Problem with the Chivalry Game Launcher

• Tech Support,

Yesterday the game started up and ran fine, but today I am getting the following error:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Trokthar/chiverror.png

Steam continues to think that I am playing the game, though it never truly started, and the Chivlauncher.exe process is still running after this error message comes up. Please advise. I checked a similar thread and followed the link to download the Visual C++ redistributable for 2012, but that did not fix my issue.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

• Per the pinned topic at the top of this section, here is my DXDiag txt file.

My ‘Launch’ file is blank and I have none that would reflect the issue to attach here.

• Try renaming the following directory and restarting the launcher:

C:\Users#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\CDWLauncher

You might have to reverify the game cache again after this too.
    (If the error stays the same, you can rename it back)

• Hey, that worked! Thank you. I did not have to verify the game cache. I just renamed that folder and started the game.

Is it ok to delete the renamed folder?

• sure is :)

• Ok you can bypass the chiv launcher by going to C:/……Steam/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries/WIN32 or WIN64/UDK.exe

Goto that folder and choose the 32bit or 64bit version and make a short cut and paste it to your desktop and wahlaa! You can do the same with Deadleist Warror and the SDK editor as well.