Ninjas!

• Is it just me who finds it annoying that a knight in full armour can keep up with me when I am playing a ninja?

• I find it annoying. I can understand why it was done but I do find it annoying.

• Get back here you rolling fairy midget!

• Base speed differences are a little more exaggerated than in Chivalry (where MaA base speed is only 15% faster than Knight), but slower classes sprint faster to compensate for that. And there’s still the chase mechanic.

• yes its annoying when you are having a 1 v 1 then another 3 noobs come to join the fight against you, oftern mixed teams to get an easy kill on the squishy ninja, you cant run away :/ then you get 5 lmb spammers chasing you, they might aswell be bots fixed on one target.

• If you can outrun someone, then you can straight up avoid every fight you could lose giving the other guy no chance to kill you. This is why we have the chase mechanic. If they have you in their sights and are chasing you down, they will eventually catch you no matter the base speed differences of the classes. A Ninja however can escape, if you are good. Are you good? It’s all about breaking line of sight to stop the chase mechanic to get more distance. I was once chasing a ninja with three vikings, and he managed to turn a corner and vanish, hiding in a small nook to the right of the exit in Acropolis, and we totally lost him.

• If you totally lost him how do you know where he was?

• @Jon:

If you can outrun someone, then you can straight up avoid every fight you could lose giving the other guy no chance to kill you. This is why we have the chase mechanic. If they have you in their sights and are chasing you down, they will eventually catch you no matter the base speed differences of the classes. A Ninja however can escape, if you are good. Are you good? It’s all about breaking line of sight to stop the chase mechanic to get more distance. I was once chasing a ninja with three vikings, and he managed to turn a corner and vanish, hiding in a small nook to the right of the exit in Acropolis, and we totally lost him.

In CMW as maa you can run away all day long if your little maa heart so desires.

• @I_Am_King_Midas:

If you totally lost him how do you know where he was?

Good question. We eventually found him when he ran out when we had engaged another enemy. Was a good spot though.

• Short answer: this is a video game, not real life, and a ninja that could run away as soon as you hurt him would be incredibly annoying, even if it makes sense.

• Heh, running away injured doesn’t make a lot of sense. It’s hard and causes you to bleed more, possibly killing you on its own depending on the severity of the wound.

That being said, you should never expect to just run away from a fight in this game. If you engage, you’re committed.