Chivalry Spreadsheets

• Hello, been modifying and creating a couple of spreadsheets that contains a lot of vital information for anyone who is interested into learning more about the combat mechanics around Chivalry.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=102

First one contains with values of how much damage one weapon deals to a certain class and its body part, its different colours depends on how many Hits to Kill. Red is one, Yellow is two, Green is three while blank is four or more!

To the right of the weapon damage, the weapon windup, Combo, Release and Recovery time is displayed, which shows how much time its required to perform each action, and each weapon usually goes like:
    Windup -> Release -> Recovery Or Combo > IF combo ::> Release -> Recovery Or Combo. only during the Windup, a player may cancel their attack and get flinched by other attacks. Release is unflinchable and the part where the weapon is in motion, only way release could be canceled would be if it were to connect to a wall or player parry/block before the time reach its end, though during the release phase. The attacker must decide if they are either going into Combo phase Or Recovery phase. By pressing desired attack button during release will queue the attack and start its combo windup once release ends. IF block button were to be pressed during release, it will queue a parry instantly after release phase, the move is called ‘Combo Parry’ which is very unreliable right now and hard to time. Allow your weapon to go through release state without doing anything will set the weapon in recovery, where the attacker is left open unless they choose to perform a panic parry which is a parry that is activated by pressing block button during recovery, but it costs more stamina and does not grant riposte/counter-attack upon parry.

A bit further to the right and you can see two more called, W+R+R which is Windup + Release + Recovery total time and W+R+C which is Windup + Release + Combo total time to see how much time it takes for one attack to completely follow through its phases or to do another attack with combo.

There is a couple of more vital information that could be found on the spreadsheet, the one furtherest to the right is the Knockback which depends on how far the player who parries or blocks will be pushed back, the higher value the stronger knockback obviously.

As you may notice, on type there is different ones called: Cut, Chop, Pierce, Blunt, BluntPierce and a couple of others, those are the damage modifiers that depends how much damage is dealt to one class, since each four classes has their own type of resistance to certain attacks. Archers for example being weak towards to Cut type weapons, and Knights prove to get a beating from Blunt weapons.

**Ranged weapon
    Here is a simple spreadsheet that shows more values for ranged weapons, its phase goes from left to right as you can see, just follow the arrow on top of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=108

Not much else to say about this.

I have also created a weapon parry spreadsheet that contains with information how much it costs for a weapon to parry another weapon’s attack. when you first take a look at the spreadsheet, you may notice that there is a whole lot of 7’s and 35’s, but those are values that are either under 7 or over 35 while 7 and 35 is the cap for how low or high the values can go as in ending up in stamina cost.

There is also a couple of different colours that tells how many hits are required to burn out an opponents stamina from 100%, though that’s not completely fixed yet so bare that in mind. the calculation is pretty simple.
    Parry drain - Parry negation = Stamina cost

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=116

But, I also got around to create one for shields, and here is that one:

only difference is that it has a different calculation which is:
    Base damage / Shield negation = Stamina cost
    So, some weapons who are effective against weapon parries may not be as good as the certain weapon is versus shields.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=122

And I’ve also created and modified another one that contains the each weapons parry negation and drain upon attack, which can essentionally also be found on the weapon parry spreadsheet, but this sheet also contains the horizontal and vertical drag speed cap on each different weapons, the higher the less cap obviously:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=118

And to add icing to the cake, here is a couple of extra values. armour resistance for each class and ect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=79

Feel free to paste your comment about these spreadsheet, and please let me know if you feel like these has been of any help.

Also I would like to give credit to the previous creators which I have modified the weapon value and extra values from which is first Knil which I had modified the spreadsheet from, and to Blaine which is the original creator of the two spreadsheets, the rest are my creations.

• Edit
      Will add more information as I find them.

• This must’ve taken a long time to make up. Good work :)

• The world could be falling down around his ears , “must not forget the spreadsheet” hehe.
    you better hide it incase TB pulls the plug and burns down the castle tbh

• Blargh you need a Google account to view it…everyone knows Google is evil

• No, you just need to enable Javascript. But yes - right now the NSA has information about all the weapon values in Chivalry.

• This should be stickied.

• Fapped and bookmarked. Deserving of a sticky.

• Also fapped. It’s definitely sticky now.

• Nice to see some people appreciate the work. I’ve updated it and added a couple of more details. Weapon lenght and scaling for more accurate weapon lenght, but mind that some attack animations either increases or halves the lenght.

For example a 1HSharp (One-handed animation) holds the weapon by the edge, thus utilizing pretty much 80% or more of the weapon lenght, while a DoubleAxe (Heavy Blunt + Two-handed axe animation) will have this kind of middle grip, thus using less of the weapon lenght.

Not sure if I got the chance to mention it earlier, but I also added how long time a weapon can go through windup before they can’t feint anymore, it is shown as ‘End Feint Window’. Might be nice to look at.

• This post is deleted!