STOP Vanguard sliding after charge attack.

• This is so nonsense, a vanguard can sprint at you, leap the length of several football fields, and then ontop of that crazy range and hitbox, when they land they can still move in any direction, except there’s no animation for this, they just slide, and their hitbox alters with it, making them much harder to hit and making it much easier for them to hit you.

I propose reality kicks in - Make it so that if a vanguard does a charge attack - any charge attack, where they land is where they land. No movement until after the animation finishes. This would make being killed by charge attacks much less frustrating. Currently your options when a Vanguard charges you is to get out of the target area which leaves you wide open for an overhead or swing attack, or to block it and lose X amount of stamina, which also leaves you wide open.

Currently there’s no accurate way to judge the distance Vanguards will charge and thus be able to hit you. If they landed in one spot and stayed there till the animation completed it would make it easier to dodge out the way then lunge back in for a quick stab or swing. I feel this is the way the designers intended the charge attack by Vanguard - it’s a risky attack with a huge payoff. Thus the risk element should be re-introduced.

• @RockandGrohl:

Currently there’s no accurate way to judge the distance Vanguards will charge

That is the big issue, very frustrating as a javelineer. Sometimes they travel half the distance I can throw a javelin. Other times not so much.

• Along with that broken mechanic I think the vanguard lunge for swords with its easy and full 180 swing is retarded while the polearms are stuck with the very hard to land lunge stab that fails to produce a one hit even from behind. I think if the swords were switched to lunge stabs that are harder to land, that would quiet much of the lunge whining once the distance and sliding issues are resolved. Otherwise just remove the mechanic and do a very minor buff to some of the attacks to make up the difference.

• I agree,
    Or just make the charge attack a ‘charged attack’ where the windup is done and ready to go but without the leap.

Still, i do enjoy leap attacks, but i’m often using polearms instead of swords and it shits me know end that i score more kills with sword leap attack than i do with polearm leap attack hits……number of times i’ve hit someone in the face with polehammer leap…

• Charge attacks should be reworked. Hovering, flying, sliding and insane air control - nothing the charge should have. Also charging them while running in narrow circles should not be possible.

Why not make it a short powerful leap attack that needs you to sprint in a certain direction to charge up. As in: A real charge attack.

• I agree,

I think a fixed turn rate while moving at “charging speed” would be a good idea also. If the turn rate is fixed at that time then people won’t be able to get around the turn rate cap.

• I couldn’t agree more.

But then, I don’t know guys, I thought the random charging distance was totally a feature.

• I’m still clueless as to why there’s not a hotfix for this and the rank/unlock system yet.

• @Xylvion:

I’m still clueless as to why there’s not a hotfix for this and the rank/unlock system yet.

There will be, but it won’t fix the problem and instead they’ll just just make MaAs dodge further than vanguard charge attacks.

• @SOC:

There will be, but it won’t fix the problem and instead they’ll just just make MaAs dodge further than vanguard charge attacks.

Return of the super-jump? Get to work TB.

• @LTTLWLF:

Return of the super-jump? Get to work TB.

It’ll go further, faster, and have reverse gravity.

• With the way the game works at the moment, the Vanguard shouldn’t have any special ability.

They have the longest and most powerful melee weapons in the game, which can take advantage of the bubble like no other class’s arsenal.

• I’m glad to see that the outcome of this thread is unanimous support against the Vanguards ridiculous ability.

It’s weird that vanguards with polearms or spears can charge lunge normally, but with the sword they fly across the map.