Javelins General Post

• Now that TB is working full force on Chivalry again. Please post all ideas and complaints to **IMPROVE **such a great support role of the game.

Bugs/Glitches:

1. If hit in windup all your javs go to 0/5 etc.

2. Instant wind up (Throw mode) for all javs; only resets until all your ammo is gone or dead.

Other:

1. Melee attacks, most noticeably with stab does not connect. Cause either from bubble size/weapon range/or animation.

2. Still javelin go right through people at times; Also if sometimes it will hit an enemy and not do any damage, but you see the jav in the person.

3. Still no flinch with javelins. This is a must. Bring it over from DW.

Vq.Los
    Mt.Lord~Los

• Well the problem with the shield bash is that it’s really hard to block.

“Make sure you are looking right at the TIP of the enemy’s wea…… buckler.”
    ~Captain Neckhole

But the bubble also makes it hard to land a hit with it.
    For me, the problem with the stab is that the piercing tip doesn’t go to the center of your screen(in 1st person), but slightly lower and more to the right. This makes it hard to successfully stab an opponent because you’re not sure what uses the collision; either the crosshair or the 1st person animation…

• With javelins you can also stab people standing next to you on your right. The animation for it stabs outwards forwards then in which is the problem. Either make the tracers not follow that part of the animation or change that animation completely

Haven’t had the problem of projectiles going through people. But very rarely I do get projectiles hitting people and them flinching but nothing happening. No damage. Even popped their helmets off and no dice. Looks cool though. It only happens when I hit the very edge of their character model. Its the lag compensation I think. Its not completely 100% clientside hit detection. So on your client you hit the guy but as far as the server and opponents client is concerned you missed by a whisker. Or there’s some weird hitbox related things going on who knows.

And they look like they flinch when I throw a javelin at them. Especial when their windup is cancelled. Pretty much a definition of a flinch in this game. Unless everyone just happens to feint a millisecond before they get hit by the javelin.

Never had those two bugs either. Javs are one of my favourite weapons to use all of them. And short spear melee is the only one that sucks. Becuase of the bubble. The other two are long enough to hit things.

• tier 1 jav: you can see the javelin model touch peoples face and penetrate slightly but it does not score a hit…not until you get 8-10cm into the persons head.
    Both tier 1 and 3 jav are awesome with the hit coming from the side because it helps you to get around people’s guard.

Flinch not working is why i largely stopped playing this class.

• First priority should be buffing the Buckler to a point where it isn’t only a vision blocking and stamina draining liability.

• but shield punch is epic?

• This post is deleted!

• It would be if there wasn’t a bubble causing it to fail about half of the time.

• Jav buckler is fine. The flail buckler has different animations and sucks.

• @lemonater47:

Jav buckler is fine.

Lie! It blocks your vision, makes you run out of stamina faster than any other defense, stuns you if your opponent kicks it and disables counterattacks. The Buckler in general is bad and the Javelins suffer from this. Flail Buckler is actually better because it does not block your vision as much.

• Currently any shield is a disadvantage in this game. It would be nice to be able to use javelins without a shield.

• @Evil:

Lie! It blocks your vision, makes you run out of stamina faster than any other defense, stuns you if your opponent kicks it and disables counterattacks. The Buckler in general is bad and the Javelins suffer from this. Flail Buckler is actually better because it does not block your vision as much.

Don’t turtle with javs. I’d also rather have my vision slightly Impared instead of getting shot in the face by something.

Flail buckler doesn’t block anything.

• Currently shields are not a disadvtange if you know how to use them, except the bucklers. Those things block wayy to much vision. The flail knight for instance, that buckler seems to cover 50% of the screen whenever you attack, makes it super hard to see how the enemy is reacting.

The Jav buckler I find doesn’t have that problem and is fine.

• I don’t mind flail buckler. I find that if you’re playing him right your just so aggressive (with shield punch and bash) that people are affraid to get in too close and then you can use the buckler like you would for parry only raising it at the last moment.

• by number 3 no flinch on javelins do you mean the jav guy doesn’t flinch or that they dont flinch others? Becauase i def agree that jav guys don’t get flinched correctly when they have a jav raised. Can’t count how many times i’ve hit and gotten hit by a jav right after or hit trade. Hit trade i can deal with but the former, nawww.

• I meant that when you’re a javelin player much of the time your hits don’t cause flinch. eg You’ll be in melee release phase and your target will be just starting the 2h wep windup and no flinch occurs….you get cut in half as a result.

It means that you have to adopt a defensive style of play which is just not viable as a javelin player. You really have to play aggressively and dispatch your opponents as fast as possible and when flinch doesn’t work it just sucks.

• I tend to be a Jav magnet. So I am already not a fan of constantly being 1 hit by them both from thrown and the 1 hit stabs. While I can appreciate your concerns. Jav stabs should only 1 hit archers and MAA. They already have range advantage. Most good spear chuckers stick to the outskirts of battle and use thier range and only close in to finish. I think much of the complaints about the weakness of the spear chucker is actually in tactics and play style. In other words you are playing it wrong. Now what would help is having more accessible ammo boxes in more maps. I see that as a real problem if you cannot reload when the thrown javs disappear over time.

• @giantyak:

I meant that when you’re a javelin player much of the time your hits don’t cause flinch. eg You’ll be in melee release phase and your target will be just starting the 2h wep windup and no flinch occurs….you get cut in half as a result.

It means that you have to adopt a defensive style of play which is just not viable as a javelin player. You really have to play aggressively and dispatch your opponents as fast as possible and when flinch doesn’t work it just sucks.

Don’t throw your javs that close to people maybe. And they do get flinched in windup. Hell people are complaining about being flinched in release.

• No, i’m talking purely about melee, not throwing.

• Your timing must be off then.