Charge attack idea?

• i wouldn’t mind an attack like a charge but with no jump. So they’d basically have a longer windup but an attack that does the damage of a charge. They could be doing the whole yell thing while the windup is going on so you know to time the parry accordingly and just do a more powerful strike from it. Maybe a slight increase of the footspeed while doing this attack too.

So after you pressed the lmb, perhaps on swords the weapon would windup a power attack that has a longer windup and he would take like 2-3 quick steps toward you whilst staying on the ground and then release the attack. For spear or polearm weapons would be the same except for a thrusting attack.

Whatchall think?

• I’d rather them reuse the bardiche lunge animation for swords and call it a day. The sweeping charge is the one I dislike, the straight on works as it should.

But then again, I’d never be able to have clutch jump over the charge moments, or duck under them depending on terrain.

Anyway, I like your idea too Clay. Though it sounds like too much work for TB to consider this late in the game.

• Well, it sounds like it would be way too much work. New animations, new code, etc. Plus it would be spammed more than the charge.

• why would it be spammed more than charge though? it would be the same as the charge attack. You’d still have to run until the point that you lift the sword and it would still do the same stamina usage, etc. It would basically be a differently animated charge attack.

• @50ShadesofClay:

why would it be spammed more than charge though? it would be the same as the charge attack. You’d still have to run until the point that you lift the sword and it would still do the same stamina usage, etc. It would basically be a differently animated charge attack.

Oh, I thought you meant you would just hold down a attack button and charge whenever you want.

Well if that’s the case…eh, I’m fine with the current charge. The distance just needs to be fixed.

• Suggested this, but got ignored, but I think its asking a bit too much from TB so we’re sadly enough not going to see major changes to the combat system that might “cost” them time and money since they’re probably already planning a sequel.

• pretty understandable… it’s just an idea though.

fixing the current broken charge is enough for me anyhow.

• @Sophax:

they’re probably already planning a sequel.

They better use UE4.

• I have always thought that the Van charge was stupid to begin with if it doesnt do 100% damage if you hit someone from behind. The other thing I found stupid was that swords get a crazy 180 degree plus swing while the polearms are stuck with a very hard to land stab that also fails to kill most people from behind. So if we are going to be punished with such a “feature”, why not make all of them forced to do the stab lunge?

Also revert back to the last way the lunge worked. But to be honest I would rather just have more damage to one of my attacks. Halberd needs a damage buff…… not much but a little and lower the stamina drainage.

But that is just me.

• that’s just you lol. The halberd doesn’t need a damage buff.

• Halberd (or any other pole weapon for that matter) should get it’s animations completely redone before they think of giving it a buff. Getting killed by a guy standing there looking at you not moving gets old quick.

As for charge. Anything is better than what we have currently (I really shouldnt say that around TB…). I wouldn’t mind your idea. It sounds much more useful and much less super tk flying machine.

• @sharkh20:

Halberd (or any other pole weapon for that matter) should get it’s animations completely redone before they think of giving it a buff. Getting killed by a guy standing there looking at you not moving gets old quick.

As for charge. Anything is better than what we have currently (I really shouldnt say that around TB…). I wouldn’t mind your idea. It sounds much more useful and much less super tk flying machine.

That’s just a desync being stared to death happens regardless of weapon. Better off switching servers.

I don’t mind charge. You realise it probably came from 300. Its only useful against archers and players with their back turned. Pretty easy to block from the front. Well, will be again once they fix the seemingly random distance they cover now.

• that’s why i’m alright with just the charge getting fixed…

i just like the idea of the running charge rather than the jumping charge. It would still have to cover the same ground but using a speed boost. It’s probably just a lot to ask now to add new mechanic and animations to the game at this point, but possibly could be an idea for the future.

• What a fantastic notion the irritating skill less vans who have been charging about since day 1 actually thinking themselves skilled in some pitiful way hahaha. You seagulls should really start to cook the fish before sticking them down your gullets. Why not just have big broom sticks with pointy hats and a black cat on each tip? If I had my way your entire code and bloodline would never see the light of day in any video game again. This is what I think and as you put it whatchall think does not matter or concern me in the slightest.

• You want it to be more like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymKZBG0-bc

I’m all for it.

• @SavageBeatings:

You want it to be more like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymKZBG0-bc

I’m all for it.

That film is very good, watched it twice in the last year. Well he is a knight :)

• exactly like that

• be glad you don’t have low grav on your server, you could watch these guys do 150 ft charge attacks with 12 ft swords,
    its too funny.

the only thing I like about their weapon size is that you are committed longer as a vanguard, meaning you are stuck in your final swing motion longer leaving you open for an arrow to the heart or a messer to the dome or a falschion to the jugular.

• I dunno’. I like the lunge because it serves as an effective gapclosure that automatically puts the enemy on the defensive before you’re in normal melee range, and it forces archers to take a risk with their range before switching to their weapon, especially since you’re unflinchable during the animation.

Don’t change the side swipe of sword animation charge attack until archers are nerfed.

• they hav already been nerfed way to much geez, archers def do not need anymore nerfs