Suggestions to improve admin support

• @Tibberius:

Can someone start a new thread on what admin support would be useful?

Here it is. I could summarize suggestions in this first post.

• working ping limit
    • RCON would be huge
    • silently log in as admin (not “XXX has logged in as administrator”)
    • temporary ban from scoreboard with adjustable time

Already in the game, “adminloginhidden password”

• @Kim:

Already in the game, “adminloginhidden password”

Nice, thanks.

• Well allow me to elaborate what is possible. If you look at how the HL2 engine and sourcemod plugins worked. Admin was a breeze. So what needs to happen is to have an editable file that contains all the admins for your server. This file would contain their name, steam ID and the level of admin powers. Each admin power would be followed by a corresponding letter. For example:

STEAM_0:0:38864121 Bart Fartknocker A, B, C, D 1,2,3 (is rank number)

A=mapchange
    B=Pause game
    C=kick
    D=ban
    E=fire
    F=Freeze Player
    G=send to spectate
    H=Power over lower numberd admin
    and on and on with as many possible commands that are available
    Z=all

So then when an admin joins the server, the server checks his SteamID and his level of admin powers and auto logs him in.

Then you have a admin Key bind that brings up an admin menu like F9, that places buttons available for that level of admin.
    For example:
    1. player joins server and presses F9
    2. a menu pops up with Map Change, Kick/ban, Pause game, Restart Map/level/round, Fun Stuff, etc
    3. admin chooses Map change then another menu pops up with a buttoned list of all the maps available on the server.
    4. Admin chooses a map and it is loaded.

This type of menu system would greatly solve so many problems and lower the time consumed on loggin in and typing a shit ton of commands and looking up correct map names and would ease kicks and bans.

Next you need a better functioning RCON.
    For starters RCON needs to allow more than one person logged into it.
    RCON also needs to be tied into the administration commands so that even when the admin is logged in, he has access to additional server commands.

This would also allow additional remote access by more than one admin.

Next port the RCON to HLSW and so that remote chat and all the other features are available from in game admin to remote admin.

Being creative in the level of admin commands is essential.

We also need a working MOTD that is html based so that we can inform players of server rules, clan info and anything else we want to inform player of

• Retsnom knows his technical shit TB. Listen to him.

• Some features that would be rather useful to me:

1. ping limit
    2. server chat logging
    3. server motd
    4. banlist that i don’t need to shutdown the server to update, ideally a single file i can direct multiple servers to use(i sometimes have 30 chiv servers when player count requires it)
    5. some sort of improvement to the kill feed by making it report in console eg: player 1 (steam ID XX) killed (or teamkilled) player 2 (steam ID YY) with weapon Z, and possibly then save this to a file like a chat log would

Think this has already been touched on but admins having separate logins and then have admin actions be recorded somewhere so admin actions are no longer anonymous

will add to this list/fix it up when i get home

• Pretty sure it was this game that was testing some kind of chat filter a while ago, anything ever come out of that?

• Can someone make something like the admin functionality from sourcemod with the SDK?

Warsaw would probably pay you another $200 for this, Nabster. Maybe even more. Get on it.

• @fvonb:

• working ping limit
    • RCON would be huge
    • temporary ban from scoreboard with adjustable time

BigBrotherBot.

@Retsnom:

Well allow me to elaborate what is possible. If you look at how the HL2 engine and sourcemod plugins worked. Admin was a breeze. So what needs to happen is to have an editable file that contains all the admins for your server. This file would contain their name, steam ID and the level of admin powers. Each admin power would be followed by a corresponding letter. For example:

A=mapchange
    B=Pause game
    C=kick
    D=ban
    E=fire
    F=Freeze Player
    G=send to spectate
    Z=all

So then when an admin joins the server, the server checks his SteamID and his level of admin powers and auto logs him in.

Then you have a admin Key bind that brings up an admin menu like F9, that places buttons available for that level of admin.
    For example:
    2. a menu pops up with Map Change, Kick/ban, Pause game, Restart Map/level/round, Fun Stuff, etc
    3. admin chooses Map change then another menu pops up with a buttoned list of all the maps available on the server.

This type of menu system would greatly solve so many problems and lower the time consumed on loggin in and typing a shit ton of commands and looking up correct map names and would ease kicks and bans.

