Aztec warrior in deadliest warrior! :D

• Hi, I’m one of those who think that the aztecs should be present in chivalry deadliest warrior.

They would be more armored than the pirate but less than the viking. In fact the aztecs warriors had good cotton armor call ichcahuipilli.

They should have the deadliest weapon (make the most damage and are still pretty fast). There is my weapon proposition.

First weapons:

• Cuauhololli (club made of oak and stone) and chimalli (rond shield) /this weapon make good amount of damage.
    • Tepoztopilli (polearm/spear of 7 feet long and made of wood and obsidian) /works like the naginata.
      -One handed macahuilt (sword that can be use like a masse made of oak and obsidian) and chimalli (rond shield) /this weapon make devastating attack at a great speed (some say it could decapitate an horse in one shot) and it will be able to one shot ninja, pirate, spartan and maybe viking (with a slash on the uper torse), but it’s stab wont be powerfull.
    • Two handed macahuilt / Slower but more devastating than the one handed version, this weapon can one shot viking for shure and maybe samourai.

_Secondary weapons:
    _

• Atlatl (projectile launching device) and tlacochtli (javelin) / Hurt like a dori but has a better range (while throwing it).
    • Tlahuitolli (a bow of 5 feet long) and yaomime (arrow pointed with obsidian, flint or bone) / The Aztecs were renowned to be amazing archers, so this weapon will have good range and a quick reload time.
    • Tematlal (sling) (the munitions are carefully sharped before the battle and can injure heavily a soldier in full metal armor) / Even better relaoad time than the Tlahuitolli (bow).

For the ones of you who think that the Aztecs weapon weren’t efficient just let me tell you something: the obsidian is so sharp that we still use it to do eye surgery. Furthermore, many Spanish’s text say that the spanish troops had obsidian pieces on their bodies after meeting the Aztects on the battle field :nightmare:(so the Aztec’s weapons can pass by armor) :triumphant:. I know that the obsidian is more fragile than metal, but the Aztects always took care of their weapon, so they were always in good conditions at the beginning of a battle :encouragement:. The fact that the macahuitl could be used as a masse gives an huge advantage to an Aztec over any armored opponents.

Finally, it’ll be amazing to unlock elite aztec armour, like the ones of the Eagle knight (cuauhtli) and Jaguard knight (ocelotl). :fat:

There’s a good site to get information on Aztec’s weapons :joyous:
    http://www.aztec-history.com/ancient-aztec-weapon.html

Do you think that my idea is good? Give your opinion and together we’ll make this game better by adding the mighty Aztecs!

• dude not gonna happen and ur making these items sound so op lollll “this weapon can one shot viking for sure and maybe samurai” dude are u retard or trolling? and the sling “can injure heavily soldier in full metal armor and better reload time than bow.” might as well just add aircraft space carriers.

• What this… gentlemen said. Though I would love to see Aztecs in the game, the weapons you outlined would be fun. I secretly hope against hope for reskins of the classes/weapons as different ones.

• Let’s add Space Marines.

They get an armored super-punch that can oneshot Knight.

They also have booster packs that they can fly with and Space Rifles that can injure soldiers in full metal armor.

• @Oy:

Let’s add Space Marines.

They get an armored super-punch that can oneshot Knight.

They also have booster packs that they can fly with and Space Rifles that can injure soldiers in full metal armor.

I really wanted a warhammer 40k expansion. Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Chaos, all that good stuff.
    Being a weird boy with his telekinesis or a space marine with his power hammer with chiv combat would’ve been top notch. Or manning a juggernaut.

Also OP, I’m not so certain that Torn Banner will be adding more classes to the game. I would like to see it as well, there are many good ideas floating around on this forum, Aztecs being a very popular addition.

• A melee only 40K expansion, or a Warhammer expansion would both, be awesome.

• why are u all obsessed with aztecs they got owned lol.

• @Pesky:

why are u all obsessed with aztecs they got owned lol.

Well the Spanish cheated.

• no they didnt aztecs had like a million more warriors

• @Pesky:

dude not gonna happen and ur making these items sound so op lollll “this weapon can one shot viking for sure and maybe samurai” dude are u retard or trolling? and the sling “can injure heavily soldier in full metal armor and better reload time than bow.” might as well just add aircraft space carriers.

For the 2 handed one I’m pretty sure he was thinking of something like the maul. Which makes absolutely no sense, given that one is made of wood and the other is made of wood with a bloody giant hammer on the end, but theoretically, one shot kills are viable.

That being said, I don’t support most of these weapons the way the OP described them, even if I do want to see Aztecs in the game.

• I have no problem with you guys disagreing with the stats… Just propose new ones :)

P.S. The Aztecs went killed by other natives, the Spanish were just their to provoque the uprising. In the last battle of the Aztecs they were approximatly 24000 and were facing like 1000 (800 or so) Spanish AND 20000 natives that revolted against their overloard. So in fact they weren’t outnombering their ennemy by alot of warriors (that weren’t their elite). Ad to this, their leaders (nobles) were murdered during a religious feast (they didnt ad weapon most likely). And the ones that werent their (the last nobles) die thanks to disease, over 100 000 Aztecs die to that.

At the end, the mighty Aztecs were unable to fight back after a siege and an epidemic…

If you really want to know a fair fight opposing one meso-american civilisation (the Mayas in this occasion) and the Spanish (with no help from other native), just look at what happened to Francisco Hernández de Córdoba… His army and him went completely destroyed (the expedition was a disaster). For the one of you who think that it’s because the Mayas were better than the Aztecs, just consider that the Aztecs were able to conquer a huge part of Mexico without colonizing the new land they conquered (the fear of their ennemy was enought to keep most of them over their control). In the other hand, the Mayas were living in divided city and didn’t dominate others civilazations.

