Do i have to pay for little downloads for entering server

• As the topic says:

When i try to connect to a server to play sometimes there is following information:

You have to download … to join the server. I can confirm or deny it. Do i have to pay for it?:apthy:

2, Even when i deny it, i can connect to play online. Why?:lemo:

Thank you for any answers and clarification.

LC

• So he servers that you mention are probably a different colour to the normal server text. These servers are modded with either community-made maps, game-modes, different game mechanics from the vanilla game. No you don’t have to pay. Modded servers are pretty fun if you’re tired or regular chiv. There is a magic mod, one that reverts the game to an earlier release state, a couple of cool modes to play and a bunch of gorgeous maps. Give them a shot.

• The mods are completely free, the only stuff you have to pay extra for are the helmets and Deadliest Warrior.

• You can check out the different mods/maps in the Workshop if you are interested in seeing what you’d be joining: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=219640&browsesort=trend

• I have seen a bug a number of times where you connect to a regular server and it prompts you to download, you cancel and it lets you on - and it is normal server and maps

• @gregcau:

I have seen a bug a number of times where you connect to a regular server and it prompts you to download, you cancel and it lets you on - and it is normal server and maps

Not sure why it does that with regular servers. That’s weird. If you ever downloaded workshop maps from the very beginning, then that could be it. But… that also doesn’t make sense, so never mind :D

• @gregcau:

I have seen a bug a number of times where you connect to a regular server and it prompts you to download, you cancel and it lets you on - and it is normal server and maps

Yeah, I get that too sometimes. Joining official servers and they want me to download something. I cancel the download and I join the game anyway.

• It might also be if he starts the launcher and try to launch a game when there are steam workshop files still syncing to check they are up to date, rather than when joining a server specifically