February Video Contest - Love Hurts

• It’s been too long since a contest. With next month being February and having Valentine’s Day close, I figured why not have a video contest of Chivalry players why they love and enjoy the game.

You do not need to have your face on the video or even have yourself talking through it. You can use subtitles throughout the video for those that are shy. The premise of the video is to show why you love the game, so it could be something like showing off the different aspects, the different ways you enjoy to kill someone, the maps, etc. I really expect people to show their favourite ways of killing people, whether it’s giving them an arrow to the heart or a sword to the head.

When making the video, pretend that the person watching is not sure if they should get Chivalry and with your video, demonstrates how much you enjoy it.

**Rules:
    You can’t use a video that you have already made. You must make it starting today. Only ONE video per player. Try to be as original as possible and try not use a whole bunch of copyrighted stuff.

This contest will end Friday, February 28th at 12pm EST. The winners will be announced the following day or two. The contest is open to anyone.

If anyone would like to be a judge, please send me a PM. However, if you are a judge, you do become ineligible to submit a screenshot.**

**Prizes:

****The prizes will be awarded based on winner’s choice. First place gets first pick, second place gets second pick and third place gets the remaining prize.

Instead of selecting 3 prizes, here is some of the games you can pick from the prize pool. More and better prizes may be added based on the number of entries.

Hot Line Miami
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Bully
    Just Cause 2
    The Walking Dead Season 1
    FTL
    Surgeon Simulator 2013
    Castle Crashers
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Alan Wake bundle
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trine 1 + 2
    Toki Tori
    Rush
    Edge

I wish you all the best of luck. Start making those videos and get them in on time. I can’t wait to see what everyone will bring. Good luck. :)

• Is this the Watchmen film? Are you the comedian? You know what happened to him don’t you.

• Pilgore is gonna win this so ez

• I would do it if I was good at video editing and stuff, but I’m not hehe.
    Apologies my Lord !
    I’ll just wait to see what people do ! Do you plan to create a list on the forum ?

• I’ll post links to any videos I get.

Next month will be something easier for people to participate in, which will be screenshots. Everyone can do those. :P

• How come it has to be a month? I mean honestly, especially for something like screenshots that should really only take a week. Maybe 2 weeks for something more in-depth like a video. I think a month is just stretching it out though.

• so you want to give us a game for showing how much we like this game?
    wth.

why not make it worthwhile and give us a custom skin, shield or logo or hat or sumthing no 1 else in the game can have, since we truly love the game so much Keith.

offer up sumthing good, and no offense but honestly all those titles sound like sumthing a kid would play other then walking dead.

I just offered up $200 for sumone to mod fire arrows into the game for the community surely you can do better then these leapfrog sounding titles cant you please Keith

• I can’t give out in-game prizes because I don’t have that power.

All I can do is offer games, which is subjective of what you think of them. You may have $200 to throw around, but I don’t. I do these contests to give the players something different to do with the game and try to enjoy it and award prizes for it. It all comes out of my own pocket and what I can afford. I do this for other players, which is better than not having anything at all.

If you don’t want to participate then don’t. Simple as that.

• Warsaw, please don’t be rude. This isn’t an official TBS event, but one that Keith is doing as a moderator and giving out prizes from his own pocket.

@WARSAW:

so you want to give us a game for showing how much we like this game?
    wth.

why not make it worthwhile and give us a custom skin, shield or logo or hat or sumthing no 1 else in the game can have, since we truly love the game so much Keith.

offer up sumthing good, and no offense but honestly all those titles sound like sumthing a kid would play other then walking dead.

I just offered up $200 for sumone to mod fire arrows into the game for the community surely you can do better then these leapfrog sounding titles cant you please Keith

• Tbh I would quite like to see some of the video’s. If it goes well I suggest a follow up Event called Dirty Dancing.
    We could have the best tango performed by Two classes in love, a Cha Cha, actually they could even do a moon walk routine. Keith is a good chap with good intentions and that is really what stands out tbh.

• Im not trying to be rude and I didn’t know this was his own thing either.

good on you keith, sry if I offended you brotha, I thought torn banner had put you up to this lol

• Every contest I ever done has been on me. I just want to try to keep players engaged in different ways.

If Torn Banner had put me up to this, it’d be a lot more flashier. lol

• I tell you what then, I have a copy of farcry 3 with the receipt I bought a while ago and didn’t like and couldn’t return because of best buys dumb piracy law.
    if you want I can mail to you to put in your list also Keith?

• @WARSAW:

I tell you what then, I have a copy of farcry 3 with the receipt I bought a while ago and didn’t like and couldn’t return because of best buys dumb piracy law.
    if you want I can mail to you to put in your list also Keith?

Hey uh, Warsaw we’ve been good friends for a long time now. How about that Farcry 3 for an old friend hm?

pls I’ll massage your buttocks

• @Flippy:

pls I’ll massage your buttocks

oooh so tempting,

if keith doesn’t want it its yours friend, ive been trying to give it away for like 6 months now

• @WARSAW:

if keith doesn’t want it its yours friend,

• @WARSAW:

no offense but honestly all those titles sound like sumthing a kid would play other then walking dead.

You would be a very bad parent if you’d let your child play games like Amnesia (survival horror in the 1800’s), Alan Wake (Stephen King-esque thriller), Hotline Miami (you bash in heads with lead pipes) or even Bully (you throw nerds into garbage cans).

Or would you be a good parent?

• @SavageBeatings:

You would be a very bad parent if you’d let your child play games like Amnesia (survival horror in the 1800’s), Alan Wake (Stephen King-esque thriller), Hotline Miami (you bash in heads with lead pipes) or even Bully (you throw nerds into garbage cans).

Or would you be a good parent?

The only games I think that are completely unsuitable for kids are A rated games. (Manhunt for example) other than that I think all games are fine. (Except CoD, fuck that) I grew up on the first 2 CoD’s (they were classics come on), Soldier of Fortune, and Medal of Honor games. I was able to handle them and I don’t recall ever fantasizing about killing people with Tommy guns :/.

Other than those it was mostly AoE I and II, AoM, and Battle for Middle Earth I and II. Of course there are some exceptions. I would only let my child play something like Amnesia once he’s 6 or 7, depending on how he matured.

I mean it’s up to you as a parent what you want your kid playing, but forcing him to only play baby games for the first 12 years of his life is just kind of sickening to me. There was a kid back at my old school and even though he was 15, his parents didn’t even let him play T rated games. Along with that and his pretty terrible lifestyle he developed this sick obsession with anything violent. He would read books about Nazi torture techniques all the time and constantly pick fights.

I know the exception doesn’t make the rule, but I think you’d need to see how your child reacts to it on his own. If he plays Amnesia and wants a Grunt halloween costume, then I think he’s okay. If he starts wondering how he can turn people into Grunts…well it’s probably time for Frogger.

• So basically, it’s up to me whether or not Flippy gets the game? :)

• If I can find some spare time and get the Chiv Tales folks back together we might be able to make something nice for this. Fingers crossed!