Server Requires Download to Join Without Mod / Custom Map

• Hi all, quick question.

I normally run my server with the Chivalry+ mod, which requires players to download to join. So today I started my server up without the ?mod=cpm tag in the server shortcut to run the server in vanilla mode in hopes of attracting more casual players.

After booting up the server without the ?mod=cpm tag, I noticed that my server appeared normal in the server browser (not blue text), and I joined a game for a few minutes to make sure everything was okay, which it was.

However, about an hour later, I tried joining the server and was forced to download over 30 MB of something.

Any idea why?

What could this 30MB download have been, since the server was not running a mod or custom map? It also took a very long time to download from the Steam servers (slow, intermittent stops), which is the reason I wanted to stop running a mod on the server in the first place (slow downloads deter casual players from joining).

Any help would be appreciated.

• that is weird and I don’t have an answer for that one.

where do you put that and what determines the color of the server name?

• People have been complaining about a download of some kind when they join the official Singapore servers. Not sure what that’s about. I never experienced it myself.

• Are perhaps maybe some of your maps in the maplist still with the ?mod=cpm line?

• Perhaps you replaced a regular map with a modded map on accident, it has the same name but there are no feints or something like that. I’m new to hosting idk even how to host modded maps atm but in warcraft 3 similar events have occurred. I suggest redownloading all the original maps. But you would think simply joining a official server would remedy that proposed possible problem.

• Global Moderator

once you hace sucefully reverted to normal mode, please :

1. remove the files on __CMWSDKFiles
    2. remove the folders created by the mod on \CookedSDK\

• Developer

@H0ss:

once you hace sucefully reverted to normal mode, please :

^

Until the patch following this upcoming one, servers send the full list of all mod packages to clients, even if they’re not currently being used. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• @H0ss:

Okay thank you so much for this information! And thanks for the confirmation, CrustaceanSoup.