Community Update

• nerf archers and game will be perfect

• In all seriousness…

All of what TB said needs to be fixed I 100% agree with, the list is good.

Flinch needs to get added to the list, consistency of flinch. No more non-flinched attacks especially on lmb swing, can get hit clearly in windup still but swing persists. No more flinch during release! yes i posted videos on this as did others. And fix flinch timings on certain weapons so that they cannot get a 2nd free hit without the ability to parry. Also the old bug is back where when you get hit during recovery you can counter back with an unblockable hit, looks like a ghost swing but it does damage.

Charge attacks FOR SURE need to be fixed, we all know this.

Vanguard - reduce the knockback and stam drain, slow their speed down a bit since they’re right there with man at arms, and sometimes they even seem faster.

I would also reduce the stun time, getting stunned and being able to do nothing for 1.8 seconds is just too long… people need to know when someone is about to get stammed out to get a free hit, they shouldn’t have all day to think about it and still get a free hit.

Maa- Reduce the dodge distance, this way if they dodge backwards they HAVE to parry too while you are countering into them causing more stam drain. This would put more of the reward upon side dodges but make them have to be accurately timed and thought about to get the hit, and not just some easy mode dodge and attack combination. This would also make it so that you don’t necessarily have to reduce stamina, OR even slow down stam drain because it would drain faster by dodging AND having to parry as well. The dodge should be used defensively primarily to get out of the way of attacks, but it shouldn’t negate the need to parry altogether. The footspeed should remain the same, EXCEPT for backpedal speed, backpedal speed on maa needs a reduction in my opinion because you can currently just backpedal in and out of engagements pretty easily, and even kite opponents very well with the current footspeed, and of course you also have dodge and parry as a backup.

Knights- the longsword needs to go back to it’s old damage, as a tank class if it still takes 2 hits to kill a knight, he should be able to take the other classes down in 2 hits or less. Vanguards are the main enemy now with brandistock and polehammers 2 shotting even with 2 lmb hits. The knight’s longsword is a staple weapon and i thouhgt it was perfectly balanced before, why do you think most players used the sword of war instead? it was not overpowered and didn’t need nerfing. THe maul 1 shots are nice and all, could keep that for all classes but other knights, it’s kind of silly. Yes, i like getting 1 headshots too but it’s kind of overpowered and not very hard to do. ALso, i’d say the knight should get either a better armor boost vs. arrows and possibly a TINY TINY TINY increase in footspeed to be closer to the vanguard while keeping the vanguard still faster and have the edge on speed.

Archers- nerf them into the ground. Arrows do too much damage and so do their melee attacks. The melee should be right around daggar damage for most weapons, or for the longer ones model the damage after the saber. The light crossbow reloads way too quicikly to be able to do that much damage and be that accurate even over long distances. Increase the reload time, or at the very least increase the dropoff significantly. What would be nice is to nerf the warbow to longbow, nerf damage of longbow a bit more, keep the shortbow exactly like it is. THEN, the bows will be more for speed hits and flinching, and the crossbows could potentially do a bit more damage with a longer reload time. That’s how it should work anyway realistically. The crossbows could be the ones to penetrate knight armor.

What is a bad idea that i’ve seen posted and why…

Parry to parry, well tibbs i say this because currently it’s easy enough to get parries off in live due to combo/recovery parry. If you make it so taht you can parry one after the other, sure it helps when 2 people are swinging, but what if it’s only 1 person you’re fighting. You could then realistically turn your sword into a shield. If someone did a drag or if a person missed a parry by parrying too soon, the right click could just be spammed to pretty much always block attacks, would be worse than it already is. I just think it’s a bad idea.
    EDIT: ok crushed told me it’s only after parrying that you can parry again… so actually i take that back, this could be a good idea! I’ve been banned off the forums so i only saw the first post on this.

