Conquest mode for Deadliest Warrior?

• I can’t be the only one who thinks this is a necessary addition, right?

For those that aren’t familiar, Conquest is like a King of the Hill game-mode with multiple hills. Different games do it different ways - usually all the points are open to capture at any time and each team has a # of tickets that count down when they hold fewer points, with the ticket count dropping the larger the point difference is. Often player deaths will also cost tickets. Team Fortress 2 does a modified version of this where only one point can be captured at a time, starting in the middle and slowly pushing back towards the losing team’s spawn.

The way I envision it for Deadliest Warrior is that rather than ticket count decreasing, it increases until one team reaches the win condition. That way it would work perfectly in multi-team as well as two-team. Getting a kill would increase your team’s ticket count as well, rather than dying reducing it. # of points could vary depending on the map, with small maps having 2-3 points, medium maps 3-4 and large maps 5-6 to support varying player counts and max teams. There could even be a limited-reinforcements semi-LTS variant, seeing as multi-team LTS is rather flawed.

I feel the existing maps support this kind of gamemode perfectly in their layout, and it’d presumably just take some modification of the existing King of the Hill mechanics (though that game mode is not adapted for multi-team, so it could be more work than I’m giving it credit for). Since TO has already been stated as very unlikely, if not impossible, to ever be included in DW, I think this would be an acceptable substitute to finally bring this expansion the signature game mode it’s sorely lacking.

• Out of total Chivalry players right now (CMW+CDW=1995) only 341 ppl are playing CDW. That’s 17 fucking %.

Just leave CDW as it clearly failed. This whole project turned to be a waste of time.

• Arathi Basin Chivalry Edition. Do it.

• Sure, I’d love to see this mode… in C:MW.

DW was an experiment, and it showed how TB can refine their tracer system further and provide new gameplay mechanics. But the changes didn’t mesh well together all at once, and it failed to attract the C:MW crowd. C:DW felt very bare bones // incomplete when compared to C:MW, and I’d rather not see many resources being devoted to it now. Even the character models are ugly and rushed looking, the Spartans elbow joints make me shudder every time I see them

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Out of total Chivalry players right now (CMW+CDW=1995) only 341 ppl are playing CDW. That’s 17 fucking %.

Just leave CDW as it clearly failed. This whole project turned to be a waste of time.

Well its still people to play with. I don’t know about you but I still find servers to play on no matter what time it is.

This game mode was asked ages ago back when people were still wondering what the game modes were.

• @lemonater47:

Well its still people to play with. I don’t know about you but I still find servers to play on no matter what time it is.

This game mode was asked ages ago back when people were still wondering what the game modes were.

CMW should be the priority.

• @Gauntlet:

Sure, I’d love to see this mode… in C:MW.

DW was an experiment, and it showed how TB can refine their tracer system further and provide new gameplay mechanics. But the changes didn’t mesh well together all at once, and it failed to attract the C:MW crowd. C:DW felt very bare bones // incomplete when compared to C:MW, and I’d rather not see many resources being devoted to it now. Even the character models are ugly and rushed looking, the Spartans elbow joints make me shudder every time I see them

The game mode could easily be adapted for both games. I just think DW needs it far more, because it currently just completely lacks a good game mode. CMW has TO, and presumably more TO maps are in the workers going by recent TB comments. The fact that people play DW says that it does have an audience, and perhaps even more people would play it if it had a reasonably good game mode to play. I know personally the lack of a good game mode is the sole reason I don’t play it, because while it may be a little rough I do like the faster paced mechanics and am fairly certain most of those changes and refinements would never be pushed over to Chivalry.

Chivalry should be the focus, yes, as plenty of development time was siphoned into DW already. But that doesn’t mean DW should be completely ignored now when it’s a relatively small matter to make additions that can apply to both games (barring complications with multi-team adaptation). A revamped KotH for Chivalry could easily translate into the code needed for a playable conquest game mode for DW.

• Fair enough, I don’t know how easily things can be adapted between the two. I just know that since I’ve had DW, I’ve put minimal hours into it when compared to C:MW. I would love to see a domination / conquest type mode for C:MW, preferably with the maps fine tuned in a way where holding particular points would provide a tactical map advantage (Battlefield 4’s flag C comes to mind from Siege of Shanghai, where it was a quick drop from the tower to another point.)

• @Gauntlet:

Fair enough, I don’t know how easily things can be adapted between the two. I just know that since I’ve had DW, I’ve put minimal hours into it when compared to C:MW. I would love to see a domination / conquest type mode for C:MW, preferably with the maps fine tuned in a way where holding particular points would provide a tactical map advantage (Battlefield 4’s flag C comes to mind from Siege of Shanghai, where it was a quick drop from the tower to another point.)

And then add levelution.

Actually thinking about it seriously CMW kinda has that in some TO stages.

