Shieldbash on Block / Kick on Parry.

• OK so my combo into kick was a bit to OP to done. Ufnortunatly my poll was also a bit limited.

Do people want an option to Shieldbash on successful block, similar to riposte in timing?
    Do people want an option to Kick on Successful parry?

These should be knockback only, no damage.

• After the results of this poll I can shut up about it or continue my crusade. :D

• I think for shieldbash it would work well. But honestly kick is in a perfectly fine state. The only problem is how unresponsive the queuing is. Also the fact that kicks go through people way too often. If these two things were fixed kick would be a wonderful tool.

• Kick is a fantastic tool for reclaiming the initiative against opponents who stay too close to you and fail to riposte, so I don’t think a kick in that state would be necessary.

With the rather annoying delay before being able to strike when you block an attack with your shield however, a riposte bash could be incredibly useful for creating space and time to re-initiate provided the stamina cost is minimal.

Shield bashing costs too much of my precious stamina to be used as often as I’d like, except for when I bash vanguards after the 2 torso stabs haha.

• Once you parry/block someone, they are pretty much stuck in place because of sprint lockout and have no way to avoid the kick/bash. That’s bad imo.

Ah, since you said no damage, I’m more open to it. I would like to see more opinions.

• yea you can pretty much already do this with the fast kick, you’ll hit pretty much regardless since after a parry or block they’re not really moving fast enough to kite away from the kick, although you’ll most likely kick them too far and get bubbled for any sort of initiative gaining attack becaue when people kite they tend to do 180 jumps parrys if they know you are attacking while kiting them.

• @Ranulf:

Once you parry/block someone, they are pretty much stuck in place because of sprint lockout and have no way to avoid the kick/bash. That’s bad imo.

Ah, since you said no damage, I’m more open to it. I would like to see more opinions.

Simple solution, get rid of sprint lockout.

• But then VG sprinting attacks would become a full time profession instead of a part time hobby.

• Sprint lockout wasn’t a problem when VG didn’t have ridiculous knock back and the safety net of a bubble to keep pursuers off him.

• Actually I want block on shieldbash. Shieldbash on block might also work. I don’t like kick on parry - going on one leg immediately after defense seems odd to me. Also you got riposte here.

So shieldbash only.

Regarding sprint lockout: As long as there is the bubble sprint lockout is required - otherwise it would be impossible to fight a Vanguard with an shorter weapon or a shield. Also stab knockback is generally to high - one would expect them to slide off delivering less force towards the defender.

• I really believe that shieldbash on block is a perfect addition to shields. It isn’t game breaking, it gives shield users a much needed mechanic to survive and really flows well in combat.

I can accept no-kick on parry due to riposte, in a way it separates the two options, parry vs shield, further which is always good.