Whilst the devs are being attentive…

• Will you consider porting the sword game from Chiv+ to vanilla? I bet Nabster would just give it to you if you asked, so it would be a quick win, maybe? Also the classic duel system from Chiv+ would really improve vanilla as well.

Maybe not as a priority; better to get the bugs and mech polishes first, but it’d be nice to know it was on a backlog somewhere. A couple of quick wins that would really improve vanilla :)

• ^ This. Nabster’s game modes are extremely fluid and functional. Would be a good boon to vanilla if they were ported.

• Developer

We are looking at the possibility of some game modes, sword game would be a fun one. I’ll have to look at Chiv+ more.

• @Tibberius:

We are looking at the possibility of some game modes, sword game would be a fun one. I’ll have to look at Chiv+ more.

What about new TO stuff? Any news, no matter how little, on that?

• @Tibberius:

I’m liking your style right now Tibbs, appreciate the response.

• @Tibberius:

Kindly pay attention to LTS-Objective
    Just a simple bomb plant / defuse scenario gives reason for the two teams to actually meet somewhere.

• Sword game is the ultimate rage mode, I always have to hold back tears.

• @fvonb:

Sword game is the ultimate rage mode, I always have to hold back tears.

-Added more bows to default weapon list.
    -Fists are now a 1 hit kill to all classes.

-Suicide hotline number now appears periodically in chat during play.

• ^bwahahaha Suicide hotline…… LULZ

• I’ve only played in a Chiv+ server once. Never usually any players unfortunately :/ Is swordgame basically the same concept as gungame on counterstrike? If it is, I’d love to see it in action. Gungame was all that kept me playing CS for a long time.

• @Tyoson:

I’ve only played in a Chiv+ server once. Never usually any players unfortunately :/ Is swordgame basically the same concept as gungame on counterstrike?

Yes, it is.

• @NabsterHax:

Yes, it is.

Awwww yisss. SOunds delicious :D

• How does it work? A long duel with change of weapon per respawn? You start with the longsword and end up with the hunting knife?

• It’s instant-respawn FFA. You kill someone, then you immediately get a new weapon (and all your health). It’s a race to see who can get to the end of the list (kill someone with each given weapon) first. It’s made more interesting by the fact that if someone punches you to death with their fists they can send you back a level. The order of the weapons, and which weapons are in the game should be configurable by the server host but I’m not sure this is working 100% in Chiv+.

• Ha thats pretty awesome.

• @NabsterHax:

It’s instant-respawn FFA. You kill someone, then you immediately get a new weapon (and all your health). It’s a race to see who can get to the end of the list (kill someone with each given weapon) first. It’s made more interesting by the fact that if someone punches you to death with their fists they can send you back a level. The order of the weapons, and which weapons are in the game should be configurable by the server host but I’m not sure this is working 100% in Chiv+.

Are bows/range included?

• @NabsterHax:

It’s made more interesting by the fact that if someone punches you to death with their fists they can send you back a level.

The closest you can get to a forced intercourse simulation on the internet. (The forum doesn’t like the synonyms)

• @quigleyer:

Are bows/range included?

Yup, I think the shortbow is my favourite level apart from firepot.

• If you’re taking notes from mods feel free to use the changes from No-Feint mod ;)

• all i can say is that the crossbow section REALLY sucks haha, if you have someone running at you, you have no secondary so you basically have to just keep running away and eventually get cut down… so the crossbows are super hard.