Join duel server - feint against a sore loser - get kicked

• The title pretty much describes what happens if you feint nowadays, i realize that most people hate it, but why should they be able to kick me for doing it? Should we kick people in counter strike when we get shot through a wooden door and killed in one shot with awp?

Its a part of the game and i´ve gotten so used to utilizing it that it becomes somewhat of an involuntary action.

Also, the clan member that kicked me was in a clan called “der”, one of those “chivalry is serious business” clans.

Its been a while since i actually got mad at getting kicked from a server for simply playing the game. I never say a word in the chat even though people taunt me and complain about the way i play, people complain about just about everything i do. I throw an axe in someones face and they initiate a vote, i feint and kill them and they initiate a vote, i get a great score and people initiate a vote.

I don´t expect anyone will do anything about this complaint, but i just want to see what you guys think.

• Did the server “rules” explicitly state no feinting?

• How do i see server rules? It didnt say so in the server title at least, its that french custom server that usually uses the map “oasis”.

• Never been kicked or seen anyone else kicked from there for feinting. Though I only feint when the opponent asks me to or feints me first. Perhaps you did something else on top of that, like trash talking?

• @Kreittis:

(…)Perhaps you did something else on top of that, like trash talking?

Consider reading the OP before replying.

I’ll help you:

I never say a word in the chat even though people taunt me and complain about the way i play, people complain about just about everything i do. I throw an axe in someones face and they initiate a vote, i feint and kill them and they initiate a vote, i get a great score and people initiate a vote.

• I guess it really depends on the server. Or actually, the sore losers playing on that server.

In US people feint the crap out of each other while in EU people are GENERALLY(can’t stress that enough) against feints. Which I can somewhat relate to; without turning this into ‘another feinting thread’ I do believe that some weapons(polearms or spears in particular) make this mechanic a tad unbalanced.

I tend to feint as little as I can but am okay with someone else doing it against me in a TO match or something. When you have a nice and epic duel versus someone and right when you thought this was a honourable duel he suddenly pulls off a cheap feint to win, well… that’s a whole different scenario.

• I don’t usually feint, but if someone starts complaining about feints, then I feint the ***** out of that person.

• Most of the good players left with “the patch.” Most of the new rank 40s and 50s are just bad scrubs who see feinting as some sort of taboo thing. I miss the good players. It’s not wrong to feint OP.

• @Rickvs:

In US people feint the crap out of each other while in EU people are GENERALLY(can’t stress that enough) against feints.

WHAT?! This can’t be more backwards. The only people I’ve seen in EU complain about feints are some very new and really quite unskilled clans that also complain about things like no third person in scrims.

• Well, I’ve heard that the guys in the Der clan are just a bunch of French trolls and assholes. Sorry you had to run into them.

It’s really pathetic here in NA with feints. I went into Interitus Duels the other day, and someone from a new clan got mad and tried to kick me because I killed him, with a feint, in a duel. He claimed I spammed them (I only used 1) and that I was a reverse OH exploiter. Luckily I had some friends in the server to vote no for the kick, but it almost went through.

It’s just as SOC said, a bunch of new players who think feinting is some kind of taboo.

• Then I guess it’s not exactly the other way around, but more or less the same. Whichever server you join you’ll get flamed for feinting, no matter which region.

OP, just say you played the game since release and won’t stand for it.

• I get crap all the time even from “high” level clannies. You are the worst level 53 ever because you feint. While I dont do it that often as to not be predictable, I see these same asshats triple feinting brani and double feinting all the noob spam swords. Just cracks me up. Like slowing down swings to the point of altering time and space is an entended game mechanic. Manipulation is one thing but exploiting it while looking back and doing a crouching 360 spin is completely another. Yet that is considered a l33t skill while playing in 3rd person is laughable.

But I mostly get kicked from FAA after winning a few rounds back to back from the noobs who think I am hacking. Bwahahaha. Time to find another server……

• @Retsnom:

I get crap all the time even from “high” level clannies. You are the worst level 53 ever because you feint. While I dont do it that often as to not be predictable, I see these same asshats triple feinting brani and double feinting all the noob spam swords.

Can’t take a clan seriously if it’s players are whining about feints.

• While feintint in euro/uk servers seems unpopular… I always remind people that it’s even taught in the tutorial :P

• i have been getting votekicked ever since the release of this game for being good

its just a new form of cancer that developed with the newer gaming generations - mostly people who only play for unlocks and are casual inbreds that dont like being stomped or some scrubs thinking they are way better then they really are who cant accept a loss

• I’ve always noticed since closed beta that the very brand new noobs often appreciate feinting and even say “nice feint” or praise you for it when you kill them with it. You know, 'cause they just played the tutorial and understand it’s a part of the game that has counter play. It’s those luke warm scrubs who are in between the noob and bad status who whine about feints.

• Just got kicked off the same server a few minutes ago, score was 7-0 and i feinted against some guy called “Puma” and he kicked me immediately after i feinted against him and sliced his head off saying in the chat “ping”, my ping wasnt even that high, it was just a cheap excuse because he was pissed off.

55% voted yes btw, im guessing the majority of whom i feinted against. I´m getting kind of sick of the high ranked community, most of them can´t stand losing in a duel when they are spinning in circles dragging their sword around doing endless combos, i´m not raging or anything, i just wish the voting system was different, theres too much power in simply making a box flash in the corner and then lying in the chat about the reason to kick and everyone just assumes hes right and they press insert.

In counter strike you have to actually write “!votekick” to kick a player and at least that requires some tiny effort.

• I’m not for changing the way votes are cast, but I am for MORE info in the vote kick window, NOT INCREASING THE SIZE, just jam a bit more pertinent information in there please! (ie. amount of tk dmg, % is great, but not sufficient imho) another thing could be average ping, if the game records that. Also the person who is initiating the kick , if you could fit it, sometimes hard to see in the chat window. Again, don’t increase the size of the window.

• I’m not for changing the way votes are cast

Well then your opinion is irrelevant because you know, people with downs syndrome aren´t allowed to vote, likewise the opinions of idiots are to be disregarded.

• i love joining pubs with my clan and kicking anyone who doesnt submit to our demands xD