Slygoat is a champ

• "Oh look, Flippy is back. Everything worked out fine.

On a related note, I’m pretty sure questioning a moderator’s actions is against the forum rules. If you have an issue with Keith in the future, PM him or an administrator. Or create another thread like this, then you can complain about being banned by me instead." - Slygoat.

Damn man, nice e-peen it’s fucking massive. Maybe you should be running this company with that kind of gusto!

• I was gonna reply to that but the thread was locked. I don’t think it’s a rule that you can’t question a moderator’s actions. That would be a form of censorship if I’m not mistaken.

• @Flippy:

I was gonna reply to that but the thread was locked. I don’t think it’s a rule that you can’t question a moderator’s actions. That would be a form of censorship if I’m not mistaken.

Tis a rule. But there’s also a rule against going off topic. So Lemon should have been banned a few times I’m sure.

Also, I lol’d pretty hard as well when I saw Slygoat’s post.

• I don’t moderate very well. I’m too lenient. It was fine a year ago when there were so few posts per day that I could actually read every one of them, but now it isn’t. I only really get off my ass for blatant violations of the very few written rules. Rules that are perfectly fine to have whether or not they count as “censorship”, Flippy, because this is a privately owned forum for a privately held company and to create an account here you have to accept said rules. TB could turn on a word filter that replaces the word “Lemon” with “Our Supreme Overlord” if they so chose to, and it’d still be well within their rights.

Digression aside, Keith does a fine job - certainly better than myself - and it’s precisely the fact that moderating this forum has become such a chore compared to a year ago when the community was smaller and more easygoing that the “not questioning moderator actions in public” rule (which you’ll actually find is a rule in most forums) is in place, because Keith and co. spend enough time around here without having to spend even more time explaining themselves to the raving masses.

Moderators are removed when enough people challenge their actions and there’s agreement over it among the people in charge of such things - it has happened in the past. If you really think someone isn’t doing their job correctly, shoot a PM to Kimi or Tibbs or whoever manages that nowadays (I have no idea really, it’s probably still Kimi). But again, I think Keith is doing just fine and doubt you’ll rally much meaningful support against him.

But thank you for the kind words.

• …I’d like to think that no one would try to rally support against me.

Also, thank you Sly for the kind words. I’d like to think I’m fair with the forums and that everyone is following the rules. I try to understand people’s frustrations and both sides of the coins. Sometimes people may not agree with certain actions but at least they get informed as to why they were done.

As for the rules, Sly nailed it on the head.

• Circle jerk

• @Flippy:

I was gonna reply to that but the thread was locked. I don’t think it’s a rule that you can’t question a moderator’s actions. That would be a form of censorship if I’m not mistaken.

It may surprise you but it’s generally a rule on every forum. This one is very lenient.

• It was fine a year ago when there were so few posts per day that I could actually read every one of them, but now it isn’t.

I always got the impression the forums were much more active a year ago. With the release of Chivalry, and the thriving competitive scene. And with all the extra pubbers since rank and weapon unlocks worked for the most part back then. Also with the many references people make to how dead the forums are compared to back then.

Rules that are perfectly fine to have whether or not they count as “censorship”, Flippy, because this is a privately owned forum for a privately held company and to create an account here you have to accept said rules. TB could turn on a word filter that replaces the word “Lemon” with “Our Supreme Overlord” if they so chose to, and it’d still be well within their rights.

You’re right. They do have the right to do whatever they want with their forums. But that wouldn’t mean it would be okay if they did put on a word filter like that. Or censored people. Anyone has the right to go around calling black people ******s, but they would have to face the consequences for saying such a thing.

this forum has become such a chore compared to a year ago when the community was smaller and more easygoing

Again, I always got the impression the forums were much more active with many more daily posts back then.

Keith and co. spend enough time around here without having to spend even more time explaining themselves to the raving masses.

I’m pretty insulted you would call us, the most dedicated long-time fans who want nothing more than for this game to be the best that it could be, “raving masses”. The few times we did just go on rants about TB, is because there was literally no communication for months on end, which is unforgivable.

Also I would hardly call 30 or so people posting every day “masses”.

But thank you for the kind words.

Oh your welcome, wonderful SlyGoat. We will always appreciate your never ending wisdom and charisma.

