Parry into Parry is already in the game? Can you elaborate more TBS?

• So me and a few others just realized that when you currently parry someone you enter idle state and you can parry immediatly again.

I dont get it. I thought thats what the new Parry into parry mechanic is supposed to be?

Can you explain more Tibberius? How is your suggested mechanic going to be different?

• It’s been like that since day one. I have no idea what Tibbs is suggesting.

Proof= http://www.twitch.tv/chivcompetitive/c/3648041

• I think what they mean is when you parry, not when you get parried.

• @MissingNo:

I think what they mean is when you parry, not when you get parried.

sorry my mistake, thats what i meant.

• Quote from Tibberius: “To aid in one vs. many combat situations, should you be able to immediately parry again after making a successful parry?”

It removes the idle time during two consecutive succefull parries. As I’ve said before in that thread this won’t change anything to the combat system because the moments where you have to parry instantly two times in a row are extremely small.

PiP was in the game a few patches ago where there was no idle time for parrying. You could just double parry feints basically and not get punished for parrying a feint.

I’ve come to the conclusion that people tend to agree or disagree rather fast without any real thought given to the idea. It’s like a bandwagon effect I suppose.

• Well i always thought there was a delay to the parry after parrying someone, didnt pay enough attention, give me a break i havent played in a long time lol

• Currently there is still a gap between your parries, though right? I assumed the PiP idea would mean a seamless transition between the two parries with no window of vulnerability. Not sure exactly how long that window is but it still takes some time to return to idle doesn’t it?

• that basically looks like what i thought pip would be. However there are those hits where you get hit at the same time, but you can also in those situations just block BOTH of them with aim and timing. PiP is a weird idea… that’s why i want to test it. I’m thinking it might enhance the whole blocking everyone from behind bit tho, that needs to be fixed.

• Hopefully PiP doesn’t allow for a crouch-lookup-360spin-parry, like shields can. One of the only advantages shields have currently.

• @dudeface:

Currently there is still a gap between your parries, though right? I assumed the PiP idea would mean a seamless transition between the two parries with no window of vulnerability. Not sure exactly how long that window is but it still takes some time to return to idle doesn’t it?

No, there isn’t. Did you watch the video?

• @Sophax:

PiP was in the game a few patches ago where there was no idle time for parrying. You could just double parry feints basically and not get punished for parrying a feint.

I’ve come to the conclusion that people tend to agree or disagree rather fast without any real thought given to the idea. It’s like a bandwagon effect I suppose.

What are you talking about?

@Tibberius:

If the parry was “missed” or did not successfully block an incoming attack then you would not be able to perform another parry until your recovery finished as normal.

This is exactly how it currently is. If you parry an attack, you go back to idle, from which you can parry again immediately. If you miss the parry, you go into parry recovery and cannot parry immediately.

• 21:08 - RK | Rumpel: there is still
    21:08 - RK | Rumpel: some idle time
    21:08 - RK | Rumpel: he wants to be none

• @fvonb:

You also can/could parry two attacks with one parry.

I kinda miss being able to parry with a riposte.

• Kiri. Perhaps my wording was a bit confusing.

You parry then you parry again with no idle time or parry recovery time.

With parry I mean just pressing the button, not deflecting an attack. This was somewhat after or before CU1 don’t realy remmember.

What TB are trying to do is only allow the direct parrying into another parry without the recovery time ONLY when you deflect an attack.

• Invincibility frames on ripostes were actually pretty good for the game. I wouldn’t have minded that just becoming a feature.

• @SlyGoat:

Invincibility frames on ripostes were actually pretty good for the game. I wouldn’t have minded that just becoming a feature.

I love you so much Sly. This was more important to me than anything else. I just reasoned it was like chambering the other opponent as you performed the riposte, and dismissed the idea of it being broken. Though I guess to those who aren’t well acquainted with Chiv it would look broken.

• Yes! Classic example of removal of unintended features even when they are extremely useful. There was never even a discussion made on this. I vaguely remember posting about how that was actually useful but at the time it didn’t seem like I would get any support.

Was annoying when it happened to you and looked a bit broken, but it was actually a pretty big factor in fighting 1vX, but was easily avoidable for the other players if they acted correctly.

• Wait wait wait are these invincible riposte frames you guys are talking about? I’ve never heard of these.

• @Flippy:

Wait wait wait are these invincible riposte frames you guys are talking about? I’ve never heard of these.

The parry window used to remain active for a little while during a riposte, which basically allowed you to parry with an attack. It was patched out.

Edit: It’s shown clearly in that vid Fvonb posted.