Taking the good parts of CDW and inserting them into CMW

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjObpd5U33U

Don’t these animations look way more polished and refined?

I’m sure that alot of animational problems people are experiencing, desyncs, instant or delayed overheads that break etc are fixed in DW.

So why not use these improvements in Chivalry Medieval Warfare?

• Well the two handed SOW parry animation is bugged. Its really damn slow and when you are used to every other weapon in both games it puts you off tons.

Wait till there’s more than 6 people on the server too. Desyncs still happen. Animations still stutter.

Though it can handle 64 players on a good enough server and the map sizes are mostly good for it. Though ping for some reason largely depends on the game mode. God knows why.

I would wait to play the game before you decide about the animations being better. Ain’t much better if at all.

Though I always found that desyncs vary server to server player to player.

• For once I agree with Lemon. The animations aren’t really better, just different. And the 2 handed SoW animation is terrible when you actually play with it.

• I think the animations might be more “straightforward” in DW, for better or worse. IIrc, feints were easy as shit to read thanks to those, and parries were very easy to time correctly.

Edit: I dunno

• I’ve always thought the animations were actually one of the weakest parts of DW. Maybe it’s the speed of them, but they always felt very off. Look at that parry animation, too - it takes ages to fully extend… yuck.

• Torn Banner already toyed with the idea of inserting DW animations into MW. There was a large community outcry against DW’s animations and for good reason. They’re terrible. So don’t be silly.

• i don’t mind the swings but the parry is awful. The quicker parry in MW is better, the swings look nice though. Give them to the vanguard lol

• The animations in DW are absolutely awful and definitely DO NOT need to come to MW. There is not a single thing in DW mechanics wise I want in MW outside a better bubble. I don’t like the new tracers, either.

There are good things though, like a stat tracker, every class has its own ranks, aesthetic unlockables ect… but mechanics wise, definitely not. ESPECIALLY the animations. The animations are what makes DW mostly so much worse.

• Two words: Parry throwables.

• Nah man, let the DW mechanics in DW they dont fit in Chivalry imo

• @fvonb:

Two words: Parry throwables.

Heck yes!!

• @fvonb:

I used to be for carrying most of DW features over to MW. But now after playing around and giving Mw more time than before I see that they would not fit it, most of them are actually bad.

But parrying throwables is still a thing I am for, possibly the only one actually. Hatchets and knifes should be for finishing off fleeing opponents or assisting teammates from distance, not bugging out or easing a fair duel by tossing a few at ones face before the engagement.

• @Martys:

But parrying throwables is still a thing I am for, possibly the only one actually. Hatchets and knifes should be for finishing off fleeing opponents or assisting teammates from distance, not bugging out or easing a fair duel by tossing a few at ones face before the engagement.

Throwables were a surprisingly large factor in how well team fights went for your team. Having your whole team focus an MaA, say, can usually get him killed, giving you a huge advantage. I’m not entirely sure whether I like this or not, though.

• The problem with parrying throwables in MW is that they would be really easy to parry. They’re much slower than DW’s and it would be a breeze parrying them.

• @fvonb:

Yes, please.

• @Martys:

This. Fuck any kind of throwables, this is not why we’re playing a melee game.

• Only ninja should be able to do it.

• @NabsterHax:

Having your whole team focus an MaA, say, can usually get him killed

……
    @rumpelstiltskin:

Fuck any kind of throwables, this is not why we’re playing a melee game.

:>

• @NabsterHax:

……

:>

You got me.

• @lemonater47:

Only ninja should be able to do it.

Do you honestly just scan the thread for a few keywords before you make a random nonsensical post to increase your e-peen/post count?

Talking about parrying throwables in MW – and last time I checked there weren’t Ninja’s in MW.