Heh.

• @Flippy:

snip

They’re so cute when they’re 15. FLIPPY FIX YOUR INTERNET SO YOU CAN OWN IN THE 2V2. All hail Slygoat.

• @Karasu:

They’re so cute when they’re 15. FLIPPY FIX YOUR INTERNET SO YOU CAN OWN IN THE 2V2. All hail Slygoat.

Not my fault they installed a shitty new dish. I’m getting it replaced soon, but it won’t be until after the tournament is over, unfortunately.

• @Flippy:

I always got the impression the forums were much more active a year ago. With the release of Chivalry, and the thriving competitive scene. And with all the extra pubbers since rank and weapon unlocks worked for the most part back then. Also with the many references people make to how dead the forums are compared to back then.

It’s dead compared to over the summer. A year ago the community was actually pretty tiny.

@Flippy:

You’re right. They do have the right to do whatever they want with their forums. But that wouldn’t mean it would be okay if they did put on a word filter like that. Or censored people. Anyone has the right to go around calling black people ******s, but they would have to face the consequences for saying such a thing.

You can’t really think that’s a good analogy.

@Flippy:

I’m pretty insulted you would call us, the most dedicated long-time fans who want nothing more than for this game to be the best that it could be, “raving masses”. The few times we did just go on rants about TB, is because there was literally no communication for months on end, which is unforgivable.

I’m referring to the people who spam threads about how bad the moderation is. There’s no rule against badmouthing TB. Hell, Martin (former(?) moderator, early alpha dev) was one of TB’s greatest critics.

@Flippy:

Oh your welcome, wonderful SlyGoat. We will always appreciate your never ending wisdom and charisma.

Heh.

Always nice to meet a fan.

• Got any good tips for keepin’ it real Sly?

• SlyGoat for President!

• @SlyGoat:

I only really get off my ass for blatant violations of the very few written rules.

Hear hear…
    Keith really is a blessing to this forum.

• It’s dead compared to over the summer. A year ago the community was actually pretty tiny.

Hmmm, let’s take a look at the Steam Charts. http://www.steamcharts.com/app/219640#1y

On January 28th there were 9,456 players. Today, 1 year and 3 days later there are 2,428 players.

I’m not a math wiz, but 9,456 is > 2,428, right? I think so. The average for January 2013 was 4,867 players. The average of January 2014 is 2,198 players.

So…you’re wrong :/

You can’t really think that’s a good analogy.

Congress has every right to pass a vote to bypass the Constitution and enable forced home inspections. Doesn’t make them right.

I’m referring to the people who spam threads about how bad the moderation is. There’s no rule against badmouthing TB. Hell, Martin (former(?) moderator, early alpha dev) was one of TB’s greatest critics.

I can’t recall people ever “spamming” threads about how bad moderation is. I’m pretty sure when people did make threads about it is because they were upset over what they deemed to be unfair bans. Seems reasonable to me. I wouldn’t call it spam.

If there’s no rule against badmouthing TBS how come so many people including myself, Clayton, Crushed, and Gregcau were all banned for badmouthing TBS just a couple weeks ago?

Always nice to meet a fan.

That was sarcasm, sorry. I don’t really like you at all or the way you carry yourself. I also don’t agree with anything you say most of the time.

• Flippy, stop being annoying. SlyGoat was talking about the forums, not the amount of players on the game. And he’s completely right.

• @Kimiko:

Flippy, stop being annoying. SlyGoat was talking about the forums, not the amount of players on the game. And he’s completely right.

Number of players translates into people on the forums. It just makes sense. The more people there are playing the game, the more people will be inclined to post on the forums. And instead of just saying I’m wrong how about you actually prove some of my points wrong.

• I just want to point out that January 2013, we had a free weekend. Hence the 23,000 player peak.

Edit: Misread some things. The above is all I would like to add.

• @Flippy:

Hmmm, let’s take a look at the Steam Charts. http://www.steamcharts.com/app/219640#1y

On January 28th there were 9,456 players. Today, 1 year and 3 days later there are 2,428 players.

I’m not a math wiz, but 9,456 is > 2,428, right? I think so. The average for January 2013 was 4,867 players. The average of January 2014 is 2,198 players.

