[Signups] ĶأĻă NA 2v2 Tournament

• Hello competitive, or soon to be competitive players! ĶأĻă is hosting a 2v2 duel tournament.
    One of the most important aspects of competitive play, be it during Tournaments or scrimmaging, is teamwork. This tournament is designed with that essential aspect in mind.

Information:

http://challonge.com/126126126

Begin next Sunday, February 2nd.
    Signups end Friday January 30th

• 2v2 on Moor, LTS game mode.

• 8 teams will compete at once in each server.

• First to 7. After this single set, a team advances, and a team is sent to losers bracket or eliminated.

Rules:

• A tournament admin will be present for each match.
    • Moor is the map. Always.
    • No Archers.
    • No Projectiles. (Duel tournament focus, projectiles take the focus away)
    • 100% friendly fire.
    • First person perspective only.

Other Rules:

• Make liberal use of good sportsmanship. Call "Live!"if you are ready to play,
      call “Not Live!” if you are not ready to play.
    • If your partner’s missing, you may still play your match at the disadvantage,
      and your opponents cannot refuse to play.

kila.game.nfoservers.com:6000 is the server ip. Feel free to play there freely until the day of the tourney.

• Also, sign up with team name & team roster.

http://challonge.com/126126126
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1…it?usp=sharing
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kila2v2

Remember, this is not a clan oriented Tournament. Anyone is welcome to join, and a clan may put any number of teams in.

Team List:

1. Team: The Flippin’ Boners
    Members: Skillz & RAW BONER

2. Team: Flexnards
    Members: Daddyman Fuckpants & Jesse Threebeards

3. Team: Blake and His Adequately Lubricated Gauntlets
    Members: Blake & Gauntlet

4. Team: S&M
    Members: Shack and Mocha
    Clan: DA

5. Team: Wolf Pack
    Members: Mystikkal & Dontuhateme

6. Team: Monk
    Members: Centraiu & Taboo

7. Team: The Milk of Wil11
    Members: Beef M1lk and Wi11
    Clan: ia.

8. Team: Carrot Odus
    Members: Xaleudo & Karasu

9. Team Name: poke poke
    Members: Ion, Dofoo
    Clan: Aesir

10. Team Name: The Slick Chicken
    Members: Chicken, Slick

11. Team name: Just the Tip
    Members: Desyatski Aleks, Vier vonKreuz

12. Team name: SoulShade
    Members: Nightshade, Soulstriker

13. Team name: Best archers NA
    Members: Flotch, Bigs

14. Team: rip in peace
    Members: Stark + Dark

15. Team: The Spook and Omega Show
    Members: Spook, Omega

16. Team name: Cuddle Buddies
    Members: DOLO AND NINJACUB!
    Clan: Dead Faucheur

17. Team name: Coolio Crew
    Members: Woohopy, Tom

• Team Name: S&M
    Players: Mocha, Shack
    Clan: DA

• Mod

ffa game mode

It should be LTS game mode, you normally can’t flinch teammates and in FFA everyone’s an enemy, so if your teammate accidentally hits you it’ll flinch. Also you won’t have the friend markers which can get confusing.

• Well, I spammed the entire comp scene with a link. Your welcome. ^_^

• Ya definitely should be LTS game mode, make sure it’s only 1st person, and best 3 of 5 sounds quite long if a lot of people enter but that remains to be seen. 3 of 5 might be okay if 6 matches are going on at once. Other than that this looks well organized already. Panzer, I choose you!

Edit: Wait is this on superbowl sunday? Might wanna go ahead and change that.

• @Karasu:

1. Ya definitely should be LTS game mode,

2. make sure it’s only 1st person

3. best 3 of 5 sounds quite long if a lot of people enter but that remains to be seen

4. best 3 of 5 might be okay if 6 matches are going on at once.