• Man – if only there was some kind of closed beta before that game launched to figure this sort of thing out. One that a lot of people from this very forum could have bought and tested before the game launched. Oh… wait a second…

This is like expecting a nice bowl of frosted flakes, while being served a bowl of rusty razor blades, then settling for a bowl of dry stale bran flakes because it isn’t the rusty razors.

I suspect the only reason there is no TO is it wasn’t/isn’t worth the ROI to them.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Out of total Chivalry players right now (CMW+CDW=1995) only 341 ppl are playing CDW. That’s 17 fucking %.

How did you find this stat?
    Also,I think the reason more people don’t play DW is because of the lack of meaningful gamemodes.Some TO(if it is done correctly) would increase the playerbase radically I think.Not to MW levels,but still it would draw many more players.

• @PissedOffConsumer:

Man – if only there was some kind of closed beta before that game launched to figure this sort of thing out. One that a lot of people from this very forum could have bought and tested before the game launched. Oh… wait a second…

This is like expecting a nice bowl of frosted flakes, while being served a bowl of rusty razor blades, then settling for a bowl of dry stale bran flakes because it isn’t the rusty razors.

I suspect the only reason there is no TO is it wasn’t/isn’t worth the ROI to them.

Well the game was $15.

ad you can tell it would of been unbalanced. Just play any banner game mode. When it comes to attacking and defending objectives some classes would have been far better than other classes.

• @lemonater47:

Well the game was $15.

ad you can tell it would of been unbalanced. Just play any banner game mode. When it comes to attacking and defending objectives some classes would have been far better than other classes.

i got dark souls for 5 bucks lol and i’ve been playing it for loads although pvp in it is rather trash.

also OP why dont u just add a TO instead considering it would actually be way more interesting than in MW due to the variety of classes?

• @Pesky:

i got dark souls for 5 bucks lol and i’ve been playing it for loads although pvp in it is rather trash.

also OP why dont u just add a TO instead considering it would actually be way more interesting than in MW due to the variety of classes?

It’d probably take less work to adapt every single existing map to a conquest mode than it would to create a single new TO. TO maps are a pretty big deal with regard to workload.

• @SlyGoat:

It’d probably take less work to adapt every single existing map to a conquest mode than it would to create a single new TO. TO maps are a pretty big deal with regard to workload.

Why not import CMW maps to CDW and vice versa?

• @SlyGoat:

And again it boils down to ROI and the fact the expansion launched way too soon from beta with issues like this not being addressed until now – where it’s tanking big time.

• @PissedOffConsumer:

And again it boils down to ROI

I remember a time when the entrepreneurial spirit was something to be admired and trying to make money wasn’t thought of as the ultimate evil. If you can’t make a financial gain on something you do for a living you shouldn’t be doing it for a living - and in fact you won’t be for long.

Completely off-topic but complaining about TB trying to make money is both off-topic and mindless.

• No they aren’t allowed to make money making a game. Pfft who does that these days.

• @SlyGoat:

I remember a time when the entrepreneurial spirit was something to be admired and trying to make money wasn’t thought of as the ultimate evil. If you can’t make a financial gain on something you do for a living you shouldn’t be doing it for a living - and in fact you won’t be for long.

Completely off-topic but complaining about TB trying to make money is both off-topic and mindless.

the paramount issue has never been in regards to entrepreneurial spirit. fans of the game love to see the developer succeed financially. it means a better product. an improvement.

the issue is not tb’s revenue. the issue is, to put it bluntly, the sellout. most of the fans had a product that they loved and relished. but the game did have a major player retainage issue. many of the greatest players who will ever play the game have been and gone over the implementation of patchwork laid to give new players more inspiration to stick around. tb traded fans for profit, to put it bluntly. it didn’t make the game better. it just made it more approachable. damaging your product for revenue is, by definition, selling out.

then, in this crucial moment, just as people were beginning to leave en masse, we needed something to refresh the game. a lot of players were willing to accept the mechanics changes, but we needed something positive. new maps? new weapons? new classes? how about an expansion?

we got one. a brand-named, wacky fun ride. spammy, fast paced, and absolutely nothing to do with chivalry. let me ask you a question, slygoat. if you took unreal tournament’s gunplay, messed around with some of the mechanics and speed, and shoved it into crash bandicoot, are you going to call that an expansion?

so please don’t try to justify any of it. the fans have been slapped across the face time and time again by tb. they have sold out so hard it could crack diamond.

what have we seen for the revenue? that’s the problem. what have we seen, slygoat? four or five new helmets that we have to pay extra for?? a lackadaisical jokey expansion?? lol. what a joke.

sorry to get so off topic. enjoy your thread.

• There are some who say deadliest warrior is better than medieval warfare. And it many ways it is. Especially polish wise.

I think it just goes to show Torn banner can make a good game now they know what they are doing. With MW they were also learning how to use the unreal 3 engine. So a lot of decisions made when making that game wouldn’t of been the best ways of doing things.

And even then deadliest warrior was mostly maps, new models, new a animations, a new damage system and new game modes. So not using the programmers much at all. With deadliest warrior development all we would of really missed out on is MW map fixes.