Community Update

• @loin:

Nobody cares if a player is not as good as some elitist clan player and his views differ. Some of the community members actually like to see other point of views. In society its not common place to bash other peoples heads in because they don’t share your elitist views is it? Is that not when it becomes a dictatorship?

His opinion is irrelevant cause he’s a scrub.

• @loin:

Nobody cares if a player is not as good as some elitist clan player and his views differ. Some of the community members actually like to see other point of views. In society its not common place to bash other peoples heads in because they don’t share your elitist views is it? Is that not when it becomes a dictatorship?

Seems as though a lot of people care since he’s gotten numerous requests in this very thread as to when he’s going to be dueling. And you launched quite the personal attack on Flippy so I’m not sure you have room to tell him to back off.

Flippy is promoting the game’s mechanics as they were intended. That isn’t elitist.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

His opinion is irrelevant cause he’s a scrub.

What are you a borg? 7 of 9

• @loin:

A ‘elitist’ player would have a much better understanding in the game than a player who has recently started, so I would say that the word from another strong player is much more reliable, and of course expressed with a lot of experience behind it, rather than another casual player getting angry and frustrated over something they haven’t understood the grasp of, but once they go past that point, isn’t that when casuals turn into filthy elitist as you would refer us to as.

Still most honestly say that the words from a player who has been around for some time is much more reliable, but not too many of them are around on the forums anymore, mostly populated by people whose mouth exceeds over their actual skills in the game. most of these who know what they are talking about are pretty much long gone from the forums pretty much cause they have lost hope.
    There’s a lot of small play and big talk around here as mentioned above, cheers.

Some around here has some good feedbacks and inputs, but those are of a rare quality.

• I will not support any form of sanctioned bullying. Whatever your justifications.

• @loin:

I will not support any form of sanctioned bullying. Whatever your justifications.

Because we all need your support to have an opinion about something. Thanks for clearing that up.

• @loin:

I will not support any form of sanctioned bullying. Whatever your justifications.

AHahahahah the irony is delicious.

• Ok fine I will go and eat my humble pie and custard hehe. Just “beware” any of you clan ladies that I find
    alone on the Battlefields.

• Loin stop bullying clan players.

• @wildwulfy:

A ‘elitist’ player would have a much better understanding in the game than a player who has recently started, so I would say that the word from another strong player is much more reliable, and of course expressed with a lot of experience behind it, rather than another casual player getting angry and frustrated over something they haven’t understood the grasp of, but once they go past that point, isn’t that when casuals turn into filthy elitist as you would refer us to as.

Still most honestly say that the words from a player who has been around for some time is much more reliable, but not too many of them are around on the forums anymore, mostly populated by people whose mouth exceeds over their actual skills in the game. most of these who know what they are talking about are pretty much long gone from the forums pretty much cause they have lost hope.
    There’s a lot of small play and big talk around here as mentioned above, cheers.

Some around here has some good feedbacks and inputs, but those are of a rare quality.

You are nowhere close to call yourself a strong player tho, stop posting

• Chicken runs from Eagle and listens to wise bird hehe.

• @CRUSHED:

You are nowhere close to call yourself a strong player tho, stop posting

I am actually quite familiar with how the game works, both through playing the game for over a year and actually from reading the codes on how they work incomparison to yourself Patrick, and I would say I’m a pretty strong player overall. Yolo-charging into a group of enemies haven’t always proved to be a strong tactic in Team objective, have it? But hey, we shouldn’t derail from the thread’s topic and start another arguement where I bring up points, and you just respond with them with flaming and anger.

I still have to say that I personally don’t see what this forum thread can really contribute with, other than just creating chaos and gathering people with different opinions that are just going to wage war against each other cause their opinions aren’t alike.
    A new form of balance council where the whole developer team is sitting down and actually listening to the selected players for the balance council may be the only way to save the future for competitive players for Chivalry, but then again, those aren’t really that kind of players who falls within your prioritizing list, is it? Torn Banner.

• It seems like wolfy is one of the few people on the forums that I can take serious according to how the rest of you act. Why do you people keep being rude to someone just because they have another opinion? If you don’t think that their opinion is correct, prove that yours is right, don’t insult them.

