More bugs with each patch: ENOUGH!

• I’ll just post some examples of the bugs accumulating since… well since the biginning, from my personnal experience and the TONS of reports on the steam forum and this one.
    Map elements going completely black, or lacking (stairs in Dining Hall), invisible obstacles; FPS getting lower and lower with time, even when I upgrade my machine; game crashing when browsing servers, when removing one from favorites, or getting stuck on the loading screen (personnaly can’t play more than 3 server in a row without that); game asking for steam workshop downloads when there’s none (and thus often crashing again), lags spikes even when no ping is over 30; and so on… Not mentionning the ranking system problems and all the other bugs CONSTANTLY reported by the community
    I’m not the raging kind, really not, but I haven’t had that many CTDs since star wars episode I on PC. It just makes me sad to see such a good game getting WORSE with every patch. And I don’t understand WHY. So why, Torn Banner? Why focus on paid helmets rather than all the bugs your fan base is eager to see fixed? Many felt insulted by this update, because nothing was fixed and money was asked, it is very understandable. I myself is starting to regret my purchase, seeing the amount of frustration its generating not particulary in me, but in the whole community.
    So please Torn Banner, I do’nt know what is the problem, but hire some decent coders AND FIX THE GODDAMN THING!

• google ‘‘paragraphs’’

• @Pungvarg:

google ‘‘paragraphs’’

Maybe the forum turned it into a giant pile of characters. Happens to me all the time.

Even the forums are getting worse and worse, I remembered when I joined back in June and everything had some sort of beige design with the typical battlegrounds artwork that is now still the pre-launch loading screen. THAT was a decent forum.

• I haven’t experienced anything mentioned above.

• I see a lot of the black textures, too. Especially on Dining Hall. Some patches fix it, then the next one breaks it again.

You’re preaching to the choir though, OP. We’ve all been saying this for a year now.

• Ranks is the only thing that’s been broken for a year.

• @lemonater47:

Ranks is the only thing that’s been broken for a year.

Who are you talking to? What is the context? Are you lemonator74?

• @gregcau:

Who are you talking to? What is the context? Are you lemonator74?

You really gotta stop derailing threads. I know you love me but lets keep it to ourselves.

• @lemonater47:

I haven’t experienced anything mentioned above.

Join a duel server. Play in the dining hall and look for the stairs in the center room/look at the statues. Play in the moor and look at the trees. Play in the mine and look at the rocks.

Then you can say you’ve seen at least one.

You’ve at least seen the slew of level 5’s, which indicates rank bug…

• I don’t get the texture issues. But yeah I know there’s the rank bug I mentioned it above. Ranks and unlocks needs to be their main focus for now.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t get the texture issues. But yeah I know there’s the rank bug I mentioned it above. Ranks and unlocks needs to be their main focus for now.

Oh, it’s a Nvidia thing, right?

Well, are the stairs at least missing for you in the dining hall? That can’t be a texture thing, right?

• It’s a shame really. So many fresh new players who started playing. I’m always more than happy to give advice to those who seek it, and offer tips. I tend to take it easier on new players to try to make it enjoyable. There’s nothing you can do to help them unlock weapons and rank up though when the games broken, and unfortunately this game has lost a lot of players due to this.

• In all seriousness, and I say this seriously (serious business)… Torn Banana SHOULD stop updating their game. Every time they touch this title it gets a bit dumber and more tedious to play.

I really do agree with the OP. Just stop. Please. Let us enjoy what butchered game we have left.

• If you look at the requirements they demand if one seeks to send a job application to Torn Banner, you’d almost think they are some serious professional game developers, but after one year experience with Torn Banner and their beloved patches, you’d think their Trademark is to Break more than they fix for each patch, I don’t know anymore. Perhaps it would just be best if they get new people to work with them, or just start working on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2 if that will ever come, and then maybe they will be better off then, but we’ll just have to sit back, wait and see what happends.

• They’re in a sticky situation really. If they stop trying to fix the bugs, it makes them look like slack developers, but when they do fix the bugs it causes new bugs also causing them to look like they’re not doing their job properly. I don’t know how coding works and all the rest, it’s not easy so I have no place to say whether it’s their fault or a fault in the UDK engine. If they can’t fix the issues and bail on the game though, I honestly can’t see anybody supporting Chivalry 2…