Community Update

• I hope to see this game fixed by 2020.

• @Chimpanzer:

GOOD THING I INCLUDED SPRINT LOCKOUT IN MY POST

so mad wow

• Oh yeah, Retsom has a good point. The admin side of things really needs a boost. The server is only as good as it’s admins and the admins are only as good as the server commands they have available.

• Tibberius your list is pretty good already, but you should consider following

1. Remove panic parry and bring back CFTP (with NO nerfs because then it will be useless, it has many disadvantages already) and your parry into parry system

this should increase the skill ceiling greatly and make the game more fluid / give us more control etc

**2. Remove Bubble

**Lets be honest here, this mechanic was an experiment by you guys and it was not very good. The best would be to just remove it so we wont have any collision issues anymore and wierd bugs when two bubbles collide

**3. Remove Sprint lockout

**this is another thing that hurt the game more then it helped, there was absolutely nothing wrong with dancers (and this is coming from a non-dancer who used to deal with them all the time in high level games back then), it was extremely easy to counter and a very risky move against good opponents especially with the chase mechanic

**4. Make game less stamina dependent

**Right now your stamina drains too fast, imo. You should look into that. It used to be better. Higher stamina means less barriers for good players to pull cool stuff off and the game is generally more fun to play without being hindered by the game all the time.

**5. Nerf Archer and Buff knights

**Currently in competitive matches the class ranking is in the following order

Archer - Vanguard - MAA - Knight

Archers can carry teams alone while Knights are just food and cannot keep up with the current state of vanguard with polearms and maa.

Archer nerf needs to happen this class is simply too strong at the moment. The problem with knights is that they have bad “one way weapons”. Vanguards with spear is so strong because they never have to combo. Knights had to rely on CFTP to get anything done because their swords are crappy with just one attack, they NEED their combos. Problem is that comboing is almost suicide these days in competitive scrims.

6. Buff the current weak weapons, dont nerf strong ones

Keep the current brandi and maul but buff Longsword, SoW, Falchion, Warhammer, Dane axe, Cudgel, Shortbow, Fists, Morningstar etc.

They are all kinda weak atm. Remember to buff the damage/size of weapon and not the speed. We dont need more weapons that hit too early and desync.

**7. Buff feints

**However you do it, i dont care but do it. Feints desperately need a buff, maybe give us the full windup to feint but after 200 MS or so you can not attack afterwards, so its just for defensive feinting and canceling attacks. That would be great already

also you should fix the chase mechanic, these days it doesnt work as well as it used to

Also what sophax said, do it.

Make sure you listen to the right feedback, thats the most important one :D

• I love this game. I really do. But please just stop with some of these ideas. The game has been out for so long now and you (developers AND some of this community) are all still pushing for mechanics changes? Unreal. The game, from a mechanics and balance standpoint, is fine. –And if you wanna argue that some weapons are not balanced, then I’d respond by saying that fixing the bugs that pertain to these weapons would fix the balance.– (Bearded axe feint nonsense, unrealistic weapon reach, just to name a couple).

People just get frustrated when they run into their own personal kryptonite on the battlefield and cry for nerfs. Always has been that way, always will be that way. Just wish that people could see through it.

So instead, I’d like to see bugfixes and additional content.

One of the main reasons I’m taking this standpoint is because I’m tired of getting used to the new changes, again and again and again. When will it end?

• @ScottPickrell:

The game, from a mechanics and balance standpoint, is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

To add this is your 7th post? Are you infact an undercover account. Quite a few of us have been here lately
    trying to get the DEV team to respond and they came back :). Note you were not here to help in that cause.
    paxo time.

• Nice list.

• Rank/Unlock issues

Yes, it’s about time you fix this.

Vanguard Sprint Attack Bug

Nonfunctional server ping limits

Showing Idle time and Ping for votekicks

The large size of enemy-specific collision (“The bubble”)

Yes. Remove the bubble. Good decision.

Removal of Panic parry

Yes please. And add CFTP back. Please.

Shields run out of stamina too quickly

Way too quickly indeed. I hope you analyse the buckler specifically. I’m thankful that you have noticed this issue with shields.

