Just roll back TB

• How easy would it be for torn banner to roll the game back to an earlier version? You know before vanguard supercharge and broken stats?

• Impossible. If they tried to just revert, it would keep all the current bugs and add new ones like reverse gravity MaA dodges.

• @pewpew:

How easy would it be for torn banner to roll the game back to an earlier version? You know before vanguard supercharge and broken stats?

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18080-Will-this-game-ever-be-fixed?p=198995&viewfull=1#post198995
    Not sure its impossible its not like restore point tbh. As a software team they will or should have all the previous builds to hand. I would guess they could roll back to an earlier version and simply add that improved net code into that and recompile it.

• @loin:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18080-Will-this-game-ever-be-fixed?p=198995&viewfull=1#post198995
    Not sure its impossible its not like restore point tbh. As a software team they will or should have all the previous builds to hand. I would guess they could roll back to an earlier version and simply add that improved net code into that and recompile it.

About what I was thinking. It’ll be a lot of work that they probably aren’t up to doing, but it’ll save the game in the long run. Get to the game before the July patch and do things right now that you know how and call it Chivalry 1.5. Leave the current build alone for now.

• I’d be completely ok with just rolling back to pre patch.

• that’s just not gonna happen bro unforunetly and would probly create more problems in the long run.

btw nice sig Chimpanzer that’s tight yo.

• If you have done programming and have the code to hand even old builds, its not a long process. The part that can be painful is remembering what or were you left that code, be it on a old disk or pc. Also back in the day coders use to keep there pride and joy routines close to them and all had to be summoned back to the office. I remember the poor cleaning lady knocking over a full tower innocently with the hoover, to the horror of the team hehe. TB knows what they are doing my optimistic view :D

• @Chimpanzer:

I’d be completely ok with just rolling back to pre patch.

me too mate

• I redownloaded chiv earlier after about a month or two of not playing: went straight back in… same kinda mentality as you get after time away: kinda with memories, thinking - “was it as bad as i thought, maybe i was wrong to uninstall…”. Yknow, you go back expecting it to be that game you loved once cus thats what you remember most…

Pretty much played ten minutes and was basically sick in my mouth and uninstalled it again. Its just so so bad. Live is just SO bad. Its not even funny how fucking bad it is. Its already been covered thousands of times why - by me and by so many others, why bother clarifying again.

With regards to ANYTHING… people, movies, music: its hard to make me hate something. The degree to which I hate chivalry after how much I loved it, is astonishing. TB are fucking inept. Children with severe learning difficulties could do a better job of supporting, balancing and bugfixing a game.

Either inept or lazy. Yknow what, ima go with both. Inept AND lazy. and Greedy.

• They maybe be a little inept and a little lazy from time to time, but they do know what they’re doing. Like you said, you used to love it so much. Keeping the game awesome and making everyone love it is tough, but they were close. Now we have to help them get back there, and you don’t do it by shitting all over the product and the producer, you do it by offering criticisms and advice.

People like you forget that TBS is made up of individual people, most of whom, maybe all of whom, read the forums and are aware of issues. When they read dicks like you saying to kill themselves and calling them lazy stupid idiots and talking about how shitty this game is, it doesn’t do a lot to bump up their motivation and game-plan for developing. Everything you said was so general, all you did was repeat yourself; “This game is so fucking bad” several times. You even refused to clarify or give any detail like the real fans of the game will do and whose the lazy one now ;). Now piece your pride back together (which may be tough), and I’ll refer you to this thread where you have the opportunity to actually give a clear, concise, friendly message about what you would like to see fixed/polished/changed in the upcoming community patch, and not more angry, butthurt poor me poor me.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18278-Community-Update

• @Oy:

They maybe be a little inept and a little lazy from time to time, but they do know what they’re doing. Like you said, you used to love it so much. Keeping the game awesome and making everyone love it is tough, but they were close. Now we have to help them get back there, and you don’t do it by shitting all over the product and the producer, you do it by offering criticisms and advice.

People like you forget that TBS is made up of individual people, most of whom, maybe all of whom, read the forums and are aware of issues. When they read dicks like you saying to kill themselves and calling them lazy stupid idiots and talking about how shitty this game is, it doesn’t do a lot to bump up their motivation and game-plan for developing. Everything you said was so general, all you did was repeat yourself; “This game is so fucking bad” several times. You even refused to clarify or give any detail like the real fans of the game will do and whose the lazy one now ;). Now piece your pride back together (which may be tough), and I’ll refer you to this thread where you have the opportunity to actually give a clear, concise, friendly message about what you would like to see fixed/polished/changed in the upcoming community patch, and not more angry, butthurt poor me poor me.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18278-Community-Update

Oy dropping truth bombs.

• Lol Oy.

I’ve already stated on numerous times on these forums ‘constructively’ what they could do to sort many of the broken aspects of the game out - and more to the point, literally dozens of others have put it better than me, and i’ve emphatically voiced my agreement. Yet still the game remains on its steady decline into the gutter. Im not going to type out the same age old arguments that have been voiced and revoiced over and over again (only to be totally ignored) every time I point out they are a dogshit developer. Sorry.

If thats too general for you, I’ll politely leave you with just one small example of Torn Banners inexorable failure to support CMW with meaningful content, completely irrespective of gameplay failings and opinion. TO Maps.

