MMORPG

• PLEASE make a mmorpg using this game engine and battle mechanics, it will be the future of mmorpg games. Just imagine fighting epic monsters with ur friends using this battle mechanics. Please comment if u agree with me.

PLEASE DO IT!

• Err…
    Big servers cost money, don’t they?

• So much money that you would have to pay monthly for said game? Not my money…

• I would love to see a MMO game with Chivalry like combat mechanics. But I wasn’t thinking about the typical MMORPG crap where you fight off generic fantasy NPCs.

More something like PlanetSide:
    You have different factions on a huge map with castles on it and all you do is basically fighting off the other factions, besieges castles, gain land and experience.

In Mount&Blade Warband there are some 200 player servers with a siege mode. Big battles like these are spectacular. That’s what I could think of as an MMO.

But let’s face it: I don’t think a indie studio could handle a MMO like this if even Sony is having a hard time getting PlanetSide 2 run smoothly.

• @Siegbert:

More something like PlanetSide:
    You have different factions on a huge map with castles on it and all you do is basically fighting off the other factions, besieges castles, gain land and experience.

That would indeed be awesome but I think this will require a damn lot of money and manpower, and they’ll propably have to start-over from scratch :|

• Maybe someday, but maybe more structured like Dragon Nest would be better for this kind of game.

• One single studio might not be able to pull off a challenge like that, but don’t get me wrong I don’t underestimate Indie developers anymore. We’ve been getting some really good stuff lately :D

• It would be nice but I would think pretty hard to do with the current engine. What I would like to see is a Warhammer fantasy battle style version but thats highly unlikely. I know there is a 40k mod in the works.

• The problem is translating the precise nature of the combat here into a massive setting. The cost is enormous just to try and develop the code that could handle it, then you have to get servers that can support so many players…it’s not an easy feat to achieve.

I can tell you though, if anyone does manage it, they will have my money for eternity.

• Ya, Mortal Online kind of did it. I played it for a few days but combat was laggy as shit. But some people seem to love it.

• first mmorpg with fantasy (or even without) with this kind of combat mechanics = biggest success on earth.

BUT

Computers and servers of today cannot handle such a percicley made combat mode in a giant open wolrd (lets say mortal online ish or wow ish or aion ish) its just too big too much going on and too much weapons swingin in a short ammount of time. it is nearly impossible to do it right at least if nobody fixes the way weapon tracking and all that works.

i mean i came up with an idea to combine a game that is like minecraft (but for adults) with this.

Guys u cannot understand how much i would love to see something like this (best lotr themed) and all that but it is not the time for such great games. Chivalry is all we can ask for atm till someone finds an awesome way to increase hardware or game mechanics.

• @Thorendir:

first mmorpg with fantasy (or even without) with this kind of combat mechanics = biggest success on earth.

BUT

Computers and servers of today cannot handle such a percicley made combat mode in a giant open wolrd (lets say mortal online ish or wow ish or aion ish) its just too big too much going on and too much weapons swingin in a short ammount of time. it is nearly impossible to do it right at least if nobody fixes the way weapon tracking and all that works.

i mean i came up with an idea to combine a game that is like minecraft (but for adults) with this.

Guys u cannot understand how much i would love to see something like this (best lotr themed) and all that but it is not the time for such great games. Chivalry is all we can ask for atm till someone finds an awesome way to increase hardware or game mechanics.

Wouldn’t say that.

I’m currently beta testing Planetside 2 which is MMO FPS and has several hundred players per map. Things can get pretty crowded there and it’s overall quite hardware demanding but it works without serious lags.

I think a game like Chivalry as MMO could work but it cannot be done by an indie development studio, that’s for sure.

• Planetside 2 cannot be run at a consistent 60 fps on maximum settings even with a gtx 690. :(

• Take a loop at what the folks behind the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod are doing. 1800+ people all playing at the same time in its open-world map.

• @UnknownXV:

Planetside 2 cannot be run at a consistent 60 fps on maximum settings even with a gtx 690. :(

That’s because the game currently doesn’t take all of the cpus into account. They sure need to work that out.

• If Chivalry were to keep the way its graphics, combat, and game modes (as battlegrounds/PvP) and make it into a WoW style MMO-RPG with cool fantasy gear (not the medieval stuff), quests, instances. It would be _THE _BEST GAME EVER made by today’s MMO-RPG standards.

Throughout my time playing this game I find myself always thinking about making a kickstarter that would help me fund a project like this. The graphics of this game kill any other mmo-rpg that is playable at this time because of what it does with its lighting effects and use of non over glossy things.

The Elder Scrolls Online is going to be something to look at since its style of combat is similar in a way aswell as its graphics. So it will be fun to see what they bring out but maybe Torn Banner Studios will read this and get a clue to start a kickstarter to make the best MMO-RPG ever.

BUT PLEASE DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO WAIT TILL SOMEONE ELSE YEARS DOWN THE LINE MAKES A GAME LIKE THIS DO IT NOW.

• @adrakaop:

If Chivalry were to keep the way its graphics, combat, and game modes (as battlegrounds/PvP) and make it into a WoW style MMO-RPG with cool fantasy gear (not the medieval stuff), quests, instances. It would be _THE _BEST GAME EVER made by today’s MMO-RPG standards.

Not quite sure what you mean by instances… Isn’t that basically a couple of guys forced into a specific server to battle it out with each other?
    That wouldn’t be very different from what we currently have…

I want massive open world warfare in a medieval setting… Like what Elder Scrolls Online is supposedly going to do: a large pvp area with battles of up to 200 people on the screen, but with Chivalry combat mechanics.

• And instance in the MMO-RPG world is a raid or dungeon.

• @SOC:

Maybe someday, but maybe more structured like Dragon Nest would be better for this kind of game.

I agree with you here. Dragon Nest is pretty good, although imagine Chiv’s graphics instead of the standard anime stuff.