Suggestions for flail, shield, and kick mechanics.

• I think having a charge up feature for flails, much like the sling, would make them much more interesting to use. In reality you would build up a swing by spinning it horizontally above your head or vertically to your side and releasing when you wanted to attack.

Having the flail function like this would give it a unique play style and allow for variable combo timings. You could hit someone then start your next attack immediately or give it another spin or 2 and release again. You would just need a slow stamina drain while charging and make quick attacks do less damage for balancing purposes.

I also love the shield jab the flail grants and wish I could do that with other weapons. I think replacing the quick shield bash (default F) with the jab and leaving the full bash the same would make shield play more interesting. This would also free up the thrust attack for the flail, which could be used to toggle the charge while the overhead and slash release into attacks.

Finally, I don’t like the quick kick. I think having a quick shove with the arms that you can aim and do while moving for non-shield users would be better. It wouldn’t stun or do damage, and could be blockable perhaps, just a space maker that you can combo into and out of. I think it would be a way to counter face hugging and give slow weapons more of a chance against daggers and the like. I think that’s what the quick kick is intended to do, but the fact that you can’t move or drag it limits it’s usefulness.

I doubt this will make it into the game but let me know what you think. Maybe we can make a mod: Shove-alry and Shove+ for us old salts.

• I suggested the idea of swinging the flail around to build up momentum using the sling animation about a year ago.

• I’m not surprised I wasn’t the first. It’s pretty obvious really. Looks like my doubts were well founded.

• Daily reminder that TBS won’t add/fix/optimize the game anymore, specially not with innovative, realistic and fun ideas such as this.
    You wasted your time writing this OP, and I’m sorry to say that because the idea is good and you seem like a good person.

• @Pungvarg:

Daily reminder that TBS won’t add/fix/optimize the game anymore, specially not with innovative, realistic and fun ideas such as this.
    You wasted your time writing this OP, and I’m sorry to say that because the idea is good as you seem like a good person.

And you know this how exactly?

• @lemonater47:

Because of their multiple year-long track record of failure and nerfs. Quit defending them you idiot.

• @Flippy:

Because of their multiple year-long track record of failure and nerfs. Quit defending them you idiot.

Thank you.

• @lemonater47:

I’d love it if TBS convinced me otherwise. Just look at their track record and you’ll see that TBS is slowly dwindling away from their game. It sucks because I really enjoy it.

• Dr Zob, I mentioned it before you ;)

Edit, the reason why we are all having similar thoughts is because that is part of the iconic image people get with a flail, it may not be accruate to real life or whatever, but it is fun and what people want.

As it stands the flail is really just a medium range, slowish mace, just with weird animations and a slightly faster jab.

• @Toll:

As it stands the flail is really just a medium range, slowish mace, just with weird animations and a slightly faster jab.

Right now flail is just a magical voodoo effigy that enables you to punch with your shield. All the other strikes are bad compared to mighty shield punch.

• @Kreittis:

Right now flail is just a magical voodoo effigy that enables you to punch with your shield. All the other strikes are bad compared to mighty shield punch.

Ummm, the overhead is epic. i regularly go into duels and powder peoples brains with it (the tier 1 flail that is) :)
    You just have to be epic with shield work, crowd control, and foot work.