Community Update

• @Triumphant:

I SMELL JIMMIES BEING RUSTLED OVER HERE AND IT SMELLS GOOD

There is no need to be upset

• No tears, just dreams.

• @CRUSHED:

Also i think its really funny that you try to act mature here Wolfy when we all know about your extremely immature gifs and actions in the past lol. We all disliked the girl but you took the bullying to another level of another person in the internet, extremely pathetic considering your the leader of one of the oldest clans, RK, which should be worth something. Instead you are a 17 year old who looks like 12 and spouts random racial slurs in teamspeak and every argument with you ended with “i know better no matter what”.

so dont get me this mature bullshit, please.

I fully agree with Crushed. Wolfy is a bloated gas bag who drones on about any toffee , If his bloated opinions mattered so much why does TB not actually listen to it at all?

• To ADD if your game was fixed TB we would not be here constantly bashing each other on forums. Please fix it fast so I can head off into the sunset like the hero I am. nuff said

• @loin:

I fully agree with Crushed. Wolfy is a bloated gas bag who drones on about any toffee , If his bloated opinions mattered so much why does TB not actually listen to it at all?

Well Loin, do they ever listen to any of us as for that matter? there has been big debates about CFtP and dodge removal where I think actually the majority wanted to keep CFtP and remove dodge unless I’m mistaken, or atleast adjust the dodge in the way it was described in the poll, and then again I think players of this community have experienced balance council where I believe they were somewhat not listened to either.

So, I would like to assume it goes for all of us, but that is hopefully going to change from now on now that Tibbs have actually shown interest into speaking with the community, and hopefully he will continue to do so. Also, I don’t see why you both are so hostile towards to me, well I suppose you guys have nothing better to do than to just ‘shit post’ as the term we use to describe people who just post shit on the forums cause they don’t have anything contributin feedback to share on the forums. Also I think it is against the forum rules to attack another person on the forums. How about you two ease down and then we will all have a peaceful arguement about our own opinions on here, or elsewhere for that matter. Least, let’s not derail from the main topic.

• @wildwulfy:

Also, I don’t see why you both are so hostile towards to me, well I suppose you guys have nothing better to do than to just ‘shit post’ as the term we use to describe people who just post shit on the forums cause they don’t have anything contributin feedback to share on the forums.

@CRUSHED:

In response to your “theres no arguments for CFTP, just insults bla bla”

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18280-Successful-Parry-into-Parry?p=200294&viewfull=1#post200294

Maybe you missed this.

• Also think that it would be nice if Torn Banner decided to look into the parry negation and parry drain values in each and very weapon to probably adjust that more balanced.
    I have currently made a spreadsheet that contains with information on how much stamina it costs for a weapon to parry a specific weapon’s attack.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=116

Least for example when it comes to weapon classes, there should be each their own differences, when it comes to Man at arms, we got three different primary weapon classes: Swords, Axes and Maces.
    Axes for example should have higher parry drain, while having the disadvantage of lower parry negation, since you would be parrying with a wood-shafted weapon which is by logic less effective than with a weapon of steel. Though as for Maces and Swords it becomes a bit tricky, since both are made out of steel, but I suppose a suggestion could be that Sword could serve as a hybrid with having a decent parry negation and parry drain for its weapon class, while mace has a good parry negation but a weaker parry drain.

Just some ideas, same should go for the Bastard sword, Heavy blunts and Two-handed axes in same manner, just an idea to make each weapon more unique.

Would be nice if anyone of you could share your opinion and thoughts about it.
    and just one thing real quick, its a different calculation for shields:
    Base damage / shield negation = stamina cost, a spreadsheet with that information can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=122

Also Karasu. I have shown one of them a lot of respect in the past, only to get spitt on because I would not let him back into my clan, so I don’t see any particular reason why he should be behaving like this towards to me at all, its just uneccesary and childish. least here on the forums we should focus on talking about the game, and not directly about a person, right?
    time to cut the bullcrap :p

• @wildwulfy:

Also think that it would be nice if Torn Banner decided to look into the parry negation and parry drain values in each and very weapon to probably adjust that more balanced.
    I have currently made a spreadsheet that contains with information on how much stamina it costs for a weapon to parry a specific weapon’s attack.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=116

Least for example when it comes to weapon classes, there should be each their own differences, when it comes to Man at arms, we got three different primary weapon classes: Swords, Axes and Maces.
    Axes for example should have higher parry drain, while having the disadvantage of lower parry negation, since you would be parrying with a wood-shafted weapon which is by logic less effective than with a weapon of steel. Though as for Maces and Swords it becomes a bit tricky, since both are made out of steel, but I suppose a suggestion could be that Sword could serve as a hybrid with having a decent parry negation and parry drain for its weapon class, while mace has a good parry negation but a weaker parry drain.

