Alright, it's been a year and a half.

• Can we fix the damn buckler?

• Sorry, we’re focusing on more hats.

• What’s wrong with it?

• @dudeface:

What’s wrong with it?

I hope that’s sarcasm >.<

If not, the hitbox doesn’t represent or match up to the visible surface, at least not on the Knight.

• Show me a single hitbox that matches up to the visible surface. ^___^

• The good news is, DW’s buckler (with Vikings) works incredibly well from what I’ve tested (Rank 20+ with every class, dual Norse sword buckler Viking being one of my favorites). The bad news is, Torn Banner can’t patch anything without breaking it more so it’s not like they can just carry it over any time soon.

• @dudeface:

Show me a single hitbox that matches up to the visible surface. ^___^

Hahahaha, true.

The buckfuck is noticeably off to one side though, which is why people notice it more. Play with a Kite and Broad and then Buck and Broad. You’ll see the difference. The buck has a much higher affinity to let weapons “phase” through its surface than does any other shield.

• I’ve been seeing some obvious stabs through shields lately to the point that I’m beginning to think they’re all a bit broken. I only really use a shield in clan fights, though.

I wish I was recording a video the other day. I literally saw a great sword phase directly through my tower shield and hit me. It was a direct stab, and I had had my shield raised for some time. It’s so jarring to see the blade suddenly poke through :). Some of the other ones were a bit iffy, but I know I at least saw this one to make me a bigger believer in the shield issues.

• Anyone else get the bug where your shield will hold in a blocking position even after you release the block? It’s pretty annoying.

• I keep tell you all that the problem is with the parry system and that the shields are nothing more than a holdable parry. The hit box for the shields are only for projectiles. There is no parry window attached to any shield. Thus all the swings getting through shields are the exact same reasons so many parrys fail. Also, what I have been bitching about.

The problem lies in the one size fits all, invisible floating parry widow. The only real advantage to the shields are against projectiles and that you know when the parry window is activated because the animations are fairly accurate in raising to activation. But sadly an activated parry window still does not tell you exactly how big that window is because it is not based in the acutal size of the shield.

• @Retsnom:

I keep tell you all that the problem is with the parry system and that the shields are nothing more than a holdable parry. The hit box for the shields are only for projectiles. There is no parry window attached to any shield. Thus all the swings getting through shields are the exact same reasons so many parrys fail. Also, what I have been bitching about.

The problem lies in the one size fits all, invisible floating parry widow. The only real advantage to the shields are against projectiles and that you know when the parry window is activated because the animations are fairly accurate in raising to activation. But sadly an activated parry window still does not tell you exactly how big that window is because it is not based in the acutal size of the shield.

Indeed. A good many problems with shields could be solved by reworking the parry system and actually implementing something close to an actual “shield” of space when using one.

However, based on the parry system or not, the buckler is “off” of its visual representation. The actual parry window/space does not currently line up with the visual display of the shield.

• @H:

Indeed. A good many problems with shields could be solved by reworking the parry system and actually implementing something close to an actual “shield” of space when using one.

However, based on the parry system or not, the buckler is “off” of its visual representation. The actual parry window/space does not currently line up with the visual display of the shield.

All of them are off because the Parry window is centered on the players torso if you are standing still.and not the actual shield location which is off center to the left. If you are moving forward and strafing, the parry window moves 45 degrees to the strafing direction till you twist to parry in which some cases it will snap back to where it should be.

This is why I have argued to attach the parry window to the actual weapons and shields themselves and to make them relative the the size of the weapon and shield instead of the arbitrary floatie thingie. Another addition to adding these to the weapons is that weapons could actually deflect projectiles. How cool would that be?

• Its almost as though these good, logical ideas will actually be listened to and someone over at Torn Ballsack studios will implement it sometime within the next decade.

• @H:

Hahahaha, true.

The buckfuck is noticeably off to one side though, which is why people notice it more. Play with a Kite and Broad and then Buck and Broad. You’ll see the difference. The buck has a much higher affinity to let weapons “phase” through its surface than does any other shield.

We should probably mention that it’s only the buckler with flail that has this issue. The buckler with secondaries seems to work like the other shields.

• You can turn on tracers for weapons. I don’t suppose there is actually a way to turn it on for parry and block?

• @Retsnom:

Another addition to adding these to the weapons is that weapons could actually deflect projectiles. How cool would that be?

You mean like in DW? One of the best feelings in DW was the ability to deflect projectiles with weapons :D

• @RavnosCC:

You mean like in DW? One of the best feelings in DW was the ability to deflect projectiles with weapons :D

I think that only applies for ninja stars though. You can’t block arrows or Viking throws.

• You sure about that? I seem to remember deflecting/parrying viking (thrown) axes and shields, although it’s been months since I played DW…

• @RavnosCC:

You sure about that? I seem to remember deflecting/parrying viking (thrown) axes and shields, although it’s been months since I played DW…

I think he means in terms of the absurdity of blocking a viking throw. It’s entirely guess work (minus the shield toss) because the viking determines when he will throw the weapon, and he’ll just wait for you to burn your parry before tossing. Half the time when the throw does happen, you can’t even see the weapon / projectile in flight because of lag / generally buggy animation.

• Yea, I’m not saying it’s reliable, but it is possible and when you do it, it’s pretty sweet. And I wish that capability was in CMW :D