Lack of new content (TO Maps in particular)

Yes, it’s been 1.5 years without new content. Do by all means release new maps or similar stuff. (new mods, weapons, etc)

Custom content is not sufficiently supported

That is correct. I need to download the same map over and over again after already having done it. It’s broken.

Also, thanks TBS for coming back.

• @lemonater47:

With CFtP there’s a 40-60 split. And that’s only on the forums it has competitive bias.

Plot twist: 90% of the people who dont want CFtP are bad at the game and dont understand the mechanics to its fullest.

Almost every rational competitive minded player would want CFTP instead of what we have now

• It’s good to see that you’re finally back to communicating with your community. Hopefully most of the annoying bugs and glitches will be sorted out ASAP and I believe that your list pretty much makes up for the most important ones.

Rank/Unlock issues
    This surely needs fixing, I’ve seen some people who are still rank 5 after 150+ hours in the game. Also I believe that a lot of people leave because they can’t unlock any weapons.
    This should also be fixed at once, the amount of times I’ve been killed by someone 15-30 meters away from me while drawing an arrow is starting to get really quite annoying.
    Yes please, the amount of high pingers that think that their ping is “fine” is starting to get frustrating.
    Same as above, this would be great against people with 120+ ping.
    yes please, the amount of times I’ve missed people that turn around with my one hand weapons is starting to get frustrating, even the longer ones such as morningstar and broadsword miss sometimes.
    Removal of Panic parry
    I liked your idea of the Parry to Parry that you suggested. I wouldn’t have anything against CFtP, but if CFtP was brought back I don’t think you should be able to riposte right after it.
    As I’ve mentioned before, shields make weapons faster, to be honest weapons should be slower while also wielding a heavy shield. Not only that, but you move faster and you can even start dodging faster if you’re a MAA when you use faster weapons. I thought shields was supposed to make you move slower when they actually do the opposite which I think is bullshit. I also don’t think that the damage should be as high when a shielduser attacks, the reason behind this is that they are immune to feints and drags themselves. Shields should be for tanking, not for some offensive damagedealing overpowered lightspeed bullshit that they are right now.
    Yes as long as it’s no new citadel.
    Guess this might be a good idea as well, although I see no real problem with it so far.

Other than that some weapons need rebalancing:
    Brandistock - way to fast and way to powerful, two slashes can take down a vanguard and two slashes + a kick can take down a knight, it can one hit both archers and MAAs with the thrust. It’s just ridicolous.
    Crossbows - (especially light) They’re way to fast and deal way to much damage and are way to easy to hit with. They’re snipers, literally snipers but in a medieval game. Add the old reload speed and projectile speed and they might be a bit more balanced.
    Longbow - I do enjoy using this bow, but there’s nothing really special about it, I think that broadhead arrows should oneshot both archers and MAAs to the head, meanwhile bodkins should one shot Archers and perhaps Vanguards, but not MAAs. That would make it a bit more viable.
    Polearms/axes - Their hitbox is weird and therefore they hit with air, it is ridicolous and should be fixed.

There are other weapons as well such as the Greatsword, bearded axe, hatchet+shield and messer that also need quite a lot of balancing.

• I agree with the points made. All those things need to be worked on and i also agree that if you are to remove panic parry you should at least replace it with something else.

The rank unlocks are putting off most people and makes them feel like they are not progressing anywhere so they stop playing. I’ve seen countless people complain about it and it sucks. I know Ranks don’t really mean anything (a part from being intimidating) but it’s essential for some people to have a “goal” to reach.

And finally, i believe that TB isn’t supporting custom content near as much as they should do. I’ve seen some great maps but hardly anyone is playing on them. I’m not sure whether this could be down to lack of promotion on custom content (how many newbies even know there is custom content?) or just the simple fact that they are too lazy to wait for the map to download. Could be something worth looking in to.

Regardless, it’s nice to hear from TB again.

• @Xylvion:

Removal of Panic parry
    I liked your idea of the Parry to Parry that you suggested. I wouldn’t have anything against CFtP, but if CFtP was brought back I don’t think you should be able to riposte right after it.