For CFtP: It’s gud cuz I can laik du whatevz I want to.
    Against CftP: Noo u su nub, such unintended mechanic, much hax.
    Both parties: I hatez yu,yu sack big dipper.
    **^**this seems to be the discussion so far. Sure some people have a couple of valid statements, some less valid, which can be said for both sides.

For CFtP: I would like CFtP back because I think it’s a valid tactic which is actually needed while facing more than one opponent.
    Against CFtP: I don’t think it’s needed against multiple opponents because you can still use footwork and timing to beat more than one person. Although if they’re of higher tier it might be a bit harder, or if they attack simultaneously and my positioning is wrong it might be a tad bit to hard.
    For CFtP: Well as Tibberius mentioned, a new animation for CFtP so it doesn’t look as clunky as before could be an improvement I guess. Also we could tell everyone about this in some sort of video tutorial or in the ingame tutorial.
    Against CFtP: That seems a bit fair I guess, instead of how it was before it will get some new animations which is nice. However I still think its an easy way to make up for mistakes such as missing swings. Maybe it should have a penalty, for example higher stamina drain or some other drawback.
    For CFtP: I think that the shorter feint windows are enough of a penalty, simply because it will be harder to perform the move with them.
    Against CFtP: I’m not entirely sure about that, we should probably test it before and see how powerful the move really is. As you mentioned the feint windows might be enough of a nerf.
    **^**I can hold a valid argument with myself about it, even though I hated the old CFtP. I’m open for testing it if TB even considers reinserting it into the game again.

• You don’t often find arguements for and against CFtP that doesn’t usually include the usual arguements such as: “You suck at this game, that is why you want CFtP gone.” Or the usual lower intelligent replies such as “get good noob.” Either way, it is much more convincing if arguements for and against it are put up in a more proper way that doesn’t include attacking anyone, though as for my own opinion about combo feint to parry. I absolutely think that people would not even notice its disappearence if they properly adjusted the Combo Parry manouver which was suppose to be the replacement in the seperation of offensive and defensive manouver in CFtP. Cause, why do most of us wish to keep it? Yes, that is so that we may choose to perform a defenesive combo manouver so that we may be able to fend off another attack who suddenly appears while you are already in a fight versus someone else, and true by comboing and canceling, allowed you to get much quicker into ‘idle’ stance where you could pull off another parry, but as soon as this became quite used, it often became a big mind game for the opponent. “Will that Combo turn into an accelerated insta-overhead strike? or will he actually parry”. It was very simple how you could punish an CFtP by simply throwing a quick feint as they were making obvious comboes on distance to like bait you to attack them, or he may double-fool you by just attacking when you try to feint. I personally never liked this, that you could go from being offensive to defensive so quickly, so I’m totally more in for the seperation, but I think that the Panic Parry was a stupid idea, and that they should re-work combo parry so that we players MAY actually use that mechanic to the same use CFtP was used, only that we can use it for defensive manouver, and once you are commited, there is no turning back.

If Torn Banner had cared a little more about their game, and adjusted that. I honestly don’t think CFtP supporters would have complained that much, cause you could kinda do the same thing, only that you have to commit yourself either to attack or defend during release of your first swing.

• @wildwulfy:

You don’t often find arguements for and against CFtP that doesn’t usually include the usual arguements such as: “You suck at this game, that is why you want CFtP gone.” Or the usual lower intelligent replies such as “get good noob.” Either way, it is much more convincing if arguements for and against it are put up in a more proper way that doesn’t include attacking anyone, though as for my own opinion about combo feint to parry. I absolutely think that people would not even notice its disappearence if they properly adjusted the Combo Parry manouver which was suppose to be the replacement in the seperation of offensive and defensive manouver in CFtP. Cause, why do most of us wish to keep it? Yes, that is so that we may choose to perform a defenesive combo manouver so that we may be able to fend off another attack who suddenly appears while you are already in a fight versus someone else, and true by comboing and canceling, allowed you to get much quicker into ‘idle’ stance where you could pull off another parry, but as soon as this became quite used, it often became a big mind game for the opponent. “Will that Combo turn into an accelerated insta-overhead strike? or will he actually parry”. It was very simple how you could punish an CFtP by simply throwing a quick feint as they were making obvious comboes on distance to like bait you to attack them, or he may double-fool you by just attacking when you try to feint. I personally never liked this, that you could go from being offensive to defensive so quickly, so I’m totally more in for the seperation, but I think that the Panic Parry was a stupid idea, and that they should re-work combo parry so that we players MAY actually use that mechanic to the same use CFtP was used, only that we can use it for defensive manouver, and once you are commited, there is no turning back.

