Mouse drag speed during an attack.

• Hullo folks, played the game awhile, lurked the forums awhile.

Never felt compelled to post anything, most of anything I agreed with or raged about has been posted already. Couldn’t find anything particularly relevant for my following query.

Not sure how recently but something i’ve noticed once in awhile. Your drag speed is capped when swinging weapons, perfectly reasonable stops the game being a spin-fest. So how come some players seem to be able to turn much faster while swinging? Sometimes it’s hard to tell, could be de-sync between the animation starting on your screen and them clicking for really reals, you see a vanguard start swinging then bam spins and you’re hit. Sometimes it’s hard to tell with lookdown overheads, again could be de-sync. Just occasionally i’ll see someone starting and overhead then BAM breaks their spine to look at the floor.

What compelled me to post was playing on a duel server. In a duel server spinny backwardy leany tactics are very prevalent and you have to be careful, I am only just learning to spin and lean back overhead with the messer. Still not very good at it. I faught one player who took this to some kind of (what I thought impossible) extreme. He would start swinging and then lean back and forth quickly so as to mask the overhead and frequently chain into a duck backward overhead. Except when he did this duck backward overhead he would spin like a top. I would watch the overhead animation start and then weeeee hes spun all the way around. Watched this several times as at first I thought I was just being beat by something I hadn’t seen but again and again he seemed to move during his attack much faster than I thought possible.

Are there methods of accelerating your actual swing speed (as in mouse drag speed) during an attack? If not then the game is behaving obscenely inconsistently. Seriously this guy was not lagging, spun all the way around (one time almost 360) while doing an overhead. Not just turning the whole way around but turning fast. Just to note, I don’t want to know how to do this if it is possible, just got me weirded out. Also I dislike being defeated by things I am literally unable to do due to playing an unedited game or something.

PS: Why are broadswords so much longer than their model? Seriously every server is broadsword spam.