know, you don’t have to pay for them and all).
    One idea for this would be for example if the peasant hat wasn’t exclusive to the contest winners. Imagine something like that being unlocked after, I don’t know, slaying 1000 peasants in total.

There could be helmets unlockable for tasks as simple as completing the tutorial.
    Survive as the king for the full remainder of a round.
    Get 1st place in a 32+ FFA match with at least 25 kills more than the one who got 2nd place.
    Get 5 kills in a row after drinking mead.
    Burn every section yourself in Battlegrounds.
    Obtain an incredible kd ratio in a crowded Duel match.
    Reach 1 hp around 5 times in 1 match without dying.

Who knows what kind of helmets these would unlock. I certainly like this idea.(hence why I posted it)

Feel free to post your own idea for unlockable helmets.

One example would be unlocking this for having spent over 300 hours on Agatha side:

–-
    Side note: We all prefer bugfixes over new content, I know that. This is just an idea for a very distant future, nothing more.

• Because TBS has a good record with unlockables.

• @dudeface:

Because TBS has a good record with unlockables.

See it as a good thing. When you DO manage to unlock 1 it’ll be a long while before you find someone else wearing the same helmet. :D

(Achievements work for the most part though, Sands of Time is the only broken one)

• Global Moderator

Yes but there’s a problem where achievments don’t seem to unlock at all even when you have meet the requirements several times.

I remember I got the “play for 80 hours” achievement at around 500 hours played. Agatha and mason supporter achievements a similar ratio of hours later too.

I havent got 6 achievments 5 of which I’ve completed the requirements for.

• @lemonater47:

Yes but there’s a problem where achievments don’t seem to unlock at all even when you have meet the requirements several times.

I remember I got the “play for 80 hours” achievement at around 500 hours played. Agatha and mason supporter achievements a similar ratio of hours later too.

I havent got 6 achievments 5 of which I’ve completed the requirements for.

Hmm, that sucks. I know the “80 hours” one is broken(Sands of Time) but I didn’t know both Agatha and Mason supporter achievements were broken as well.
    The only 3 left for me are “Let it rain”(fire 10.000 arrows with the Shortbow), “Fire starter”(I barely use the Oil Pot so I won’t be getting much kills with that) and “Just a flesh wound”(I’m pretty sure I already lost my head over 100 times but who knows). The last one is probably broken too because it requires a certain amount of something but unlike the others it doesn’t have a progress bar.

• Global Moderator

Fire starter, let it rain, just a flesh wound, fire nemeses, fists of fury, the double decap one and the one where you successfully light the pyre. That’s 7 I didn’t remember one earlier.

I have done all but let it rain. Yet I didn’t get the achievements for doing them

• @lemonater47:

Fire starter, let it rain, just a flesh wound, fire nemeses, fists of fury, the double decap one and the one where you successfully light the pyre. That’s 7 I didn’t remember one earlier.

I have done all but let it rain. Yet I didn’t get the achievements for doing them

Most of these are pretty boring though. I find it odd how you managed to get enough kills with the oil pot but didn’t get the achievement. What does the progress bar say?(It’s probably stuck, but still)

• @dudeface:

Because TBS has a good record with unlockables.

This so much.

• Bugs aside, I dunno’. When you add stuff like achievement cosmetics, it makes you feel like you have to weigh between using the helmet that actually looks cool vs. the ugly one that came with a great achievement. But I guess I’m more for it since it feels really good to have something to show off to other people.

• We already have a variety of helmets.

It would be far more interesting to have unlockable fancy weapons. That way you could show off two things at the same time.

• What about customizable weapons???

• @dudeface:

We already have a variety of helmets.

It would be far more interesting to have unlockable fancy weapons. That way you could show off two things at the same time.

Depends on what you mean by ‘unlockable’. Assuming you’re not talking about adding more weapons to the game but instead sort of ‘re-textured’ versions of weapons that are already in the game then: good idea.
    Except I can already see the complainers coming from miles away saying it’s now “impossible to know which weapon you’re fighting.”

• Yeah, I mean unlockable cosmetic upgrade weapons. Gold colour, gem-encrusted, glowing blue, whatever. For say, getting 10,000 kills with that weapon or something.

• I mean, really, there’s nothing left in this game except strutting around like a peacock. Might as well play to the game’s strengths.

• Indeed. I think golden-hue(not overkill, just slightly gold blooming) ‘veteran’ weapons would be pretty cool.