Is Chivalry slowly dying?

• So most of us know the current state of chivalry….(i wont explain it here).But i’ve seen a good amount of new players recently (considering the rank bug (lol)).But i have a question.Is chivalry dying? i mean how many players play every day and how many are online on avarege…Is there a way to know it?
    P.s Hexen is the guy that gave me a reason to play chivalry again and considering i played chivalry since day 1 i think it’s a pretty hard task nowadays.Thank you Hexen!(sorry for bad english).

• Comp scene in NA is in the ER with HIV and hemorrhaging. Comp scene in EU is stronger than NA, indicated by their recent tournament, but Rumpel could shed more light on that.

In terms of pubs you should always find a server close to you with players, even during low times. But it could be thriving much more if TB fixed the fucking rank and weapon unlock bugs. Literally, I had 3 friends who I recommended the game to quit playing after a week because they couldn’t rank up or unlock anything. I felt so bad because I had pretty much wasted their money for them.

• Is there really competitive scene?I tought it died ages ago…Are there streams of it?And what clans take part of them?Ty for your answer

• TB is busy making DLC they dont have time for that.

• Yes there is. Not nearly as many as there used to be anymore. It’s not worth getting into it unless you join a new clan/start a new one.

Here’s my Youtube channel. I have dozens and dozens of scrims on there. Most of them from August to the recent NA tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOb4BhMqe5tmN2n7IUdTKNw

Yes there are streams of it, but they’re so rare, and nobody watches them anyway so there’s no point to them.

• Im asking too many questions but…about DW… is it even worth a cent?

• No its not

• @Elemond:

Im asking too many questions but…about DW… is it even worth a cent?

No. Don’t waste your money.

• @Enigma:

Oy would tell you differently. I should let him talk about it, because he’ll actually bring some points and arguments about DW.

• Sure, if you want me to back it up, I can back it up. Refer to this thread where I’ve given a good argument at the bottom http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18079-Classic-Duels-Free-For-All-Duel?p=196924#post196924

• @Elemond:

Is there really competitive scene?I tought it died ages ago…Are there streams of it?And what clans take part of them?Ty for your answer

But there are indeed lots of new clans. Seem to be new guys every few weeks here in central/east US. They die out about as fast as they start, but I have seen a couple of them stick around, for better or for worst.

The revolving door of players and clans doesn’t do anything to raise the skill bar in NA, but at least we’re still playing.

• @Enigma:

That’s just your opinion.Do not pass it as a fact.

• @Elemond:

Im asking too many questions but…about DW… is it even worth a cent?

I played DW for a few hours, CMW for 1,000 hours. I don’t really like multi-teams because it is not even numbers and there is no team objective so I find constant TDM style mode very boring.

• @Flippy:

Comp scene in NA is in the ER with HIV and hemorrhaging. Comp scene in EU is stronger than NA, indicated by their recent tournament, but Rumpel could shed more light on that.

In terms of pubs you should always find a server close to you with players, even during low times. But it could be thriving much more if TB fixed the fucking rank and weapon unlock bugs. Literally, I had 3 friends who I recommended the game to quit playing after a week because they couldn’t rank up or unlock anything. I felt so bad because I had pretty much wasted their money for them.

Such poor decisions on TB’s part. At least engage your supporters in troubleshooting this thing! I’m guessing most of TB disbanded and bailed on the project. Who knows what they’re doing now…

• Competitively, Chivalry died with “the patch.” Until some major changes/reverts are made, it will likely stay that way. For pubbing it’s still pretty much the same, maybe a little weaker than usual after this previous sale session since a lot of new players didn’t stick around due to rank/weapon unlocks not working.

• With the way TB hurls themselves at steam, I doubt it. There will always be some new fool who thinks this game has something to offer beyond the surface presentation, sort of like how many of us felt when the game came out.

Once enough time is applied, which would be different for everyone, the underlying decay begins to seep through and the surface tension barely holds onto the gurgling cesspool below. Anyone who plays for any decent amount of time is going to start to see this game has some serious problems, unless they just completely force themselves to believe nothing is wrong because the concept is so good.

The game is fun, no doubt, but for anything more than a casual slasher? Not in my opinion. It’s just too bad the “casual” stuff: [[/B]the rank bug, weapon unlock bugs, technical bugs in general (visit steam hub)]**, is just as broken and skewed as the issues plaguing the current competitive meta.

Regardless of what happened with the initial direction, they didn’t completely master their new one, which is why the player count remains pitifully low.**

• Well the new players wouldn’t of experienced the game before the patch. So it hasn’t gotten “Worse” for them.

• @lemonater47:

Well the new players wouldn’t of experienced the game before the patch. So it hasn’t gotten “Worse” for them.

Well, the children in the middle of Africa have never experienced the first world before, so I guess dying by the thousands to fever and famine isn’t all that bad after all.

• @Flippy:

Well, the children in the middle of Africa have never experienced the first world before, so I guess dying by the thousands to fever and famine isn’t all that bad after all.

You really gotta work on comparing things a little better.

• @lemonater47:

You really gotta work on comparing things a little better.