RCON also needs to be tied into the administration commands so that even when the admin is logged in, he has access to additional server commands.

Next port the RCON to HLSW and so that remote chat and all the other features are available from in game admin to remote admin.

We also need a working MOTD that is html based so that we can inform players of server rules, clan info and anything else we want to inform player of

BigBrotherBot.

@BlaZe:

Some features that would be rather useful to me:

1. ping limit
    2. server chat logging
    3. server motd
    4. banlist that i don’t need to shutdown the server to update, ideally a single file i can direct multiple servers to use(i sometimes have 30 chiv servers when player count requires it)
    5. some sort of improvement to the kill feed by making it report in console eg: player 1 (steam ID XX) killed (or teamkilled) player 2 (steam ID YY) with weapon Z, and possibly then save this to a file like a chat log would

Think this has already been touched on but admins having separate logins and then have admin actions be recorded somewhere so admin actions are no longer anonymous

will add to this list/fix it up when i get home

BigBrotherBot.

:)

• BigBrotherBot sucks ass.

• How about something simple such as the ability to change the config file without stopping the server, have it like CSS/TF2 where the changes take effect on map change

The above would be best but i mostly change bans so even a completely separate config file for bans that can be edited/saved without stopping the server would be great

• MMM will be releasing a motd soon Retsnom, soon as we figure out how to let you enter what you want it to say.

we currently have motd in our mod so it is possible, we just need to figure out a bit more coding to make it a reality for your servers.
    its actually more of a welcome message/timed message but it does the trick, and is in gold lettering.
    soon as its out ill let you guys know.

admin support is 1 of the most crucial parts in any games longevity, let alone it gives you the ability to do your server the way you want it.

don’t forget MMM has released the low respawn mod full version for local play or for your server and it works for all game modes that use respawn time.
    even if you run duels or lts in your maplist it will still work just fine and those 2 will play as normal.

its on the workshop with detailed instructions and will take you about 5 mins to have it on your server if you want to increase the epicness of your server and give people more game time making your server more fun, in ffa you will get about an extra 2 mins of game time alone from this mod.

I will gladly help any1 that’s wants to add it to their server, hit me up in pm if you need help.

• basically people are talking about metamod/sourcemod but for chivalry. In concept it’d be grand :D

(although we should bring back the old hooks where we could turn someone into a filthy peasant!)

However since none of the of functionality of sourcemod exists as this is an unreal engine game, development of such would consume huge amounts of dev time.

That being said, while the rcon support is basic atm it does work with things like B3 and some custom rcon tools. It could certainly benefit from being expanded upon

• yeah valiance mod had so much potential if that’s what your talking about monkey?

I was 1 of the few people helping that mod get tested and man was it epic, it was pretty close to what procon offers in battlefield series.
    slays, kicks, slaps, add health, remove health, change round times and spawn times on the fly, a true no clip mode, add stam remove stam, turn trolls into pesants etc etc etc.

would be great if some one could revive slights work cause he def had it going in the right direction until he flaked out on us.

• UT3 is already ported for HLSW http://www.hlsw.org/ But seriously, how hard is it to create admin menu buttons and have them do what you ask when pressed? All it requires is either an admin password or an auto log in based on steam ID. Big brother Bot sucks ass and I have still not been able to get it to work right on my server. came close but it is such a big pain in the ass it is fn retarded. How hard is it to do an admin mod? I know sadly mutators dont work in chiv as I have not been able to get any of those to work either.

• I wish my buddy that has an awesome 2k4 server would help with this game, his server is so modded its not even funny, he is a udk genious and has like well over a 100 custom maps on his server that he made, tons of mods and rave music blasting in everymap, he would def be the man to get this done.

if any of you have 2k4 you should try the wtf modded server, it will literally blow your mind with the insane amount of mods he has on it, and if the bots don’t own you he def will, lol

• @Retsnom:

Well allow me to elaborate what is possible. If you look at how the HL2 engine and sourcemod plugins worked. Admin was a breeze. So what needs to happen is to have an editable file that contains all the admins for your server. This file would contain their name, steam ID and the level of admin powers. Each admin power would be followed by a corresponding letter. For example:

A=mapchange
    B=Pause game
    C=kick
    D=ban
    E=fire
    F=Freeze Player
    G=send to spectate
    Z=all

For example:

Bump, great suggestions here.