If Torn Banner had cared a little more about their game, and adjusted that. I honestly don’t think CFtP supporters would have complained that much, cause you could kinda do the same thing, only that you have to commit yourself either to attack or defend during release of your first swing.

In response to your “theres no arguments for CFTP, just insults bla bla”

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18280-Successful-Parry-into-Parry?p=200294&viewfull=1#post200294

All you are saying is your opinion. That the mechanic should be about prediction and not reaction. I already explained that why thats really dumb. Not a single FPS game that calls itself competitive has nonsense like “there is no turning back” in its base mechanics. Taking away control from the player is always bad. ESPECIALLY in a melee game.

Round based board games are games of commitment. Not competitive melee FPS games. It’s not a “your turn my turn your turn my turn” game.

• @CRUSHED:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18280-Successful-Parry-into-Parry?p=200294&viewfull=1#post200294

All you are saying is your opinion. That the mechanic should be about prediction and not reaction. I already explained that why thats really dumb. Not a single game that calls itself competitive has nonsense like “there is no turning back” in its base mechanics. Taking away control from the player is always bad. ESPECIALLY in a melee game.

Round based board games are games of commitment. Not competitive melee FPS games.

+1
    The insults don’t normally start flying until CFtP arguments are ignored like they have been in the past.

• This is exactly the same as saying: “Feints and canceling should be removed from the game. Once you commit to an attack there should be no turning back. You shouldnt be able to be offensive and defensive at the same time”.

We all know that’s dumb as hell. But its the same argument.

• Also i think its really funny that you try to act mature here Wolfy when we all know about your extremely immature gifs and actions in the past lol. We all disliked the girl but you took the bullying to another level of another person in the internet, extremely pathetic considering your the leader of one of the oldest clans, RK, which should be worth something. Instead you are a 17 year old who looks like 12 and spouts random racial slurs in teamspeak and every argument with you ended with “i know better no matter what”.

so dont get me this mature bullshit, please.

• @CRUSHED:

All you are saying is your opinion. That the mechanic should be about prediction and not reaction. I already explained that why thats really dumb. Not a single FPS game that calls itself competitive has nonsense like “there is no turning back” in its base mechanics. Taking away control from the player is always bad. ESPECIALLY in a melee game.

Round based board games are games of commitment. Not competitive melee FPS games. It’s not a “your turn my turn your turn my turn” game.

I think some limitation of player control can be good to a certain extend, but that it is always bad that is far from the truth Patrick. Imagine all the swings and delays we could have possibly made if "
    HorizontalRotateSpeed=55000.0VerticalRotateSpeed=45000.0
    AttackHorizRotateSpeed=55000.0"
    Were set to zero, and you should probably already know what these does. also, I think amoungst especially you should know the forum rules that you should not be attacking another person on the forums, so could you please cut the bullshit Patrick and start behaving properly like the rest of us.

Either way. a fine mixture between a bit of limitation and freedom is what I think is for the best, too much freedom and you can perform all these rediculous manouvers, and too much limitation, and it will just be another boring click game. but a fine mixture between that is what I believe would make the game perfect.

But that is of course my opinion, and you have to outright accept that not everyone shares the same opinion as you Patrick, and because of that you have no reason to attack them.

If you have any personal disputes you wish to discuss with me Patrick, then you send me a private message or chat with me on steam. I’d like to assume that derailing from a thread, going off-topic isn’t that acceptable on these forums, but you are custom to getting banned because of your past disrespective behavoir towards to others. You are 22 :/ there is much to expect from you since are an ‘adult’ and I am not in your opinion.

How about we stick to the topic on the thread.

• I SMELL JIMMIES BEING RUSTLED OVER HERE AND IT SMELLS GOOD