Whats wrong with riposte from a CFTP? If you cant reposte from it then theres no reason to have the mechanic in the first place, its common sense :D

• @CRUSHED:

Whats wrong with riposte from a CFTP? If you cant reposte from it then theres no reason to have the mechanic in the first place, its common sense :D

Because then you can just riposte and then do CFtP in the riposte if needed. I think it’s a bit to easy to make up for your mistakes that way, even worse than panic parry. Well it’s either that or some other nerf to the old one, for example increased stamina drain. I remember people getting K/Ds like 89-4 in pubs meanwhile newbies usually got 2-25. When I myself started using it I couldn’t read drags or feints at all. Even so I got ridicolous K/D ratios, it wasn’t because of skill, it was because the mechanic was unbalanced. Some people that I knew back then can barely get a K/D ratio of 1 anymore just because they relied on this mechanic, meanwhile other people such as Vaeka or Jetstream are able to play the game without any problems what so ever because they never had to use it. Then again, it might be balanced now thanks to the shorter combofeint windows that TB implemented. And you know that the game is and will always be balanced after public play and not the comp scene, a solution that would fit both would be great.
    I’m not against some new type of CFtP, I just don’t like the old one.

• TB, you can also fix claymore who is faster than light

• @Xylvion:

Some people that I knew back then can barely get a K/D ratio of 1 anymore just because they relied on this mechanic,

I highly highly doubt this as there was very few people who truly mastered CFTP in the time before the patch

There is nothing wrong with better players stomping noobs, thats how it should be, always. Thats how it is in ANY serious competitive game lol.

Not having riposte of CFTP removes the whole “fighting multiple opponents” aspect

This whole “people who relied on the mechanics” is not true at all, i went something like 82-7 a few days after the patch with Knight, it doesnt change anything, it just makes the game less fun to play and adds a retarded artificial barrier.

• Using a mechanic to stomp noobs and using it as argument doesnt mean jack shit.

You could use CFTP, look down overheads, backwardsoverhead , thirdperson lookdown, dancing, feint spam, simply good drags and ripostes

all that kinda stuff to completely shit on noobs and get ridicoulus k/d ratios, but it doesnt matter because in competitive play where people are actually good at the game this kinda stuff is easily countered so it balances out

you get better and you learn how to counter it, simple.

• @CRUSHED:

**3. Remove Sprint lockout

**this is another thing that hurt the game more then it helped, there was absolutely nothing wrong with dancers (and this is coming from a non-dancer who used to deal with them all the time in high level games back then), it was extremely easy to counter and a very risky move against good opponents especially with the chase mechanic

**4. Make game less stamina dependent

**Right now your stamina drains too fast, imo. You should look into that. It used to be better. Higher stamina means less barriers for good players to pull cool stuff off and the game is generally more fun to play without being hindered by the game all the time.

Yeah, the sprint lockout really hurt. Dancing was never really a problem. roflcopter VGs were only ever a decent mid-skill tactic. I always said it looked retarded (and it did) but it was never very effective against even moderately skilled opponents. But the sprint lockout just made things stutter.

Current stamina levels are just frustrating.

• @loin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

To add this is your 7th post? Are you infact an undercover account. Quite a few of us have been here lately
    trying to get the DEV team to respond and they came back :). Note you were not here to help in that cause.
    paxo time.

You can insult me if you want. Whether I have 7 posts or 700 posts, makes no difference. My opinion would still be the same. I’m not an undercover account. I was involved with the competitive community for a long time when it was very active and I’ve been playing the game for over a year with 600 hours logged.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m very happy to see the Dev team respond. I just think they should prioritize with bug fixes, intelligent design additions, and new content.

• @Tibberius:

This is why our ultimate goal is to get Chivalry to the point where the community can add new content to it and keep it vibrant and alive through custom maps and mods. We know that the game needs a bit of love before that can happen, and we plan to deliver on that side of things.

I don’t think anyone wants this, though. While community custom content is great, we want YOUR support too. We don’t just want to live off mods for the rest of the future of Chivalry. We want content and updates from you, too. I can understand not adding any more weapons, but you should definitely continue making more maps for Medieval Warfare. I think we all expected far more official TO maps when we first bought the game.

