Damage : warhammer ≒ bearded axe
    Both can kill Knight with two overhead
    (Beardy: one headshot and one torso)
    Reach : warhammer <<< bearded axe
    even shorter than waraxe

Conclusion
    there’s no good in use warhammer except apearal features
    need some reach enhance or speed enhance

• You can use it with a shield and it does blunt damage rather than blunt/slash. Those are super useful. More drag potential which people don’t expect from a 1h wep. It’s actually not that bad as a weapon. I find it’s trickier to block than the bearded axe.

• you can use a shield with the warhammer :)

• The warhammer is very underpowered. Why use it with a shield, if shields are also underpowered?
    If a vanguard knows how to hit and sprint back, there is no way a knight can hit him with the warhammer, even if it’s a counter.
    Men at arms just roflstomp, dashing back and stabbing
    Archers are archers.
    Vs knights it’s less underpowered, but still one of the last choices for most people.

And btw, a 0.5 second release is not good for drags, at all.

• I find it very easy to drag. But its still not a great weapon. Its stab windup ad release should be buffed. Maybe stab damage reduced slightly. So the warhammer a stab serves as an attack useful for interrupting enemies with two handers.

• Just buff the LMB and Overhead dmg slightly. Nerfing stab is fine with me. Whether it be damage or speed.

Just be careful not to make it into a Maul #2 (High dmg and very slow) or Morning star (Long reach)

• Honest to god, who even cares about this thing?

I know looks aren’t everything in this game but seriously; people even use this damn handyman tool?
    Same with the hatchet, I just CAN’T use it. Everyone looks almost the same in this game so intimidation isn’t really a factor but still: who in their right mind would want to enter the battlefield with a carpenter’s woodcutting tool?

This is probably just me though. I simply can’t stand fighting wars with such a ridiculous looking weapon that looks more like a tool than it does a weapon for mass slaughter.

• Don’t buff the Warhammer. Buff shields and remove the bubble. And the Warhammer is NOT a handyman tool - get the Maul for this. Warhammer is a tool for cracking armor - or skulls.

• @Evil:

Don’t buff the Warhammer. Buff shields and remove the bubble. And the Warhammer is NOT a handyman tool - get the Maul for this. Warhammer is a tool for cracking armor - or skulls.

This guy nailed it. (Get it?)

The war hammer was actually pretty OP in closed beta back before Vanguard buffs and bubble, it two shot anyone with two LMBs very easily and quickly. Shields then were great, too. The only reason the war hammer feels weak now is because of the mechanic and fundamental changes to the game: no more combo feint to parry, recovery parry, bubble, no forward chase mechanic, vanguard knockback, buffs to archer and MaA footwork, ect…

The war hammer doesn’t need buffs. The mechanics need reverting.

• @SOC:

The war hammer was actually pretty OP in closed beta bubble, it two shot anyone with two LMBs very easily and quickly. Shields then were great, too. The only reason the war hammer feels weak now is because of the mechanic and fundamental changes to the game: no more combo feint to parry, recovery parry, bubble, no forward chase mechanic, vanguard knockback, buffs to archer and MaA footwork, ect…

^This. I’ve thrown about 100 hours into the little hammer in both live and chiv+, and the difference is remarkable.

• @LTTLWLF:

^This. I’ve thrown about 100 hours into the little hammer in both live and chiv+, and the difference is remarkable.

Nah you just have a magic hammer.

• Removal of forward chase really screwed up the warhammer

• Bunnings Hammer is great for being a Bunnings Hammer.

Not all weapons have to be super great. Leave a few underpowered because of the lolz of using them

• @Toll:

Bunnings Hammer is great for being a Bunnings Hammer.

Not all weapons have to be super great. Leave a few underpowered because of the lolz of using them

I don’t think many people would know what bunnings is.

• For those that don’t know, Bunnings is a tool and hardware store in AUS/NZ, with a big red hammer as their logo (hence the ‘bunnings hammer’). I actually ran around with bunnings as a sponsor tag raping face with my little hammer for 2 weeks straight, potentially causing the resurgence in the weapons popularity on duel and TO servers down here haha.

• @Rickvs:

Honest to god, who even cares about this thing?

I do. It is very fun to use without shield, popping heads with warhammer never gets old.

@Rickvs:

I know looks aren’t everything in this game but seriously; people even use this damn handyman tool?

Oh, the one in game is very authentic looking warhammer, unlike that weird longsword. I don’t think you realise how devastating blunt force trauma this little thing can dish out. Plus it has that mean spike (that the game never uses) for piercing. Warhammer is one nasty tool.

This is handyman tool. This is instrument of death, used by knights in medieval era.

Ingame chivalry model for comparison.

@Rickvs:

This is probably just me though. I simply can’t stand fighting wars with such a ridiculous looking weapon that looks more like a tool than it does a weapon for mass slaughter.

You must laugh your ass of when you see maul then. That looks more like tool for pounding stakes than actual weapon.

Oh, how about grand mace? It looks like tool for pleasuring women, rather than usable weapon. That thing would weight way too much.

Of all the knight primary blunts, warhammer is most authentic weapon.

EDIT: Almost forgot the reason why I replied in first place.

OP; warhammer is not bad, bearded axe is just too good. 2 hits to kill knight with weapon that fast is just… not good. I would rather see bearded axe nerfed to kill knights in 3 hits, rather than warhammer buffed.

• The bunnings hammer is still good for a laugh. I don’t think it needs a buff. Just keep it as a challenging weapon. Not all weapons have to be as good as each other or it sort of defeats the purpose of having different weapon selections…

• @SOC:

The war hammer was actually pretty OP in closed beta back before Vanguard buffs and bubble, it two shot anyone with two LMBs very easily and quickly. Shields then were great, too. The only reason the war hammer feels weak now is because of the mechanic and fundamental changes to the game: no more combo feint to parry, recovery parry, bubble, no forward chase mechanic, vanguard knockback, buffs to archer and MaA footwork, ect…

Total agreement.

• Lets compare the cudgel and the Zweihander while we’re at it. The cudgel is clearly underpowered compared to it, the damage between the two should be equal.
    To be honest I’d rather use the warhammer than the bearded axe. Bearded axe is useless when it comes to situations were you are out numbered, mostly because you have to feint to land a hit with it unlike the warhammer which is easier to combine with footwork and dragging.

• Just to make it clear:
    The warhammer is NOT a tool.

The hatchet is a tool.
    The maul is a tool.
    The double axe is a tool, though its fancy handle might claim otherwise.

Even the hunting knife is far from being an actual weapon. But the warhammer is a refined war instrument commonly used in the medieval Europe on the battlefield. It came up to broader use with the rise of plate armor, as its spike was excellent at piercing through even the thickest of plate, but because its tendency to remain stuck, the blunt side was often preferred.

As of its current stats, it is a bit slow but it is stronger than the flanged mace and significantly more effective than the heavy flail. The speed is decent and has its own benefits. Also due to the way it is held it also tends to wrap around parry boxes, hitting the opponent if they don’t take extra caution to turn into their parry. The only weakness is its length which can be easily solved with a bit of footwork.

To conclude, warhammer is fine. I’d rather see the heavy flail beefed up because it is slower and weaker, and it’s not really even any longer.