So are vanguards for real

• Devs tell me they can attack enormous distances fine.

But is this by design or a bug?

I dont really care either way just want to know what to expect

• Wait what? Did a dev say that the current Vanguard charge is working as intended?

If yes then they are full of shit.

If no then why haven’t they fucking fixed it yet?

• Obviously a feature.

• It didn’t show up as a new feature in any patch note. Obviously a bug. Maybe they are trying to look like they didn’t neglect this game-breaking glitch…

• My original post was drunk. For the sober post. Um wtf vanguard charge.

• Charge attack is not working as intended because it can’t go through walls yet. It needs to be more bugged before Torn Banner is happy with it.

• I serioulsy had this great idea to remove the charge attack and replace it with a “chargeable” swing instead. Would be way more usefull, balancable and fun.

• Who needs heavy Javelins when you have a vanguard charge.

• @lemonater47:

Who needs heavy Javelins when you have a vanguard charge.

Archers.

/10

• @Flippy:

Archers.

/10

They should just throw vanguards.

• The sprint attack is just a bad idea. 3 noobs charge at you at the same time: the first stuns you, and the other 2 kill you. No matter how good you are, you can’t do anything about it. Not to mention how much TK it causes.
    I suggest removing the stun and making it locked until level 30 (when most people start to realize it’s not cool to charge at teammates).

• @MissingNo:

The sprint attack is just a bad idea. 3 noobs charge at you at the same time: the first stuns you, and the other 2 kill you. No matter how good you are, you can’t do anything about it. Not to mention how much TK it causes.
    I suggest removing the stun and making it locked until level 30 (when most people start to realize it’s not cool to charge at teammates).

I agree that it’s annoying when that happens, it just happens so rarely when charge attack wasn’t bugged that I don’t think it’s a big deal. I don’t think charge attacks are the answer to balancing vanguards either, but all of the suggestions I’ve heard suck for it. I think it was intended to be the answer to highly defensive shield camp strategies, but then they made fire pots so they kinda’ just left vanguard as it was.

• Even more annoying when your opponent attacks and you block it, then they start a charge as soon as you riposte.

• I’m not sure if this is new, but we were doing some PUGs the other day and I found it out for myself.

If you charge up your vanguard charge and do an overhead attack, stab, or kick (any strike or movement that isn’t pressing LMB to charge) and continue to hold sprint and move for about 2 more stebs and LMB you will charge right after. So you can continue to run around and attack, and even make the VG charge the third hit in your combo now so long as you hold sprint and W the whole time you’re doing stuff.

Kinda ridiculous and silly. That CAN’T be intended…

EDIT: Might be what Xylvion is saying above me?

• Broken. Probably won’t ever be fixed.