So…you’re wrong :/

Free weekend and sales players who drop the game in a week rarely register on these forums. The core community of active players and forum posters grew steadily over the course of last year and peaked in summer, despite peak player numbers telling you otherwise due to free weekends and sales.

@Flippy:

Congress has every right to pass a vote to bypass the Constitution and enable forced home inspections. Doesn’t make them right.

When the forum rules say that TB can inspect your home, or encourage you to use disparaging racist language, or claims that TB holds the same power as congress, then your analogies might be applicable. A better analogy would be to compare TB’s forums to, y’know, every other game forum. I mean, you’re showing right now why this rule is in place. You’re trying to create some public debacle for no discernible reason.

@Flippy:

I can’t recall people ever “spamming” threads about how bad moderation is. I’m pretty sure when people did make threads about it is because they were upset over what they deemed to be unfair bans. Seems reasonable to me. I wouldn’t call it spam.

If there’s no rule against badmouthing TBS how come so many people including myself, Clayton, Crushed, and Gregcau were all banned for badmouthing TBS just a couple weeks ago?

They aren’t spamming new threads, they’re spamming in threads. Even in the recent community announcement thread, BB comes around posting a bunch of gifs and insults and literally saying he’d probably be banned for it, and still when he’s banned for it people react like it’s some grave injustice.

There are no rules against badmouthing TB as a company, decision made by TB, etc. When you’re directly insulting individuals, however - TB employee, moderator, or otherwise - you’re breaking the rules.

@Flippy:

That was sarcasm, sorry. I don’t really like you at all or the way you carry yourself. I also don’t agree with anything you say most of the time.

You probably shouldn’t make sarcastic remarks if you can’t recognize sarcastic responses.

• Free weekend and sales players who drop the game in a week rarely register on these forums. The core community of active players and forum posters grew steadily over the course of last year and peaked in summer, despite peak player numbers telling you otherwise due to free weekends and sales.

If you say so. I’m still more inclined to believe people who I know and trust, and not someone who wanted the bubble in the game and wanted CFtP removed. Also from what I’ve been told, it seems like you lied in your other post about the balance council and what happened. Why should I believe someone who I believe to be a liar?

When the forum rules say that TB can inspect your home, or encourage you to use disparaging racist language, or claims that TB holds the same power as congress, then your analogies might be applicable. A better analogy would be to compare TB’s forums to, y’know, every other game forum. I mean, you’re showing right now why this rule is in place. You’re trying to create some public debacle for no discernible reason.

The analogy was to point out the fact that just because a higher power says something is okay, doesn’t mean it’s okay. When you said , “TB could turn on a word filter that replaces the word “Lemon” with “Our Supreme Overlord” if they so chose to, and it’d still be well within their rights.” you’re implying that whatever TB decided to do with the forums would be okay. If TB for whatever reason decided to ban a bunch of people for pointing out flaws in their game, that would be a form of censorship. They would be able to do it without any legal repercussions since it was their forums, sure. But it doesn’t mean it would be okay to do it.

They aren’t spamming new threads, they’re spamming in threads.

Please link me a thread that was completely derailed by someone who posted saying the mods weren’t doing their job well. I don’t recall ever seeing that. I recall seeing threads that were locked because the actual thread itself was about moderators and their actions, but not threads that were derailed by it.

And about BB, it’s hard to blame him considering the circumstances. With his experience in the BC combined with TB’s terrible track record, you can’t blame him or anyone else for being mad. But if I question your actions I’ll surely be banned for it, so I guess I better drop it there.

There are no rules against badmouthing TB as a company, decision made by TB, etc. When you’re directly insulting individuals, however - TB employee, moderator, or otherwise - you’re breaking the rules.

I can’t recall seeing anyone ever insult a specific TB employee. In the thread where me, Clay, Crushed, and Gregcau were all banned, we ranted about TB as a whole, as a company and their terrible practices. Their complete silence for months, all the while leaving game breaking bugs (rank/unlock bug) to fester, made us angry. Since we weren’t insulting anyone specifically, I still don’t understand why we were banned.

But if I question your actions I’ll be banned, so again I must drop it.

You probably shouldn’t make sarcastic remarks if you can’t recognize sarcastic responses.

I knew you were using sarcasm, I just felt like being a cock.