Server Browser Issues

• We’ve received a few reports of the server browser malfunctioning. In an attempt to properly identify the issue, we are asking that anyone with reproducible browser problems reply to this post.

• A common example would be : " Server list not appearing after clicking ‘Join’ "

Thanks!

• When clicking “remove from favorites” on a server in your favorites, UDK.exe will crash. This happens as far as I know on every single hardware setup, 64 and 32 bit.

• Being unable to view the server info. It happens when you join a full server, and go back to the browser, and click the server info, the player names blank out. Refreshing fixes it.

• @Flippy:

When clicking “remove from favorites” on a server in your favorites, UDK.exe will crash. This happens as far as I know on every single hardware setup, 64 and 32 bit.

I am unable to reproduce this crash. Any steps omitted from your original post?

• @DaGGyzo:

I am unable to reproduce this crash. Any steps omitted from your original post?

Really? Every one of my friends crash when they try to remove a server from the favorites. Try adding a new server then remove it maybe?

• I did report a bug here about after right clicking one of the official servers for info my game crashed instantly. As I only play every 4th day now , due to lovefilm and boxset ,addictions next time I fire up the rig will see if that bug is still happening

• So I will interpret your initial post with my own experience.

It is very common to join a server and either cancel or fail to join the server and return to the server browser only to find no servers appearing in the browser.

It happens so often I cringe when I fail to join the server. Very easy to reproduce. If it is full I am deflated and typically I have to restart the client.

• @Flippy:

Really? Every one of my friends crash when they try to remove a server from the favorites. Try adding a new server then remove it maybe?

That was the exact steps that I tried for multiple servers. I’ll continue to investigate.

@Chimpanzer:

Being unable to view the server info. It happens when you join a full server, and go back to the browser, and click the server info, the player names blank out. Refreshing fixes it.

I was able to reproduce this, however.

• I’ve got another, let’s say you try to join a server through the friends tab, but it’s full, so you get taken back to the browser. If you refresh while still in the friends tab, it loads the normal list of servers, the first tab, even though it shows you’re still in the friends tab.

• Can confirm trying to remove any server from favorites crashes the game. I still have a low rank server on there ever since it was changed from a TO testing or something. Pretty annoying.

• I purchased Chivalry yesterday and have the following problem “Server list not appearing after clicking join”

• T-T I can’t join a server either…

• T-T can’t join any games

• T-T i can’t connect either

• When I click “Join Game” no servers show up in the server browser…i’ve tried everything to fix the issue, and nothing has worked.

• HONESTLY WTF. I’ve uninstalled the game and re-installed it and still not a single fucking server shows up in the browser. WTF…WTF? WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCK.

tits.

• @parkrangerstan:

HONESTLY WTF. I’ve uninstalled the game and re-installed it and still not a single fucking server shows up in the browser. WTF…WTF? WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCK.

tits.

CrustaceanSoup replied on Today at 09:42 PM #6
    We’re checking with Valve, no explanation or ETA right now. Sorry all.

• Hi guys,

I’m experiencing an issue where all the servers (which match my <100 ping filter) are displayed as constantly full.

I was surprised to find that filtering out full servers would always return 0 results, so a couple of weeks ago I tried unchecking the “full server filter” filter, and just attempted selecting servers which were apparently full

I haven’t actually been on a full server in weeks now, so I guess other people are experiencing this too (and not joining games)

• I have a issue i don’t have any server in the server list

• @Rassiva:

I have a issue i don’t have any server in the server list

You’ll have two versions of Chivalry in your Steam library. One is a beta version where new patches are tested. Are you sure you are launching the main game and not the beta version? There are no servers up on the beta right now.

If you are in the main version, make sure your filters are set properly. If that doesn’t work, try to use the steam server browser. You can locate it in Steam on the top navigation bar by going to View > Servers > Then filter for Chivalry.