Just some ideas, same should go for the Bastard sword, Heavy blunts and Two-handed axes in same manner, just an idea to make each weapon more unique.

Would be nice if anyone of you could share your opinion and thoughts about it.
    and just one thing real quick, its a different calculation for shields:
    Base damage / shield negation = stamina cost, a spreadsheet with that information can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=122

Also Karasu. I have shown one of them a lot of respect in the past, only to get spitt on because I would not let him back into my clan, so I don’t see any particular reason why he should be behaving like this towards to me at all, its just uneccesary and childish. least here on the forums we should focus on talking about the game, and not directly about a person, right?
    time to cut the bullcrap :p

When we first converted the system from being damage based (which was horribly imbalanced, as everyone is surely aware; twohanders suffered no stamina drain from most weapons and onehanders could be stamina stunned after 3 hits) I balanced it somewhere around that - Maces were balanced, axes more offensive, and swords more defensive (because a sword is by far the most well balanced and thus easy to parry with) in their stamina drain. But this led to a lot of the same situations as before where certain weapons would stam-out other weapons way too easily, and others would suffer practically no drain. So the negation values ended up being fairly similar in the end.

Shields are a little trickier. I personally think the shield balance is something that should just be directly ported over from Deadliest Warrior to Chivalry - there’s a much bigger difference between large and small shields. Small shields have such a short drop time they’re excellent at counterattacking, while large shields have excellent negation. There’d finally be a reason to use the buckler.

• @TheSwordOfTheMorning:

How about a lack of support for the competitive community… Though it might be too late for that one…

Aye, if only there was someone willing to spend their own free time trying to push the game to its competitive limits by adding features to improve the competitive experience and balancing the game for competitive play without having to worry about upsetting newer players.

Have you only just realised that TBS has been scaling down competitive support since that botch of a tournament and the patch? I don’t really blame them though, as I have discovered that unfortunately most of Chivalry’s competitive community would rather avoid competition at all costs.

On-topic (well, current topic anyway):
    TBS, I beg you not to forget the good quality discussions that have taken place even though it seems to be turning into a mess. People have reverted to insulting each other because the only thing that can settle the argument is your action, but I hope you take action based on the good arguments presented rather than the how people who make them behave. Insults are childish, but they should not invalidate the mature debates (even if they are by the same person).

I urge you to ignore silly comments, and not take into account the fact that, yes, you may be pleasing those who are being childish at the moment when making certain changes, because everyone can be childish and it’s far easier to be mature when things are going your way and whine and cry when things don’t.

• @NabsterHax:

I urge you to ignore silly comments, and not take into account the fact that, yes, you may be pleasing those who are being childish at the moment when making certain changes, because everyone can be childish and it’s far easier to be mature when things are going your way and whine and cry when things don’t.

I think a lot of people are really frustrated after having to deal with “the patch” for as long as we have with no communication about despite us begging for so long now. I think those players have every right to act this way because they’re trying really hard to push the game in a better direction now that Torn Banner is finally listening. Torn Banner listened to the wrong audience with “the patch,” so they’re trying to make sure Torn Banner knows not to listen to the wrong people again, and instead listen to the players who actually determine the health of this game in the long run.

• Enough with the bickering guys, it is neither here nor there. This thread is meant to serve as a place to leave feedback and have MEANINGFUL discourse. We all want to improve this game and the community, and if you have nothing constructive to add, don’t post in this thread.

• Mod

Are you guys looking into flinch in release? Happens way too often right now, and it’s super obvious as a maul user. Easily the most frustrating thing for me.

• Yeah, that makes sense Slygoat, although let us bring up the example of how the parry negation ranges between each weapon class for the Primary weapon for Man-at arms.
    Swords has one between (13, 14 and 15) Strong negation being with the Falchion. As for Axes, it ranges between (12, 13 and 13) and last for Maces is simular to Axes which is (12, 13 and 13) but in terms of drain, if we were to bring up Broadsword, Dane axe and flanged mace as an example there, the broadsword would have a drain of 21 with slash, 22 with overhead and 20 with stab, but for Dane axe it is 19 for slash, 23 for overhead and 10 for stab, and lastly for Flanged Mace, it is 23 for slash, 24 for overhead and 15 for stab.

