Laptop with windows 8 > going to windows 7

• Hey guys,
    I got my parents a Laptop (basic one just for internet, mail use etc) but it only came with windows 8

I was able to install windows 7 layout start menu to make it easier but its still gives problems

So i thought I would look into installing windows 7

I found out I need to go into bios & disable the lock boot/operation system as that would force only windows 8
    Problem is I can’t find window 7 drivers - I won’t be able to start the install until I can work out:

Silly question - can I install windows 8 drivers onto windows 7 or it would just error out?
    I guess I could try work out how to get network drivers installed & then try a 3rd party tool to update drivers as alternative

Thanks
    ~Hen

• You need to do a dual boot and create seperate partitions for each OS then when you boot choose which OS you want to boot too

• Just go to the manufacturer’s website to get Windows 7 drivers

• @BillDoor:

Just go to the manufacturer’s website to get Windows 7 drivers

Exactly. You should not need to download network drivers, the card should work fine out of the box with Windows 7. Then mostly it is your display drivers and any other devices.

• The Golden rule here is - If its not broken don’t fix it. Windows 8 is quite ok tbh. Get that power shell vgood with w8

• Windows 8 is okay for tablets, basic internet, etc. Not for gaming on my experience though.

• @Jusey1:

Windows 8 is okay for tablets, basic internet, etc. Not for gaming on my experience though.

Actually My other rig is a QX9650 with windows 8, 64bit pro and sli gtx580’s. It is better then Windows 7 ultimate 64bit ( slightly ). It is a good os my only gripe is that start up screen full of apps and other stuff.
    It has been running chivalry quite ok from day 1 though.
    Unlike my xp box which died off recently.