Removal of chase mechanic- sorry dubjay but this is also bad idea. Think of other game modes besides TO like LTS or TDM, it would make trolls pop up everywhere in this game because they would run away from fights. ALso… what keeps them from doing this in duels too? If you were dueling maa vs. knight, he got hit and was weak, you go in for the kill, but he just runs away from you so you cannot catch them, then they go heal whenever they can… nah man bad. Also, vanguards with spears and such could kite endlessly on knights and you wouldn’t be able to get close to them, at least not if current knockback stays.

CFTP is best and was the best and always will be the best. Bring back punishment for swinging out of range, this is how it is in deadliest warrior but there’s no CFTP or recovery parry, that’s why most people think it’s a spammy mess. In dw you basiccally just wait for someone to swing, miss and go in for a strike and combo, then rinse and repeat. It’s bad because there is neither combo/recovery parry NOR CFTP, and that’s why most people that want a skilled game don’t like it, and that’s why it encourages so much spam.

• I think the more we talk about it, the more everyone just wants CFtP back. Some people have said implementing CFtP with PtP, and I tossed the question up, too. But, I think CFtP SHOULD come back regardless. This was the core mechanic that made the game so much deeper. It’s not just an easy tool to cover your mistakes. Yes, it can be used to forgive the mistake you made, but you punish yourself with the massive loss of stamina. Becoming proficient with it is something different, easy to learn, difficult to master. That’s the way it should be.

• I’m going to voice my opinion again. Stick to bug fixes and new content. The game doesn’t need to go and change every few months just for the sake of change. I understand the re-addition of CFtP but that is it. The game has been out for close to a year and a half; the mechanics should be set in stone at this point. Any mechanic/balance ideas should be put into effect with C:MW2 (if it ends up happening).

If the game changes too much, it’s going to be summer 2013 all over again.

• @ScottPickrell:

I’m going to voice my opinion again. Stick to bug fixes and new content.
    If the game changes too much, it’s going to be summer 2013 all over again.

The reason the July patch was bad was because the patch ended up making the game less fun, and then TBS almost totally stopped trying to changes of any type. This does not mean all patches are bad, nor that they should stop updating the game. Pretty much every multiplayer game out there has undergone revision after revision tweaking balance years after release - WoW, starcraft, dota, css, tribes, etc.

Please TBS, don’t be scared to change shit about the game. Change all you want. Just be prepared to admit that you’ve made a mistake and revert the changes if they end up sucking. Also you should introduce the changes slowly so that you alienate as little of your playerbase as possible.

• @Yazuak:

Please TBS, don’t be scared to change shit about the game. Change all you want. Just be prepared to admit that you’ve made a mistake and revert the changes if they end up sucking. Also you should introduce the changes slowly so that you alienate as little of your playerbase as possible.

+1 /10chars

• Good list there. Obviously there are way more problems with this game but this would be a good start at least

• Were is the poll master? Take 10 and stick them in a poll to be voted on. Imo Unlock/rank bug to stabilise the new players, Vans fed kryptonite to make the mortal again with us. The others suggested in some kind of order. The master poll maker is needed. You number 1 to 10 might differ from mine so poll it all. To give the DEV team the data they need.

• @loin:

Were is the poll master? Take 10 and stick them in a poll to be voted on. Imo Unlock/rank bug to stabilise the new players, Vans fed kryptonite to make the mortal again with us. The others suggested in some kind of order. The master poll maker is needed. You number 1 to 10 might differ from mine so poll it all. To give the DEV team the data they need.

They already said they’re going to be putting a patch in the beta in the next few days to address the unlock/rank bugs, and other immediate issues.

• @Tibberius:

I wanted to start by apologizing for the period of silence from us, we are still trying to figure out how to approach having a community of this size.

@Tibberius:

While we were figuring out how we wanted to approach communicating with a far larger audience than we were used to, we decided to remain silent to avoid providing mixed messages. Obviously, providing no messages was just as bad.

