Does anyone even enjoy dueling MAAs?

• I main knight and hate chasing them down and every duel is more an annoyance than fun.

Maa mains - do you even enjoy dueling other maas?

Just give me my forward chase mechanic back please

• I’m an MaA main. No, I don’t enjoy dueling them.

• Yes. If you assume that every MaA IS going to win (and they SHOULD win) then it’s really good fun when you actually get them.

• maa takes the most skill to play as

• An maa with about the same skill as me will most likely win against me. So most of the time it’s frustrating because most are even much better than me. But sometimes it gets funny.
    I nearly laughed my ass off when an maa dodged INTO my blade for the first time… And… they’re doing that pretty often lately. And usually a chat massage will pop up: “Shit, wrong button” :D It’s funny :D

• I do because I’m playing maa myself.

• it has been my experience that i will beat a good MAA only when he makes more mistakes than i do as knight. a newer MAA player is not as hard to beat. I do recall kicking one into a corner and stabbing him right in the head.

• I play Knight and MaA. As crazy as it sounds I prefer to fight MaAs as a knight. I don’t know why but I freak out when I’m a MaA and tend to fumble when fighting other MaAs. As a knight I go into super-defence mode and play super patiently and wait for and then punish any mistakes. The knight jump kick also helps to corner the blighters. When you actually beat them 1 vs 1 with the slower class you feel pretty good.

• @NabsterHax:

Yes. If you assume that every MaA IS going to win (and they SHOULD win) then it’s really good fun when you actually get them.

Um why exactly? Is it because they are a little unbalanced specially if a level 5 can take out a level 40+ so much for skills.

• @KevLar:

I main knight and hate chasing them down and every duel is more an annoyance than fun.

Maa mains - do you even enjoy dueling other maas?

Just give me my forward chase mechanic back please

I play MAA & VG alot, the only MAA’s that can beat me on either class are worth lots of respect, so, every loss is a good match. Rolling 10-0 through EZmoders isn’t that appealling anymore. Unless I do something stupid (which I usually find amusing anyway) I never really die to anyone who isn’t pretty good.

TLDR;
    Every match that is a hard win or a loss is an enjoyable match IMO, irrespective of classes.

• Archers are anti-fun. MaAs are anti-fun. Vanguard knock back/stamina drain is anti-fun. I never enjoy playing as or playing against MaAs, MaAs are more “tanky” than knights because it takes so long to kill them.

• I use exotic weapons so that tends to even the playing field between me and MaA more often then not. Depending on the player i’ll have to switch to another loadout if they’re particularly effective against a given weapon. More often then not exotic weapons give me the edge i need :)
    eg battle axe or warhammer are often good; even polehammer, but sometimes some particular players are just good against one or another weapon. Sometimes all that is required is a switch to the poleaxe or 1h longsword with no shield.

• MAAs are a lot easier than prepatch, at least they can’t attack during dodge anymore.

• @Xylvion:

MAAs are a lot easier than prepatch, at least they can’t attack during dodge anymore.

MaA is stronger now than pre-patch.

• @Chimpanzer:

MaA is stronger now than pre-patch.

^

A thousand times this.

• @Retsnom:

Um why exactly? Is it because they are a little unbalanced specially if a level 5 can take out a level 40+ so much for skills.

You get this wrong. MAA is not unbalanced. The classes just aren’t balanced for duel. They are balanced for TO. And most of the MAA I see are pretty screwed when they are flanked. Actually, I’ve never seen an MAA surviving a flanked situation without help.

• uhh maa take more skill to play as than any other class u actually have to dodge and stuff xD

• @Peter:

You get this wrong. MAA is not unbalanced. The classes just aren’t balanced for duel. They are balanced for TO. And most of the MAA I see are pretty screwed when they are flanked. Actually, I’ve never seen an MAA surviving a flanked situation without help.

The 1 v 1 balance influences the TO balance. They are not two seperate entities that have nothing to do with each other.

In a TO there has to be atleast one person focusing the MAA. With focusing I mean just creating a sort of area of denial or meatshield so they won’t go back stabbing your team mates. You cannot do anything but pretty much wait for them to get in and hopefully make a mistake.

Besides its not “1 v 1” balance that we’re talking about, its the ability to go create so much distance, use it to their offensive advantage and regen that stamina that makes them so annoying to fight against.

There is not much you can do.

You feint(you lose stamina) or you attack and miss( loss of stamina), they dodge backwards and can easily get back in range to pull of those nasty stabs/overheads that most likely go through your parry or they’ll just feint you and since you can’t read 1H feints up close you’re best bet is to guess.

Even if you guess they still can either parry or back dodge and the whole process repeats itself.

• Meh, I enjoy dueling all the classes.

The only person I hate dueling is Kwazi…fucking Kwazi.

• Fighting MaA as MaA is the most intense thing in the game. Really fun if you have 2 pretty evenly matched players. Vanguard with a slowish release weapon is probably the best against a dodgy MaA. Swing is easily still active when bad MaAs try to do their typical dodge back and attack routine. Alt slash is your best friend against side dodge MaAs.

In TO, I find that a team of MaAs usually just get peed on against a team of knights and vanguards, especially on sections of TO with very singular objectives and lots of big brawls.