After-death arrow dissapearance

• Hi

I have been encountering this thing very often, so I decided to share and put up a polite request for the devs to fix it

I play warbow. When I put an arrow in the air and die to something immediately after, my arrow just dissapears. It happened many times - I am 100% sure that in most cases I would definately hit my target if I was alive. This is really frustrating, especially when playing against a crossbow archer whose bolts are quicker by a significant amount. I shoot him, but then he shoots me, I die, my arrow just dies with me. I know this game is not supposed to be a simulation, but I think this is a big problem.

• I actually agree with this. It would make sense in order to avoid problems in duels, LTS matches and whatnot, but I’ve found myself is a lot of situations where a crossbow bolt being faster is indeed the only reason I lose. A draw would be appropiate.

• Agreed, I think projectiles should stay in the world and do regular damage. Although I don’t think it’s a big problem as it’s been the case since day one that they disappear.

I think melee works the same way, it’s just more pronounced with range.

• For me it is a big problem, because I exclusively play archer, so it spoils fun quite often

• Same problem with Javelins.
    Some did some hand drawn pictures of this instance which were quite comical…who knows where the picture is now though.

• Yuppers, I agree. The fact that projectiles disappear when you die is just ridiculous.

• I too would like projectiles to remain after death. Melee attacks though, I prefer it to stay as is.

• @Toll:

I too would like projectiles to remain after death. Melee attacks though, I prefer it to stay as is.

Why not for melee as well? Your attackers axe “falling” onto your neck doesn’t lose that much force if your attacker ceases consciousness a second before the blow lands, why does it fail to kill as well? :( so frustrating to have two people at 1% health hit each other at the same instant, but one dies, and one lives. :( (might just be lag, but not sure)

• @RavnosCC:

Why not for melee as well? Your attackers axe “falling” onto your neck doesn’t lose that much force if your attacker ceases consciousness a second before the blow lands, why does it fail to kill as well? :( so frustrating to have two people at 1% health hit each other at the same instant, but one dies, and one lives. :( (might just be lag, but not sure)

I don’t think fixing this would be possible. Think about it. The client would have to somehow calculate exactly where your tracers were going, at an exact speed, without any input from the player. It may be possible, but knowing TB programmers they probably have no idea how to do it.

• @Flippy:

I don’t think fixing this would be possible. Think about it. The client would have to somehow calculate exactly where your tracers were going, at an exact speed, without any input from the player. It may be possible, but knowing TB programmers they probably have no idea how to do it.

Same thing for arrows and bolts that get shot, the server would need to calculate where it was going on the clients screen THEN somehow find out THEN transfer that info to the server again and THEN onto the other client.

• @RavnosCC:

Why not for melee as well? Your attackers axe “falling” onto your neck doesn’t lose that much force if your attacker ceases consciousness a second before the blow lands, why does it fail to kill as well?

Worst idea I’ve heard for a while and would make Vanguards even more random/ridiculous/obnoxious to play against than they already are.

A fight should always end with one winner left alive, none of this killing each other at the same time business. If you both attack each other at the same time when low and you get hit first? Then tough titties, you died because he was faster than you.

• It doesn’t make much sense for the projectiles to magically disappear after the thrower dies.

• @DokB:

Worst idea I’ve heard for a while and would make Vanguards even more random/ridiculous/obnoxious to play against than they already are.

A fight should always end with one winner left alive, none of this killing each other at the same time business. If you both attack each other at the same time when low and you get hit first? Then tough titties, you died because he was faster than you.

Its even more rough though since there is no server side hit detection… its all client sided.

• @Dr.Nick:

It doesn’t make much sense for the projectiles to magically disappear after the thrower dies.

It doesn’t make much sense for weapon swings to magically disappear after the swinger dies either :\

• @lemonator74:

It doesn’t make much sense for weapon swings to magically disappear after the swinger dies either :\

This isn’t meant to be melee combat autism simulator 2014, lots of things don’t make sense in this game.

• @DokB:

This isn’t meant to be melee combat autism simulator 2014, lots of things don’t make sense in this game.

But shouldnt the melee combat make sense in a game thats almost 100% ABOUT melee combat?

• @lemonator74:

But shouldnt the melee combat make sense in a game thats almost 100% ABOUT melee combat?

In regards to melee swings disappearing at death then no because game play > realism. I guarantee you that this would be the final nail in the coffin that is Chivalry if it went ahead.

You only have to think for a few seconds what this would do. Encourages people just spamming their weapons instead of thinking through their actions. Makes combat heavily reliant on hit trades. Takes away from footwork and timing if any dickhead can just swing their weapon, die and pick up a kill.

• I think everyone wants this fixed, but I want it fixed only after archers are nerfed. Just as a form of screw you for being OP for so long.

• I can see how it could be exploited if was added for melee weapons. Probably not a good idea. ;-)

• @lemonator74:

Same thing for arrows and bolts that get shot, the server would need to calculate where it was going on the clients screen THEN somehow find out THEN transfer that info to the server again and THEN onto the other client.

Arrows and bolts have their trajectory right when they are fired. The player can’t change it after the projectile is loosed. Swings on the other hand can be moved throughout the entire swing. Nobody stands perfectly still and doesn’t move their mouse when attacking with a melee weapon. He was saying that there is no way to predict what a player was trying to do with a melee attack.

It doesn’t make sense for projectiles to just disappear since it is already in motion and unless it physically got shot out of the air, it isn’t going to stop moving suddenly. With melee, you are physically changing the attack movement of the person attacking you by killing them.