Console Versions Thread

• I had one of these up but it is long gone so gonna just create a new one…

Basically… Have “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” on the consoles (Xbox 360/Xbox One and PS3/PS4) for those of us who cannot play it on the computer or prefer to play games on a console. Or for those, like me, who cannot afford a good enough computer for the game. (Note: I own a Xbox 360 and cannot afford a new PC or one of the new consoles).

Anybody else thinks so or do you think I’m a pathetic buffoon for wanting this and that the game should be PC only cause “PC master race”? (Joking).

• pc master raec 4 lyfe

• Too bad too sad.

It takes way too much time and work making ports, and there’s no demand for it. The game got 1.2 million sales just on PC alone, that’s enough.

The game plays very poorly on a controller anyway. You would get frustrated and quit before you were even able to get past the rank bug. Plus porting to console would just create new bugs that TB would never fix.

• The amount of bugs that would be on a console version…

• It is quite clear that most complex games have to be dumbed down for consoles. The best example of making a game worse so it can be played on console was AVP. They removed half the weapons and abilities from the better previous version AVP2 cira 2008. But hey it looked prettier…. The same would be true here. While a few people play with console cotrollers, I have yeet to see any advantage to them.

• While I would definitely love to have the game available on console, I really doubt Torn Banner has the technical skills to pull that off, being a small company. In addition, indie games will never be in huge demand on consoles. For a small game, 1 million copies on Steam is pretty damn impressive, but I suspect Chivalry would have very little of that success on console.

• @Jusey1:

I had one of these up but it is long gone so gonna just create a new one…

Basically… Have “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” on the consoles (Xbox 360/Xbox One and PS3/PS4) for those of us who cannot play it on the computer or prefer to play games on a console. Or for those, like me, who cannot afford a good enough computer for the game. (Note: I own a Xbox 360 and cannot afford a new PC or one of the new consoles).

Anybody else thinks so or do you think I’m a pathetic buffoon for wanting this and that the game should be PC only cause “PC master race”? (Joking).

A very good idea lets take this bug free game to the Action-Max a very good console right up tibbys street at the rubbish tip.
    http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/action-max-system.jpg

• previous deadliest warrior were on consoles, this game is not the epitimy of graphic quality so its not going to get a graphic nerf. Introducing this game to consoles would bring about a great deal of revenue, which would likely be a nice fountain for new content\patches.

DW is already on consoles?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadliest-Warrior-Ancient-Combat-XBOX-360-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-Video-Game-/151216811593?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2335396e49

• @loin:

bug free game

There is no such thing as a “bug free game”.

Every single video game has some sort of glitch or bug no matter what…

@ Retsnom: They might remove some things, yes but eventually add them back if the console version does get enough attention. Still worth doing in my book though.

@ SOC: Every video games has bugs… It will be no different from any other. Heck, one of my favorite games to play has a crap-ton of bugs on all platforms and I still have a crap-ton of fun on it.

@ Flippy: “No demand for it?” Oh so I’m not a demand for it then (Plus the many others that want Chivalry on the consoles)? And I can see the game playing nicely on controllers anyways.

@ Mockingbirch: They can probably do it and I believe Chivalry will have success on consoles due to two reasons… Console players and steam haters.

• Firstly you might need Watcom C coders or what ever they use now days. Could you imagine how many joy pads would be
    put thrown at the walls? stuffed in microwaves? Just get a console emulator and play it on the pc. :)

• Having played chivalry with a peasantbox controller, I can say that there is no way in hell this game would work at as high a level as it does on PC. Turning/looking is ridiculously slow and unwieldy, you just can’t keep up with the speed of the game, especially when you throw advanced mechanics into the mix. Sure they might change it so that the controller can keep pace with a mouse, but it still wouldn’t allow for the same level of precision and manipulation.

• @LTTLWLF:

Having played chivalry with a peasantbox controller, I can say that there is no way in hell this game would work at as high a level as it does on PC. Turning/looking is ridiculously slow and unwieldy, you just can’t keep up with the speed of the game, especially when you throw advanced mechanics into the mix. Sure they might change it so that the controller can keep pace with a mouse, but it still wouldn’t allow for the same level of precision and manipulation.

Actually I have a ps2 some were and I used to play Red faction 2, UT2004 plus doom ( doom on ps1 also with a ps1 mouse ) the keyboard and mouse works on some fps games a real treat tbh if pc is down or offline etc.

• Seems like the game will finally be released for Xbox 360 and PS3… (Even though I have the PC version now, I’m still gonna get the X360 version too).

• Wait so you made an account when the game was released and even started a brony thread here without actually owning the game first? October 2012?

• @lemonater47:

Wait so you made an account when the game was released and even started a brony thread here without actually owning the game first? October 2012?

The brony thread I made later but yes… I’ve watched a video of Chivalry before it’s release and then found these forums (technically, the old forums). I’ve been supporting a console release of this game since the beginning as I don’t like Steam that much (and still don’t like it, even now that I am using it. In the past, I couldn’t due to dial-up being a slow connection).

And even though I have this game on PC already, I’m still planning to get it for the X360 because I like to play both PC and console games. Heck, I have Minecraft on both and Halo on both.

• I think the console copy will do incredibly well for one reason: Swords. This game is highly reminsicent of a medieval Call of Duty, and the second 16 year olds see the advertisement for this game, they are going to want it. It will just be whether or not mommy relinquishes her credit card.

• Mod

It’s not gonna have splitscreen.

• Any gameplay videos up yet of the console version? I want this Wednesday but I’d like to make sure it’s technically sound before purchase.

• @Frankie:

Any gameplay videos up yet of the console version? I want this Wednesday but I’d like to make sure it’s technically sound before purchase.

^ BWAHAHAAHA TECHNICALLY SOUND…… hahaha hehehe

• @Frankie:

Any gameplay videos up yet of the console version? I want this Wednesday but I’d like to make sure it’s technically sound before purchase.

If the base PC version is anything but sound, I have little hope for the console ports. Although you might experience less bullshit if consoles can’t push the limits of the game quite as hard.