Client Failed Integrity Check

• This is happening an awful lot. I understand the need to have DRM, but steam falls over 2 or 3 times an evening, more if maintenance is going on, it’d be nice if the client gave it at least a few minutes to come back before freaking out.

• This hasn’t happened to me for quite a while. If it’s happening mostly in the evening it could be because there is too much traffic on your internet. Make sure it’s not just Steam that’s going out. If it is only Steam going out then there’s probably a problem with the Steam server you download from and should be sorted out soon.

• Steams going down way more often these days. Not completely down but certain parts of it or for a group of people. Though it went completely down once in the steam sale.

• It is just steam, as it’ll happen to multiple players at once (I play with a group, so ‘steam fart’ has become shorthand for the frequent disconnects), and I’m not saying it isn’t a minor gripe that doesn’t resolve itself in time, but it shouldn’t have to happen at all. An always on DRM service may seem fine for a multiplayer game that requires you to be online anyway, but when the service itself falls down it creates this problem.

When that service fails with a predictable regularity it’s in the dev’s power to do something about it by making the DRM more lenient.

Currently I have time to write this because it’s happened again, twice in fact, this time during a map change which has caused a client crash. One for the bug folder.

• @lemonater47:

Steams going down way more often these days. Not completely down but certain parts of it or for a group of people. Though it went completely down once in the steam sale.

Yeah, probably extra tinkering to accommodate the new Steam OS.

• You can still launch chivalry in offline mode but the problem is chivalry uses steam for its servers too.

• You also have to consider weather conditions, here for example I get all sorts of error messages when its windy. I find the next day they have all gone. I even get on servers were I failed the authentic thingy.