An adventure game with the combat system of Chivalry

• After playing this game, i started to get bored with other games which got melee combat in them.Because the combat in this game was so fluid and realistic(apart from things like blocking heavy weapons with butter knives etc.).I was so amazed by it.I was really feeling like fighting.So i was thinking today what if there was an adventure game with this kind of combat.Where you can play with other players, go on raids, killing boss monsters etc.

• @SolidMecha:

(apart from things like blocking heavy weapons with butter knives etc.).

Parrying. You mean parrying.

Blocking is stopping the force, parrying is redirecting the force. Nobody blocks in combat, even shields are used to parry strikes. You can block arrows tho’.

Redirecting heavy weapons with light weapons is not uncommon. You know, there is a reason why parrying dagger is popular companion weapon to rapier.

Here is some combat sparring, just because.

• No need to point that out.lol As it was obivous what i meant.Sorry my english isnt very advanced, sometimes i forget the accurate words to put in sentences.Could be better if we can talk about the subject of the topic.
    Edit:Pretty fun video btw

• @Kreittis:

Parrying. You mean parrying.

Blocking is stopping the force, parrying is redirecting the force. Nobody blocks in combat, even shields are used to parry strikes. You can block arrows tho’.

Redirecting heavy weapons with light weapons is not uncommon. You know, there is a reason why parrying dagger is popular companion weapon to rapier.

Here is some combat sparring, just because.

Parrying in chivalry is what you do when you have no shield,
    Blocking in chivalry is what you do when you have a shield.

• Can we stay on the topic please?I dont think anyone should care about what is the difference between parrying and blocking since it is not about the fucking topic

• @SolidMecha:

After playing this game, i started to get bored with other games which got melee combat in them.Because the combat in this game was so fluid and realistic(apart from things like blocking heavy weapons with butter knives etc.).I was so amazed by it.I was really feeling like fighting.So i was thinking today what if there was an adventure game with this kind of combat.Where you can play with other players, go on raids, killing boss monsters etc.

World of warcraft might be what your looking for?
    I dont like it but I hear it has those type of things you want.

• I know WoW, though i havent played it more than an hour.I had a friend who own it, and played for an hour and didnt really like it.As far as i know there arent a game like i mentioned.

• @SolidMecha:

I know WoW, though i havent played it more than an hour.I had a friend who own it, and played for an hour and didnt really like it.As far as i know there arent a game like i mentioned.

There really isn’t. Maybe if someone took the time to develop a massive campaign mod for chivalry with lore and heavily improved AI it could lead the way for some more story based games with a dynamic combat system. There’s a few nice looking first person slasher/rpg’s on greenlight if you have a look around too, not entirely sure what the combat system is like though.

• The AI can be improved quite a bit. The user WARSAW has a server with really vicious AI. Though the AI kinda hacks a bit. And he did that before there was an SDK for this game.

I found this really interesting RPG on IndieDB. Its called The Trench. Its not released yet but been in development for ages and looks as though its gonna come out this year. Its a first person shooter Role playing game.
    Pretty much you are a French soldier in WWI on the Verdun front. The Germans will launch an attack on your trench in 3 days. You have to make sure the attack fails. You can do all sorts of things to hinder the Germans efforts. There’s stealth kills as stuff as well. Minor crafting elements. All sorts of things. And the battlegrounds in dynamic. So if you call a 75 gun howitzer barrage in the middle of no mans land tree will be craters and everything. Making it easier for you to move up to their lines to mess things about with them. But at the same time giving the Germans cover when they advance for their attack and if they decide to do any missions of their own. There’s as many melee weapons as there is guns.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-trench

Again not released yet but its a new kinda game. First person RPG with RTS elements.

• The Elder Scrolls Online, maybe. It hadn’t been released yet but I’ve only heard good things about it, including the combat being extremely well fluid and good.

• Dragon Age: Inquisition looks pretty sweet. The first was definitely better than the second, and they know it. They look like they know what they’re doing this time around.