Easy Questions

• 1. Can I log in as server admin automatically or stay logged in longer then one match?

2. It seems like my Server stops at the end of my map list how, can I make it auto loop?

3. If I raise these values will it make my servers lag less?
    TotalNetBandwidth=32000
    MaxDynamicBandwidth=7000

4. Can I make my server automatically add bots when there is a low population in my server?

5. Any hints I should know about hosting a server? To reduce lag or anything?

6. I added the global ban list as said in the sticky, is there a none experimental way to add it?

• 1. Sadly no, setbind is closest.
    2. Maplist rotates on a loop, I doubt that’s the crashing error.
    3. Wouldn’t help much, search for Rate at the TCPip Driver in the UDKEngine.ini
    4. That might be possible with one of the third party rcon tools, not sure.
    5. Jut the usual, have a good connection, fair upload, high clockspeed(for UDK Server).
    6. It’s been experimental for a year now, I doubt it’s actually all that experimental anymore.

• I think raizio answered most of the stuff, regarding point 4 with the bots - it’s not possible even with remote RCON as the there simply isn’t a command to addbots in the current rcon protocol.

• 2. I don’t know if it is still occuring because I just added a huge maplist of maps. When it got back to the first map people could join but in the top left corner it would say team objective with a bar and no one can spawn. Even though its frigid death match.
    5. I have the highest internet service century link offers and I notice like 75% of the people have 100+ ping. Like half of those have 150-200. I see the maxclient rate, im not sure what rate line your talking about.

Really anything I can do to reduce ping would be helpful.

Thanks for the responses!

• For the rates;

Search for this in the UDKEngine.ini
    NetServerMaxTickRate=

It should be under [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

Default is on 30, set higher as you see fit, do note it does require a decent CPU.
    Also, this could backfire, especially if you have a fairly high slot server, don’t put it too high.

• @Raizio:

For the rates;

Search for this in the UDKEngine.ini
    NetServerMaxTickRate=

It should be under [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

Default is on 30, set higher as you see fit, do note it does require a decent CPU.
    Also, this could backfire, especially if you have a fairly high slot server, don’t put it too high.

ok im only going 24 man atm to cut down on lag ill check it out

I have a quadcore phenom 3.4 ghz