I originally had faith in TB, but they have proven as equally apathetic to ‘friendly criticism’ as to offensive criticism, so i really couldnt give a flying shit how I phrase myself. I hope they do read it here. Useless mugs.

TB has not listened to us, and never will. It seems that you still think that ‘friendly criticism’ of TB will make a difference, after all this time. You can call me a dick all you like - but at least i’m not embarrassingly, hideously, depressingly naive.

You may climb down from your high horse now, you self righteous, sanctimonious prat.

@Oy:

but they do know what they’re doing.

ahahahaha…… AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH…

But seriously.

• Didnt realize that they had given a message to the forums two days ago. Lets see what happens……

• @Triumphant:

Lol Oy.

I’ve already stated on numerous times on these forums ‘constructively’ what they could do to sort many of the broken aspects of the game out - and more to the point, literally dozens of others have put it better than me, and i’ve emphatically voiced my agreement. Yet still the game remains on its steady decline into the gutter. Im not going to type out the same age old arguments that have been voiced and revoiced over and over again (only to be totally ignored) every time I point out they are a dogshit developer. Sorry.

If thats too general for you, I’ll politely leave you with just one small example of Torn Banners inexorable failure to support CMW with meaningful content, completely irrespective of gameplay failings and opinion. TO Maps.

I originally had faith in TB, but they have proven as equally apathetic to ‘friendly criticism’ as to offensive criticism, so i really couldnt give a flying shit how I phrase myself. I hope they do read it here. Useless mugs.

TB has not listened to us, and never will. It seems that you still think that ‘friendly criticism’ of TB will make a difference, after all this time. You can call me a dick all you like - but at least i’m not embarrassingly, hideously, depressingly naive.

You may climb down from your high horse now, you self righteous, sanctimonious prat.

ahahahaha…… AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH…

But seriously.

Alright buddy, I’ll break this down for you.

We are not on a steady decline, we’re seeing the first shreds of light in months. Tibbs himself has apologized for the silence, and they have a patch ready for beta including sprint attack bug, ping caps, rank bug etc. They are listening and actively responding to ideas and suggestions, and even asking for feedback on thing such as how to make kicks better, how to improve spectator mode, what kind of admin support we want, etc.

Even your ‘one example’ was flawed. They gave us one TO map, granted it wasn’t much, but they’re also focused on more in the future. Their main plan for more content involves quote “TO maps and gamemodes”. Again, all you’ve really done in your comment is say “I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT DERP HURRRR AND DERRRRR FUCK TBS”. You’ve put on a sad show today son.

“TB has not listened to us, and never will. It seems that you still think that ‘friendly criticism’ of TB will make a difference, after all this time.”
    Well, I guess you didn’t even click the fucking link I gave you in my last comment, or you would have seen literally over 20 pages of great ideas and suggestions, people thanking TB for finally admitting their wrong, and multiple responses from TB informing us of progress and intentions. These are people who want the game to go back to what they love. You are just ungrateful cancer waiting to be cut out.

“You can call me a dick all you like - but at least i’m not embarrassingly, hideously, depressingly naive. You may climb down from your high horse now, you self righteous, sanctimonious prat.”

I am not naive. You are just misguided, blinded by arrogant pride and a sense of injustice, and you’re a negative, toxic person. I’m not on any high horse, I’m just trying to get you to be fucking civil instead of A DICK.

Now, if you hate the game so much, and you have so little faith in TBS to put it right again, THEN GET THE FUCK OFF THE FORUMS ASSHOLE!

• @Oy:

Alright buddy, I’ll break this down for you.

We are not on a steady decline, we’re seeing the first shreds of light in months. Tibbs himself has apologized for the silence, and they have a patch ready for beta including sprint attack bug, ping caps, rank bug etc. They are listening and actively responding to ideas and suggestions, and even asking for feedback on thing such as how to make kicks better, how to improve spectator mode, what kind of admin support we want, etc.

Even your ‘one example’ was flawed. They gave us one TO map, granted it wasn’t much, but they’re also focused on more in the future. Their main plan for more content involves quote “TO maps and gamemodes”. Again, all you’ve really done in your comment is say “I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT DERP HURRRR AND DERRRRR FUCK TBS”. You’ve put on a sad show today son.

“TB has not listened to us, and never will. It seems that you still think that ‘friendly criticism’ of TB will make a difference, after all this time.”
    Well, I guess you didn’t even click the fucking link I gave you in my last comment, or you would have seen literally over 20 pages of great ideas and suggestions, people thanking TB for finally admitting their wrong, and multiple responses from TB informing us of progress and intentions. These are people who want the game to go back to what they love. You are just ungrateful cancer waiting to be cut out.

“You can call me a dick all you like - but at least i’m not embarrassingly, hideously, depressingly naive. You may climb down from your high horse now, you self righteous, sanctimonious prat.”

I am not naive. You are just misguided, blinded by arrogant pride and a sense of injustice, and you’re a negative, toxic person. I’m not on any high horse, I’m just trying to get you to be fucking civil instead of A DICK.

Now, if you hate the game so much, and you have so little faith in TBS to put it right again, THEN GET THE FUCK OFF THE FORUMS ASSHOLE!

Oy did I ever tell you how much I love you?

Because I fucking love you.

• Love you too babe.

• @Oy:

Love you too babe.

Have room for one more?

• @LTTLWLF:

Have room for one more?

Of course! C’mere…