Chivalry Launcher issue

• so before i bought the new deadliest warfare the launcher was running smoothly without any issues but after i bought it and tried launching the game crashed, so i tried re launching it and nothing would happen. so i verified the files and nothing was wrong and i redownloaded it 4 times now. i can lauch medieval warfare by using the udk file. After the update now whenever i launch the game it pops up a message saying that the launcher experienced issues and may continue to run but may act strange. but all that happens is nothing launches and it continues to say that i’m running it on steam.

• can you try renaming C:\Users#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\CDWlauncher

• Thank you so much man i have literally been trying to figure out this problem for weeks now. :)

• BUMP BUMP BUMP This is what I have been Looking for ALLL Weekend!

• @MonkeyFiend:

can you try renaming C:\Users#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\CDWlauncher

I have the same problem as these people I think. Yet what must you do to repair? I’m not quite sure of what to rename?

• @Archista:

I have the same problem as these people I think. Yet what must you do to repair? I’m not quite sure of what to rename?

go to your computer files and search for users, my user is ryan so after i found my user i went into it and just searched appdata\local\CDWlauncher, once you find it just rename it something like CDWlaunche and thats how i fixed it, hope this answers your question

• Thankyou! I confirm it works. I guess that folder is a misleading directory now since the updates.
    It needs to be fixed devs!

• Developer

We’ve just pushed a launcher update that may solve this issue for good: the launcher will automatically check to see if its config file is corrupt; if so, it forcibly regenerates it before continuing. (This happens transparently to the user). I tested it by intentionally corrupting the file so that I got the error message in the normal launcher, then testing the updated launcher, and it continued on like nothing was wrong.