It would appear in a good way that the drain on each weapon is somewhat simular to how effective each attacks on its weapon are, it is pretty obvious that Swords are the hybrid when it comes to drain since its all three attack has a decent attack, and of course a Sword is a much better defensive tool than an Axe or Mace due to the added crossguard for example, though if you look at the difference, that difference isn’t that big as I would sort of wish it to be. Do you think it could be possible that this could be slightly tweaked to make a tad more difference in these numbers, Slygoat?

Also, I see that when it comes to the bigger weapons, they seem quite simular to one and another, though despite swords being best there, Halberd has the highest parry negation, but 2nd place in terms of drain with Polehammer topping it.
    but I could hardly imagine it be a good idea to give Greatsword another edge as overpowered as it is right now, anyways. What are your thoughts Slygoat?

• @Kim:

Are you guys looking into flinch in release? Happens way too often right now, and it’s super obvious as a maul user. Easily the most frustrating thing for me.

i complain about this daily and i think my friends are getting sick of it lol

and sly, as long as we don’t get spartan shield syndrome i’m okay with those would-be shield changes. Spartans in deadliest warrior might as well be holding a giant brick wall out front.

• @wildwulfy:

Yeah, that makes sense Slygoat, although let us bring up the example of how the parry negation ranges between each weapon class for the Primary weapon for Man-at arms.
    Swords has one between (13, 14 and 15) Strong negation being with the Falchion. As for Axes, it ranges between (12, 13 and 13) and last for Maces is simular to Axes which is (12, 13 and 13) but in terms of drain, if we were to bring up Broadsword, Dane axe and flanged mace as an example there, the broadsword would have a drain of 21 with slash, 22 with overhead and 20 with stab, but for Dane axe it is 19 for slash, 23 for overhead and 10 for stab, and lastly for Flanged Mace, it is 23 for slash, 24 for overhead and 15 for stab.

It would appear in a good way that the drain on each weapon is somewhat simular to how effective each attacks on its weapon are, it is pretty obvious that Swords are the hybrid when it comes to drain since its all three attack has a decent attack, and of course a Sword is a much better defensive tool than an Axe or Mace due to the added crossguard for example, though if you look at the difference, that difference isn’t that big as I would sort of wish it to be. Do you think it could be possible that this could be slightly tweaked to make a tad more difference in these numbers, Slygoat?

Also, I see that when it comes to the bigger weapons, they seem quite simular to one and another, though despite swords being best there, Halberd has the highest parry negation, but 2nd place in terms of drain with Polehammer topping it.
    but I could hardly imagine it be a good idea to give Greatsword another edge as overpowered as it is right now, anyways. What are your thoughts Slygoat?

I think the majority of people want stamina costs tweaked down across the board, and it’d probably be best to balance around that if adjustments are made.

@50ShadesofClay:

i complain about this daily and i think my friends are getting sick of it lol

and sly, as long as we don’t get spartan shield syndrome i’m okay with those would-be shield changes. Spartans in deadliest warrior might as well be holding a giant brick wall out front.

IIRC the problem with shields in DW came down to changes that made block detection much more accurately aligned to the player’s actual first person view, and it exposed the fact that shield boxes are actually massive (which was necessary before to compensate for their inaccuracy). The recent DW patch notes list “parrybox improvements” which may be an attempt to address this. CMW still uses the old less-accurate parry detection, presumably until the DW system has its issues ironed out.

• Bugs and exploits are really annoying things, especially here in Brazil where players discover more when abuse…

Such as this;
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18407-FOV-and-Autobalance-exploit-bug-in-UI-menu

The servers here have blocked third person to be more competitive, but with the increased FOV is very simple defend your back, side, improving the drag and defends them. Speaking of which, backhit is something that takes away the very fast speed balance of weapons, and can maul to beat faster than the Norse, even managing to kill with a single hit …
    Among others it is more difficult to know how to do, such as overheads without windup, followed defenses are so fast that no animation, map points without collision where players hide…

There are still some problems with performance, even after your purchase has an i5 4570, can not run the game on x64, for example.
    I also have some servers that can only be run on XP, Server 2003 or lower, for any OS the server gives a locked without explanation. It would be great if this were fixed.

I know it is very difficult to detect this type of problem and fix them, I’m just trying to help, and those are things that make me bored of the game and I have noticed that many players away .

Anyway, Chivalry is fantastic and I love playing him and root for him to be better every day!