Chivalry Crashing: A Video

• Chivalry ran ‘okay’ from launch day til last patch, and now I’ve been dealing with horrible bugs and crashes. I have already submitted a bug report, this post is to help raise awareness of how broken Chivalry is currently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIG5a6kYzk&feature=youtu.be

To make Chiv work I have to validate steam files on an hourly basis and then when these crashes happen I have to do a system restore. Every other game I play works fine and doesn’t murder my system.

• yeesh mine never ever does that

• It’s so bad! Chivalry is possibly the worst software I’ve ever dealt with in my life in terms of bugs and crashes; beating out Adobe Flash and Windows ME.
    I’ve loved and supported Chivalry so much for so long. I own two copies my self, DLC helms, played hundreds of hours, helped noobs learn, helped out in the tech support forum, and my positive opinions on this unique game has convinced at least 30 some people to buy the game.

I love Chivalry dearly, why does it abuse me? :upset::dispirited::hopelessness:

• That still looks more like driver issues when it fails to rest monitor resolution. I know you are running crossfire. That seems to be the issue.

• I have tried various driver versions and the ones I’m running are currently WHQL. This crashing is only one symptom of Chivalry’s issues. And I have crossfire but I’m not running it. I have disabled it for Chivalry because it runs better without it.
    I think I have done everything that is possible on my end to fix Chivalry, but my efforts have been fruitless.

• you know there are some Nivida and ati specific settings in the udkengine.ini right?

• I know billdoor is having the same bug based on the symptoms he described in another thread. He’s running Nvidia and I’m running AMD. So I know it’s not brand specific.
    The dev team needs to acknowledge how broken Chivalry is and freaking fix it already!

• check the udkengine.ini for specific settings they may help if you play with them

• This post is deleted!

• I’ll take a look at it, although I think Chiv’s issues lie much deeper than the config files. Messing with the config files to fix chivalry is like washing a car to fix its broken transmission.

• Yeah but it is cleaner….

• Sorry gref, I also have a CFX setup myself, although I’ve never tried Chiv in eyefinity. Other than reducing settings, I have not found a fix for Chivalry’s continued decline of performance throughout it’s lifespan. One thing I might recommend is forcing the game to run in 32bit, if you have not already. Just in case, you do this by deleting the 64bit exe in the Chivalry game directory.

Other than that, Chivalry is just a poorly optimized title. If I can run Tomb Raider 2013, Crysis 2, AvP 2010, Skyrim and Deus Ex HR all with mid to max settings, depending on the game, at 5860X1080 with smooth FPS while Chivalry chugs with moderate to heavy action at 1920X1080 with reduced settings… it tells me one of two things.

1. Chivalry is visually more demanding than these other titles, even on a single monitor

or

2. Chivalry is very poorly optimized

Which conclusion do you think I arrived at? lolz

• @H:

Sorry gref, I also have a CFX setup myself, although I’ve never tried Chiv in eyefinity. Other than reducing settings, I have not found a fix for Chivalry’s continued decline of performance throughout it’s lifespan. One thing I might recommend is forcing the game to run in 32bit, if you have not already. Just in case, you do this by deleting the 64bit exe in the Chivalry game directory.

Other than that, Chivalry is just a poorly optimized title. If I can run Tomb Raider 2013, Crysis 2, AvP 2010, Skyrim and Deus Ex HR all with mid to max settings, depending on the game, at 5860X1080 with smooth FPS while Chivalry chugs with moderate to heavy action at 1920X1080 with reduced settings… it tells me one of two things.

1. Chivalry is visually more demanding than these other titles, even on a single monitor

or

2. Chivalry is very poorly optimized

Which conclusion do you think I arrived at? lolz

It’s obviously 1. The minimum system requirements clearly states you need a Tianhe-1A in order to avoid FPS drops.