Considering those facts, we can understand that the Spanish weren’t better soldiers than the Aztecs (in fact they were way worst) and that they only won thanks to disease and provoking massives uprisings in the aztec empire (not thanks to their military superiority).

In conclusion, the astecs didn’t had a million more warriors.
    [h=1][/h]

• And guess who brought the disease? The Spanish. I told you they cheated.

• I know :) I agree with what you’re saying…

• You all need to realize that TBS just spit this game out as fast as possible to cash in on some quick profit. DW is just a reskinned CMW with simplistic new maps. They have 0 desire to ever put out any content update for it.

• @bootyhorn:

You all need to realize that TBS just spit this game out as fast as possible to cash in on some quick profit. DW is just a reskinned CMW with simplistic new maps. They have 0 desire to ever put out any content update for it.

Actually, this game is the product of thousands of hours and a deep passion for making a great game. There were some twists and turns and some mistakes, but that’s just how it goes. It’s a cheap game, it’s been supported for over a year now, and you’re just butthurt and ignoring the facts. They even announed a community patch in the official thread, highlighting what they understand are the main gripes from the player’s standpoint and asking for feedback so they can make a fix-all patch based on what we want. That sound like some cash-out quick profit maneuver?

DW had some new and awesome features that they even put into MW, the maps are fun, the classes and weapons are diverse and the mechanic changes were very fun to learn and adapt to. If you don’t get at least 15 hours out of the game and some good laughs, then you’re just an angry ogre and you need to settle down. What did you pay, $10? $15? Oh, poor you.

• @lemonater47:

And guess who brought the disease? The Spanish. I told you they cheated.

who didnt bring disease

• I’d like to point out that i have studied the Maya and Aztec cultures for a few years now, the Atlatl was more commonly used by North American native ‘warriors’ rather than the Mesoamerican’s. As much as i would love to see an Aztec Jaguar or Eagle warrior in this game, it is highly unlikely. Also your descriptions of the weapons are very inaccurate, as well as that site you listed is not only extremely sketchy in its facts (and inaccurate). there is no academic sources being listed or proving with an academic journal for these weapons to be completely accurate. The Aztec arsenal wasn’t that great against the Spaniards, regardless of accounts from soldiers themselves it is still not documented extremely well to give us evidence to use as concrete fact.

• Pesky: you being very immature about this. On the side of the invading Spaniards, they didn’t know they were bringing disease and plague to the new land. Aside from forcing their religion which caused much destruction to the natural landscape, it destroyed many of the natural features that peoples of the Inca called Waka’s which were spirits of their deities that lived within those natural objects and the church wanted to obliterate everything to do with their past religions to install the new true religion. Also, Small Pox killed 90% of the population; as well as social turmoil which undermines any great civilization (even today, countercultures are going against the mainstream religions that will show up in the archaeological record of the future). So before you begin to think that the Spaniards won by their gauntlets and guns, they had the help of every local that had their family, relatives, and culture subjugated and prejudiced by the Aztec’s self appointed elite class. thus, with the help of their own peoples, the Aztec empire fell; lets also not forget how most of the documents were from some very bias sources.

• Thank you very much to correct some of my comments :). Thought I still affirm that the Atlal was used by the Aztec. I do know that the site I gave is extremely basic and that you can’t believe everything you saw there (you always need to analize the information you find). Also, the weapons… well I dont think that I’m that inaccurate… I did learn more on the Aztec since I describe them and most of them look fine for me (the Tepoztopilli and the Cuauhololli are the ones I hesitate more on). About the efficiency of the aztec weapon against the Spaniards, I based myself on the material (on the Mohs scale) that they’re made of and on the simple logic (the impact power that provide the weapon could be letal). In fact the flint is classed around 7, obsidian is around 5 and 5,5 (maybe 7, because it can mark glass) and steel goes to 5 to 8,5 (depending on how it’s forge) http://www.tedpella.com/company_html/hardness.htm. I understand that 8,5 is better than 7, but in most cases only modern method can make it so resistant (I not shure tought… wasn’t able to find a good source on that, but I don’t think that I need to prouve that the industrial revolution improved the way human worked on steel (to make it better than obsidian and flint)). If you find something on that don’t hesitate to inform us on it :)

In an other way of thought, I know that I didn’t put enough sources to obligate everyone to believe what I said (that’s why I invite you to propose new elements), but you didn’t put the sources needed to call all my propositions wrong… I’m just saying that nothing prouves that your position is more accurate (nothing personnal). Let’s take one example:

The Aztec arsenal wasn’t that great against the Spaniards

No sources prouves us that it’s more accurate than saying that they were great against the Spaniards…

Also, I do know that we don’t have alot of documentation on the Aztec empire, but thanks to a more scientific and logic way to inform ourself on them, we can get a good over view of them. :)

P.S. Thank you very much Wildman for your constructives comments (I really appreciate them) and don’t hesitate to propose new ideas on how the aztec warrior should be in Chivalry Deadliest Warrior and to share with us your knowledge on the Mesoamerican’s civilisations, but remember explain your opinion in detail when you say that an other person point of view is inaccurate. Like that we’ll be able to produce a better representation of an aztec warrior :)

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_the_Aztec_Empire - Read that. It’ll most of what you need to know. Yes it’s wikipedia, but it’s actually quite informative and you can always cross check their sources.

http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/theconquest/a/09armsconquest.htm - Again, Check their sources. It’ll tell you what you need to know :).