Hacker caught (video)

• I was playing today, and i found a hacker in chivalry. Decided to record him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcnds0AhHic&feature=youtu.be

• Claymore is always that fast isn’t it

• @giantyak:

Claymore is always that fast isn’t it

Just goes to show how ignorant you are. No, it’s never that fast. This guy doesn’t even have a recovery. He’s clearly cheating.

• His strikes are hitting before they connect as well, have a few of these guys on the Australian servers and they play the same way (just LMB for days). Easily dispatched if you’re wary, but it would be an absolute pain in the ass for new players. Would get video evidence if my craptop could handle it, running on runescape graphics as is haha.

• What was his ping?

High ping + Claymore = Bullshit

• Mmm, borderline cheating. He might be, his constant spam of LMB without combing is a bit weird, however all we saw were a few edited clips. It was certainly hitting too quick UNLESS he had a high ping 200+ sort of level.

I saw a guy similar to that ages ago, swinging with his claymore and hitting pretty much as soon as windup finished. He as called out a cheat, but I wasn’t certain. You could beat him by just parry-riposte or waiting for his swing to miss. He sealed the deal a bit later when he switched on his ultra fast movement and zipped around. He got kicked very quickly then.

• Seems pretty normal to me.

• If the person in question had high ping, we would be seeing him teleport everywhere.

• @Flippy:

If the person in question had high ping, we would be seeing him teleport everywhere.

Well and high ping wouldn’t cause him to skip recovery like this like you mentioned. Clearly hacking and clearly very terrible at this game.

• @Flippy:

If the person in question had high ping, we would be seeing him teleport everywhere.

Not necessarily, I’ve seen all kinds of weapon desyncs with the Claymore when people have 100+ ping. The person wouldn’t be teleporting but their weapon actions were jumpy and all over the place.

Might just be an Aussie/NZ thing as well but whenever Citadel comes up on the rotation, everyone’s pings gets bumped up to 120+ ping.

• op is the hackerer

• @Flippy:

Nahh high ping doesn’t necessarily mean packetloss. A high ping player can still walk around fluidly without teleports, their weapon would be hitting wayyy ahead of the animation though (according to your screen). High Ping + claymore = insta hit on release from your point of view. You must take note of these people and when you see them in battle, parry the moment they windup and hope they don’t feint… Also votekick their arses.

• Sorry Flippy, I agree with Toll on this one. Many hacks actually increase the reported ping. This is specially true of speed hackers as it increases the timing. If you have played on a server where they turn the game speed up, all ping double if not triple. This is how a speed hack works. This is not to say that high ping doesnt have similar effects because it does. But every single speed hacker I have ever seen in this game, their ping is crazy high 250+.

• @Retsnom:

Sorry Flippy, I agree with Toll on this one. Many hacks actually increase the reported ping. This is specially true of speed hackers as it increases the timing. If you have played on a server where they turn the game speed up, all ping double if not triple. This is how a speed hack works. This is not to say that high ping doesnt have similar effects because it does. But every single speed hacker I have ever seen in this game, their ping is crazy high 250+.

You’re right. But in this case it would be this guy’s cheating in speedhax that is causing the ping. Not high ping causing questionable actions. His timing and movement is very consistent with no jittering or teleporting, which is what we’d see if his ping was just high and there were not cheats involved.

It doesn’t matter though, the guy will get VAC banned anyway.

• Well I never made a judgement on weather he was cheating or not. But if you ask me, It didnt look like he was. He looked like a noob that didnt even understand how to combo because all he did was a single swing. I did see the desyncs but that could be because of a very high ping.

I did report a suspected set of hackers where I was seeing similar effects, almost exact. It wasnt untill I started to call them out that the soft speed hack became a normal high speed hack. Then they both left at the same time. When I checked thier profiles, they were both friends and one of them had several VAC bans already. So in that case my suspicions were validated.

In this video, it is unclear but possible.

• @Retsnom:

Well I never made a judgement on weather he was cheating or not. But if you ask me, It didnt look like he was. He looked like a noob that didnt even understand how to combo because all he did was a single swing. I did see the desyncs but that could be because of a very high ping.

I did report a suspected set of hackers where I was seeing similar effects, almost exact. It wasnt untill I started to call them out that the soft speed hack became a normal high speed hack. Then they both left at the same time. When I checked thier profiles, they were both friends and one of them had several VAC bans already. So in that case my suspicions were validated.

In this video, it is unclear but possible.

Watch the flinch on the people he’s hitting and the lack of recovery time on his swings. I’ve played against people who on multiple servers, on different days showed this exact behaviour.

One was “Vietcong”, he’d run around with a maul or a messer (slowish weapons made it ridiculously noticeable) just comboing into people that generally had no idea what was going on, as he was hitting well before his weapons should have connected. He only had ~100 ping too, and this was over the course of a week or so. We have a lot of Perth players on our eastern servers that pull ~100 ping, and it barely effects their strikes at all in comparison.

Another one was “Kicked for winning” funnily enough, not only a hacker, but evidently proud of it too. Just goes to show how easy it is to do. Tip off to Lemon to keep an eye on them if you see them.

• yeah I know. I have seen both, hacks doing it, clearly but also high pings having similar effects. In that video, it is just hard to tell because he only uses one swing, no combo and we have no knowlede of his ping. High pings can also cause that type if desync. SO lets say for the sake of arguement, he is a level 5 noob with 400-600+ ping, he would be having the same effect on attacks. If he was sprinting about, and was a hacker, it would be quite obvious that he would be mophing around the map. In the video is doesnt sprint at all. He is pretty much just walking around using a single attack while desynced. Thus in my opinion, it is inconclusive. But I will trust the original poster at his word if he witnessed this over a period of rounds. Too bad we dont have his ping information.

• I have seen huge desync before in the game. This is not it. The entire motion of winding up, swinging, recovering, and starting over again is much too fast. With desync, the timing between swings would still be the same, just not synced with the animations.

• Looks very similar to the two hackers I found. They both had claymores and this exact thing was happening. The animation is the same speed but the actual tracer speed is increased. They switched servers repeatadly when they felt threated. They only spoke French it seems being from New Caledonia but as soon as their names appeared in chat they left. But yeah it looks exactly the same as the two I saw and it was too much of a coincidence to be lag and one of the changed to a zwei at one stage. This hacker is slightly more subtle though he hasn’t turned his speedhack up as much.

And the guy is ice skating.

It’s speed hacking. VAC also works in mysterious ways sometimes banning people days after they hacked. So could be already banned.

The way to really tell is to pick the same class and run next to them. Though make sure they aren’t looking at enemies as it can be the chase bonus.

And speed hackers don’t always morph around the map. The two I saw were ice skating. Like this guy is ice skating. And like his guy they hardly comboed. I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked so if its still open I can get the video I recorded of two speed hackers that are very similar.

• Same happened to me a long while ago. I reported him but he’s still hacking away in Official Servers, which means he’s neither VAC banned or put in the global ban list. Thing is: I’d like to know why. Why isn’t he banned? For me it seems like obvious speedhacking but if anyone begs to differ I’d like to know.<br /><br />Speedhacker video: <EDIT: link not working for some stupid YouTube reason)<br />(includes timestamps of possible interest in the video description, sorry for the quality)