@Tibberius:

Rank/Unlock issues
    Removal of Panic parry

1. Rank/Unlock issues: This is absolutely a big issue and what’s keeping many new players from wanting to stay after the sales. Top priority IMO, even though it doesn’t affect most of us here on the forums since we’re already high rank and have everything unlocked.
    2. Vanguard Sprint Attack Bug: Probably the second biggest issue on the list, because of how it skews the overall vision of the game for new players and it makes us veteran players extremely frustrated.
    3. Nonfunctional server ping limits: Not a very big issue, but an issue. Personally, I think every official should have 150 ping limit but I understand you want to make sure every player has at least some servers to play on, so for the ones you have ping limit on, please set it to 150 when you get it working. At at the very most 200. Most people agree 100+ is unplayable.
    4. Showing Idle time and Ping for votekicks: An issue, but again a lower priority than the others.
    5. The large size of enemy-specific collision (“The bubble”): I would argue this is the fourth biggest issue in the list because while it’s a big deal, I find that it’s not as frustrating as dealing with panic parry. I like the bubble’s “intent” for dealing with face hugging, but the problems it offers isn’t worth it. The only reason it doesn’t feel as big of a deal on DW isn’t because it’s simply smaller, it’s because DW plays completely differently and most of your kills comes from back stepping your enemies’ swings then punishing them before they can recover, much like old MW before recovery parry.
    6. Removal of Panic parry: The third biggest issue. I would like to see CTFP and FTP return with larger stamina costs, but at this point I’m willing to live with simply removing recovery parry. Just be sure that you nerf MaAs and archers’ footwork speeds when you do this, because they will be even more OP after this. The reason I find this to be the biggest issue is because the quickest and most efficient way to kill new/bad players is to back step out of their swing then punish them in their recovery. By not allowing this, it’s making the fights take far longer than it should and increasing the chances of you getting overwhelmed by their team mates which isn’t fun. I don’t think your new parry idea is the answer, either.
    7. Shields run out of stamina too quickly: The fifth biggest issue on the list. People haven’t been able to use shields on a serious level for so long now that the game feels very stale and boring since we’re limited to not using them. But a far bigger issue than just this is vanguard knockback and stamina drain in general. They’re far too much and even as playing vanguard, I don’t want to knock my enemy so far back that my combo swing misses them. It needs to be reduced, both the knockback and stamina drain for vanguards.
    8. Lack of new content (TO Maps in particular): This is the lowest priority on the list, and while everyone would enjoy more good TO maps from you guys, you need to work on getting your current game in ship shape first.
    9. Custom content is not sufficiently supported: The sixth biggest issue on the list. While I personally don’t care too much for custom content simply because it’s so unavailable all the time, I think a lot of people are looking for more promise with this especially since this was announced to be a thing in your kick starter.

So, in order of priorities:

1. Rank/Unlock issues
    2. Vanguard Sprint Attack Bug
    3. Removal of Panic parry
    4. The large size of enemy-specific collision (“The bubble”)
    5. Shields run out of stamina too quickly
    6. Custom content is not sufficiently supported
    7. Showing Idle time and Ping for votekicks
    8. Nonfunctional server ping limits
    9. Lack of new content (TO Maps in particular)

You’re also forgetting to mention balancing. Nobody likes the claymore in its current state, the longsword is garbage in pubs and the vast majority of good players agree that MaAs and archers need nerfing. Vanguards need less knockback and stamina drain. These things would inherently be good enough as an indirect buff to knights, though I’m not sure people want knights to be oneshotted by the maul, either (I personally think NOTHING should oneshot a knight, maul or heavy crossbow headshot). Just be sure you ask the community directly what you think we want in terms in balance first, and please listen to us. You were wrong it not letting the maul one shot MaAs with an overhead in the torso. These things are higher priority than stamina drain on shields, but lower than the bubble.

Also, don’t forget to fix many of the issues in duel mode and to please, please, please include showing each player’s ping in the menu. Lower priority than shield stamina drain, bigger priority than fixing community content.

And for the love of Agatha, when you’re doing these patches, don’t introduce more bugs and break more things. If you do, fix them in a timely manner.

• Tibberius - We shot you an e-mail off last month that’s yet to be replied too. Have you received it? We are here and deftly willing to work with the community as far as competitive chivalry gaming goes. We look forward to your reply