How i can enjoy this game again?

• I have been playing since this game came out in steam, so i guess im a bit veteran in the game, but thats not i dont want to talk about.

I will tell you a story:

As i remember, when the game came out to steam, the game, for me was incredibly fantastic, every combat was always watching your opponent moves, thinking when to strike, all that things, oh, and timing, the most important thing was timing.

After a time of inactivity, i started playing the game again. And well, this was a suprise for me.

I joined a oficial server, and started to play, but i couldnt, why?

It seemed that almost every player in the server, knew how to end a combo started by simply hitting in the middle of the attacks, no blocking, just attacking me and killing me, by simply looking down and doing a overhead.

I asked of how they do that, and they told me it was called dragging.

I didnt wanted at first to learn it, and follow the classic way of playing, timing and paying attention at your opponent.

But, for some reason, i was forced to. I still dont know why i did.

And by that, i started to become better in skill, but it was pretty easy. So easy that, instantly became unfunny. Boring.

I tried to dont drag in any attack, and was impossible, it was like an addiction.

Luckly, like a way to stop it, i started to play archer, and i never expected i would be that good, but sadly the people started to hate me, and quickly kicked me out of the server.

I decided to leave the game again, wishing it could become better and fair after a long time. End.

Now, let me ask you people something, do you have fun with, easily beating your opponents by simply increasing your mouse sensibility? Because I DON’T.

Dragging its boring, really boring, really unfunny, really easy. I know its a part of the game, but im tired of it, being everywhere in every attack of everyone.

So, tell me please, what i can do? How i can enjoy this game like i did in the first days?

• Stop noobstomping and start picking on somebody of your own size.

• You can’t enjoy this crapgame. Not with all the bullshit desyncs and player hitboxes(bubble) the size of mammoths.
    Dragging is an entirely different scenario, assuming you can even start this piece of crap without constant crashes.

(Posted right after a rage-quit, I’m sure you figured that out)

• Dragging is a skill and feature of the game as much as feinting and timing is. It’s part of the competitive way to play this game. You sound like you want to be competitive, but you don’t want all the features that make it competitive. I think I understand what you’re trying to say, but this game just isn’t only about timing and predicting which is good. There’s also reacting that you need to master.

As stated earlier in this thread, it sounds like you got really use to playing against noobs and it made you have this sense of fulfillment and satisfaction that you were a good player. Most of the noobs have left this game since weapon unlocks and ranking up has been bugged for a long time now, so what’s left in your servers are mostly high rank experienced good players, at least when it comes to pubbing. The last Chivalry sale didn’t hold as many fresh bloods as usual because of the two big bugs in the game right now, but if those get fixed maybe we’ll see more populated servers again.

If you really hate mouse dragging, try Deadliest Warrior. It’s severely limited in that game. However, that game isn’t so much about timing, either, but if you want a more simplistic game with a lower skill cap, there you go.

• You know what is even more boring then dragging? Not dragging, turning the fight into a stamina war. A good player will never be hit by an atack that’s not feinted or dragged.

• wait…… then he became an archer… BWAHAHAHA…

• He just wants to duel people who don’t try to abuse crappy 3rd person mechanics and are actually chivalrous

• yawn Another noob whining about skillful players destroying him. Move along folks.

• So. . . If I start a stab against a MAA and the MAA dodges (even knight could sidestep a straight forward stab no probs) to the side of me I shouldn’t try to hit him, instead I should miss him and let him get a free hit on me?

• @Xylvion:

So. . . If I start a stab against a MAA and the MAA dodges (even knight could sidestep a straight forward stab no probs) to the side of me I shouldn’t try to hit him, instead I should miss him and let him get a free hit on me?

I think the moral of the story here is, don’t not play MAA

• Pretty much with Op on this.

• I got bored recently and started maining dub axe, it’s fun. Or I random loadout every death, that’s kind of fun too. Or join SafE, those guys look like they have some giggles.

• I was once of those noob destroyer who you guys are talking about, thats why im tired of, doesnt make sense, that you start a combo and by simply looking down and making an overhead, your opponent interrupts you and kills you in half a second, sure, fair.

Really, this game has become unplayable. You can only noobstomp, or be noobstomped by 5 rank 40+ in the same team.

I have rank 33 in the game actually. Im not that noob.

And most of you guys are a clear example of how, horrible, and stupid, the chivalry community has become.

Call me a rager, a kid, whatever you guys think. But im right, this game is ruined.

Keep buying useless helmets and a nevercoming patch with fixes.

I just want a fair and correct game. Just that.

• Don’t be mad that you’re bad.

Bullshit happens all the time in this game. It’s up to you to discern whether it’s your fault, outside influences (archers for example) or that you simply got outplayed. From there you get better. If you find it boring then what can I say, this isn’t the game for you?

How long have you been playing for by the way? Can’t be that long if you’re only rank 33. And for a rank 33 to be saying that “the game is ruined” is a bit funny don’t you think?

• Pretty much with DokB on this.

Although I’d certainly pay a lot of money for a game that is just like Chivalry, only more realistic.
    No feints(the most unrealistic of all), no reversed-overheads, no lookdowns, no drags.
    It would of course also need some sort of mechanic to avoid the endless duels you can expect with these limitations.

All I’m saying is; I like Chivalry for the unrealistic nonsense it is but when Kingdoms Come gets released, I’m outta here.

• @Hoakin:

so i guess im a bit veteran in the game…

@Hoakin:

I asked of how they do that, and they told me it was called dragging.

Pick one…

• @Karasu:

Pick one…

The noob thinks he’s a veteran. How cute.

“Yeah dude I’m really good at Chivalry. But I don’t abuse exploits like drags or feints.”

So many times in chat I’ve seen that. So many ulcers.

• Rank +40’s who don’t know about dragging. Absolutely disgusting.

Mindless FFA shitters.

• I was once of those noob destroyer who you guys are talking about, thats why im tired of, doesnt make sense, that you start a combo and by simply looking down and making an overhead, your opponent interrupts you and kills you in half a second, sure, fair.

Yet you say this in your OP:

As i remember, when the game came out to steam, the game, for me was incredibly fantastic, every combat was always watching your opponent moves, thinking when to strike, all that things, oh, and timing, the most important thing was timing.

Overhead look downs are pretty trivial to defend and turn against the user. It is a matter of strategy. The main part of strategy is adaption. Overhead look downs have a timing to them, they are very quick and leave the attack very exposed if they miss, fortunately it is rather trivial to make your attacker miss his overhead. Same with those reverse crouch overheads that people do.

In your example you started a combo, then got flinched. In other words your timing was shit, you thought you could outspeed it, was he using a Claymore by chance? Also, you stated you started a combo. WTF are doing committing to a combo before you have even landed the first attack. A compatent player would say, you started your first attack.

Sounds like a classic case of you got outplayed and outclassed.