I’m actually surprised you guys realized this at all. Good job guys :applouse:
    Really raising my opinion on you here.

@Tibberius:

**Thank you for staying with us **through this period and hopefully a brighter, better future for Chivalry is on the horizon.

Left MW a year ago when you decided to do the exact opposite of what every competitive player was telling you to do.
    Left DW a couple months ago when you decided that it didn’t need any game modes to be a game.

Have fun trying to salvage your shit game and disillusioned community.

Not mad at you guys… just disappointed.

• Inb4 ban get the old cow of the soap box mooOOOoo. judging by those pictures one can only imagine the kind of crap you watch on TV. I have seen more depth in a rizla paper then you.

• @loin:

Inb4 ban get the old cow of the soap box mooOOOoo. judging by those pictures one can only imagine the kind of crap you watch on TV. I have seen more depth in a rizla paper then you.

I wanted to go out with some lighthearted gags.

The least you coulda done was quote me so everyone can see it after I’m banned. But no, it’s not like being considerate is mandatory or anything.

Wait… people still watch TV? Why?

• No gold ticket for you. They already stood up and said sorry before your post. Admitting one made a mistake and saying sorry is admirable considering just how many cannons were being fired at them tbh. A lot of people would never have come back after such flack tbh.

• @loin:

They already stood up and said sorry before your post.

I’m sorry I made fun of them then.
    Does that mean I shouldn’t get banned?

Apologizing doesn’t make a game less shit.

@loin:

Admitting one made a mistake and saying sorry is admirable considering just how many cannons were being fired at them tbh.

Except the one mistake they’re apologizing for is keeping quiet, which is honestly the dumbest idea ever. Them even thinking that’s a good idea really shows just how much thought TB puts into anything.

Basically, apologizing for being stupid isn’t admirable. It certainly doesn’t stop people from calling you stupid that’s for sure.

Which actually isn’t even my main point. My main point is that TB has fucked up so much. So god damn much.

Except they’ll never admit it because admitting it means they would need to do something about it, and doing something about it requires actual work.

Which TB won’t do.

• TornBanner - I have 1000 hours in a the game and I am one of the leaders of Tempest (one of the better clans in the game). So I have a pretty good grasp on the game and mechanics. Here are some of my thoughts of critical items:

• Rank Unlocks are clearly huge
    • Animations need to be improved (especially the Vanguard) - it’s hard to read what they are doing.
    • Lack of any matchmaking / ladder / ranking system
    • Bubble isn’t that bad but could be reduced a little bit. The biggest problem with the bubble is when you are falling from above onto someone (you get caught) - this needs to be fixed.
    • The feint window should be made longer, however, you should not be able to attack immediately after a feint if you feint towards the end of your attack. That said, you should be able to block immediately after any feint. The problem before the patch in July, was that offensive feinting was too effective - you could feint so late in your swing and with the forward chase mechanic… charging, feinting, knights unstoppable. So this needed to be nerfed. But what you did was also nerf the ability to feint into a block - this should be brought back. By increasing the feint window and SLIGHTLY delaying the ability to attack after a late feint, but allowing to block after any feint, you have brought back effective feint to parry and retained the nerf on offensive feints.

• @Mystikkal:

the patch in July

Do you actually think they’re going to do anything about it _now?

_I gave up when they personally told the top players to “shove off we do what we want” for that summer update.

• BB your posts were hilarious. Love the brunette.

• @BB:

Do you actually think they’re going to do anything about it _now?

_I gave up when they personally told the top players to “shove off we do what we want” for that summer update.

It seems like they want to turn a leaf… who knows if that’s true… but I thought I’d give my 2 cents

• @Mystikkal:

• Lack of any matchmaking / ladder / ranking system

That should be relatively easy to implement and would certainly garner of lot of interest. Who wouldn’t want to see Crushed #1 in his time zone.

• Oh looks its BB. The evil twin brother of Lemon.