5. Wait is this on superbowl sunday? Might wanna go ahead and change that.

1. This is true. Seems best to change to LTS.

2. With one of the recent patches, they fixed looking through walls. What are the advantages/imbalances of third person now?
    (Not condescending, not sarcastic, serious question lol)

3. Basically it’s 3-4 rounds of combat. Imho it’s barely enough.

4. Yes.

5. Do people take the entire day for superbowl stuff? I looked it up, and the source said superbowl starts at 6:30 EST. Would the first ~max 32 best ofs take more than 2 hours? I believe that if we start at 2:00pm EST, there’s more than enough time. Maybe enough time for the whole tournament.

@Kim:

It should be LTS game mode, you normally can’t flinch teammates and in FFA everyone’s an enemy, so if your teammate accidentally hits you it’ll flinch. Also you won’t have the friend markers which can get confusing.

Will change. This is true.

@Flippy:

Well, I spammed the entire comp scene with a link. Your welcome. ^_^

Thanks Flippy!

• For 3rd person, it’s not looking through walls that would be a problem since it’s on moor and we’ll all be fighting in the middle. I’m more concerned about being able to see behind you which is a huge advantage in a 2v2 or any team setting. You’re undoubtedly going to upset most competitive players by allowing it as well. There’s really no reason for it.

And if you think you can finish the tournament in 2 hours then holy shit that would be some kind of record. Just start it on Saturday and you might be able to get away with having it on Sunday as well. But ya I would imagine people just wanna watch the game when it comes on.

• @Karasu:

For 3rd person, it’s not looking through walls that would be a problem since it’s on moor and we’ll all be fighting in the middle. I’m more concerned about being able to see behind you which is a huge advantage in a 2v2 or any team setting. You’re undoubtedly going to upset most competitive players by allowing it as well. There’s really no reason for it.

And if you think you can finish the tournament in 2 hours then holy shit that would be some kind of record. Just start it on Saturday and you might be able to get away with having it on Sunday as well. But ya I would imagine people just wanna watch the game when it comes on.

Makes sense. Curious to see what people think, so I added a poll. Will likely lock into 1p, unless there’s an overwhelming majority for 3p.

It’s a duel tournament, six matches going at once. Unless there’s an act of God, I suspect it can go pretty quickly. All things considered, unless there’s some kinda party people need to attend for it, people could tape it, right? wouldn’t take too long past 6:30…

No, we’ll probably call it a day before the superbowl starts.

• @Userper:

Makes sense. Curious to see what people think, so I added a poll. Will likely lock into 1p, unless there’s an overwhelming majority for 3p.

It’s a duel tournament, six matches going at once. Unless there’s an act of God, I suspect it can go pretty quickly. All things considered, unless there’s some kinda party people need to attend for it, people could tape it, right? wouldn’t take too long past 6:30…

No, we’ll probably call it a day before the superbowl starts.

Yup good call making the poll. I’ll spread the word to everyone on my friends list. We were really overdue for a 2v2 tournament.

• Team: Floppy Boners
    Members: Flippy & RAW BONER

• Team: Blake and His Adequately Lubricated Gauntlets
    Members: Blake & Gauntlet

• Team: S&M
    Members: Shack and Mocha

• Team Name: The Milk of Wil11

Members: Beef M1lk and Wi11

Clan: ia

• Doesn’t look like we’re allowing Third Person. Lol.
    Edited OP.

• Team: Wolf Pack

Agree that superbowl sunday is not a good time for this tourney. People have superbowl parties that start before the superbowl starts. Can we do this on Saturday? Or start at 12 est on Sunday? Preferably the first choice.

• @Mystikkal:

Team: Wolf Pack

Agree that superbowl sunday is not a good time for this tourney. People have superbowl parties that start before the superbowl starts. Can we do this on Saturday? Or start at 12 est on Sunday? Preferably the first choice.

I’m all for starting earlier. OMG WOLF PACK SO KEWL. What happened to dragons you filthy casual

• @Mystikkal:

I would have it start a day earlier, but I work most of that day. Noon would be a great start time.

• @Mystikkal:

Team: Wolf Pack

HA! We’ll wipe the floor with you Tempest scrubs :3

• Team: Carrot Odus
    Members: Xaleudo & Karasu