Blade Symphony

• Here’s its kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/punyhuman/blade-symphony?ref=live

Here’s the best introductory/review video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_sPrPZJYrs.

I bought it and downloaded it yesterday and I’ve been having a ton of fun. It’s a high-skill fighting game, it’s nothing really like Chivalry, but it’s got swords so it’s good enough for me.

I would highly recommend getting it. Some personal +'s I have for it.

#1: One of the best tutorials I’ve ever played. Explains very clearly the basic mechanics and how to pull them off and what they do.

#2: Really crisp, responsive menus.

#3: The community is really good. In the 4-5 hours that I played, I only came across 1 toxic person. I also met 3 different people who helped me learn some new things.

#5: You can’t buy power. You can’t even use real money to buy things. The in-game currency are “notes”. These notes can be used to buy skins, masks, and in the future capes for the 4 different classes. You can only acquire notes through winning duels in the duel mode. So when you see someone with that expensive mask, you know he earned it.

#6: Class balance is really good, and well varied. There are currently 4 classes. Judgement, Phalanx, Ryuko, and Pure. Judgment is slower than the other classes, but his attacks are strong and you have to rely on timing to get the most out of him. Phalanx is really good at long range stabs, and his moveset is akin to a fencer’s. Ryuko is the lightest, fastest class. He’s really good at unleashing a flurry of blows very quickly and dancing around his opponent’s attacks.

Some people think Ryuko is OP, I disagree. I haven’t had any trouble fighting him myself. Then there’s Pure, the only female character, who has very strong Air attacks. Her whole moveset is about jumping and wall running, with massive burst damage if you can land a combo.

There are plans to introduce a 5th female class called the Vanguard, but development on her hasn’t even really started. They’re working on concepts for her right now.

#7: It’s very cheap, and well worth the money. It’s only $15 on Steam.

So go watch that guys’ video and buy the damn game, because it’s awesome.

EDIT: It’s also got really in-depth game and graphical settings, which is always a plus. And you can adjust the exact location of the camera to your liking in the settings as well. Do you like to lick your fighter’s neck? Just make the camera really close. Like to have a bird’s eye view? Crank the height up.

Also, the lag compensation is amazing, some of the best I’ve ever seen. I fought a few guys who had almost 200 ping, and I honestly couldn’t tell the difference besides them stuttering a couple times. I don’t know what it’s like to play on high-ping, but honestly, it just matters when you play against it.

It’s also get a fantastic worldwide ranking system. The more duels you win, the higher your rank. The more you lose, the lower.

Also it’s just fucking pretty.

• NO SUPPORTING OTHER GAMES OR ADVERTISING! NEW FORUM RULES, SORRY, BANHAMMER TEIM HAAHAHAHHHHAHAHA
    MY NAME IS KEITH HEAR ME ROAR

• It’s a pretty fun game for what it is. Definitely more of a 3D fighter with swords than anything like Chivalry. Although, I did meet a lot of Chivalry players playing it.

• Leave it up to Oy to misread everything.

I’ve seen videos about the game, it looks interesting. I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot.

• I bet I’m a better reader than you man watch me go finish the Dark Tower series in 3 days. Then I’ll read through Game of Thrones before you can even get past the first chapter of Fifty Shades of Grey.

• @Oy:

I bet I’m a better reader than you man watch me go finish the Dark Tower series in 3 days. Then I’ll read through Game of Thrones before you can even get past the first chapter of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Oy I love you with all my heart and soul, but reading fast doesn’t make you a good reader. Anyone can read in their head, and the speed is just a preference. A good reader is someone who can read aloud smoothly and clearly, with no “umms” or “uhhhs”.

• @Flippy:

Oy I love you with all my heart and soul, but reading fast doesn’t make you a good reader. Anyone can read in their head, and the speed is just a preference. A good reader is someone who can read aloud smoothly and clearly, with no “umms” or “uhhhs”.

Man, I can project my voice clearly, and speak with theatrical prowess to rival patrick stewart. I just don’t feel like it.

• Time is the Fire in which we burn picard! Oy I could see you as a cylon tbh, defo not a captain of any federation ship.

• @Oy:

Man, I can project my voice clearly, and speak with theatrical prowess to rival patrick stewart. I just don’t feel like it.

With that face, how can I doubt you <3

• @Oy:

I already finished the books. Psh.

And puh-leeze. No one can top Sir Patrick Stewart. How DARE you.

• @Kimiko:

I already finished the books. Psh.

And puh-leeze. No one can top Sir Patrick Stewart. How DARE you.

Except maybe Sir Ian McKellen. WHAT NOW!?!