[RELEASED] Fire Arrows Mod

• So, don’t hate me too much but I made a mod to let archers use the fire arrows that have been hidden away by TBS.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223955792

I haven’t really tested this at all (took me just over an hour from scratch to workshop), so if stuff doesn’t work… well, I suppose you can moan about it here.

Have fun being burnt to a crisp by everyone’s favourite class.

**Server Install:
    Download this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xitm9sof47ciq7n/FireArrows_B3A3350C479143A40EA735B77A63839E.cmwsdk

Place it on your server in the “*UDKGame*\CookedSDK__CMWSDKFiles” directory.

Method 1:
    Change your server’s start command and add ?modname=FireArrows after the map name. e.g.
    _UDKLogging.exe AOCFFA-moor_p?modname=FireArrows?steamsockets?AdminPassword=chiv -seekfreeloadingserver
    _
    Method 2:
    If you cannot access the command line options you can add ?modname=FireArrows on the end of all the maps in your map rotation. e.g.

MapList=AOCFFA-Moor_p?modname=FireArrows
    MapList=AOCTO-Darkforest_p?modname=FireArrows
    etc.

You will have to wait for the map to change on its own once (not using AdminChangeMap) for the mod to take effect using the second method. If you’re around when the server is started/restarted then you can use the method below so you don’t have to wait for the initial map to finish.

Method 3:
    Login as admin on the server and type “Admin ServerTravel AOCFFA-Moor_p?modname=FireArrows”. The mod will stay loaded as long as the server is up, but if it restarts you will have to re-enter this command.

Ideally, you want to use the first method, but if you can’t because your server host won’t allow you access then use method 2 (in case your server restarts unexpectedly and you aren’t around to manually load the mod!). In any case, after the mod has been loaded once it will remain loaded and you can use your server normally, just… constantly on fire from them arrows…

• epiccccccccccccccc

Nabster is the man for whipping this out so fast, now if we can just figure out how to get them on a server, lol
    scratches head

any one know how to make it work?

• @WARSAW:

epiccccccccccccccc

Nabster is the man for whipping this out so fast, now if we can just figure out how to get them on a server, lol
    scratches head

any one know how to make it work?

There needs to be a generalised guide for installing code mods on servers. :/

I’ll update the OP.

• Add to Chiv+?

• epic, I had the directory wrong
    I have gotten them to work but i don’t see any1 burning though

• Seeing as you don’t get assists from oilpot damage, would it be the same for these Fire Arrows? Anyone tested to see it works?

• come give it a try they hav only been live for like an hr brah

why does each arrow not burn some one though?
    the bots can light you on fire 3 times in a row why cant we humans nabster?

• At work, no can do.

• is it supposed to replace the map name in the server browser with fire arrows?
    and for sum reason it stopped working, on a TO map the browser said an un named mod where it said fire arrows before.

looking like it doesn’t work for players during TO maps.

doing more testing…

so far this is the case,
    doesn’t apply to TO maps, changes server browser map name slot to Unnamed mod when on TO maps.

the arrows dont light every time and there for wouldn’t be much use unless they light them on fire every time, exp with the limited ammo in ffa maps that have no ammo crates.

• I’m not sure what the non-lighting issue is. Archers should still be able to select fire arrows in TO, I just forgot to name it properly for that game-mode.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a config problem. I’m updating the workshop now to fix TO maps. If you’re running a server you need to update your files ASAP to ensure people will join correctly.

EDIT 2: Seems that maybe if a player is already on fire hitting him again won’t reset the timer for the fire?

• thanks man that was fast,
    um I think remember mr goatus of sly months ago or maybe martin saying that the arrows only have a 33% chance of lighting you on fire now come to think of it.

that would def need to be fixed to 100% because they don’t kill anything, not even 1 kill with 20 arrows we have now lol

I was astonished how they cant kill anything yet the bots seem to burn us to a crisp with them constantly.

• @WARSAW:

I was astonished how they cant kill anything yet the bots seem to burn us to a crisp with them constantly.

Fire-arrow bots new meta? o_0

• what does that mean?

and it seems to still not work on TO maps Nabster and the browser section for game not map name sry, it still says an unnamed mod during TO

and for some reason it seems to be cause players to freeze and not be able to spawn at the beginning of a match or hit esc or bring up any player select menu, so far it seemed to happen on the cistern map.

• This post is deleted!

• @WARSAW:

what does that mean?

and it seems to still not work on TO maps Nabster and the browser section for game not map name sry, it still says an unnamed mod during TO

and for some reason it seems to be cause players to freeze and not be able to spawn at the beginning of a match or hit esc or bring up any player select menu, so far it seemed to happen on the cistern map.

Did you redownload the server file?

Try going here
    “\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\CookedSDK\FireArrows_B3A3350C479143A40EA735B77A63839E”
    and deleting FireArrows.ini (NOT DefaultFireArrows.ini).
    Then restart your server.

• Global Moderator

The fire arrows should make damage when hitting too.

• if they cannot be made to light everytime then maybe damage too but otherwise they would be too op and would kill you in less then 3 shots then, and I don’t think any1 wants that Hoss.

rgr , ill give that a try nabster

ok tried that and it seems to be the same result, I did change it to a TO map manually though.
    couldn’t select them and the server browser still says unnamed mod in game slot

• @WARSAW:

if they cannot be made to light everytime then maybe damage too but otherwise they would be too op and would kill you in less then 3 shots then, and I don’t think any1 wants that Hoss.

rgr , ill give that a try nabster

ok tried that and it seems to be the same result, I did change it to a TO map manually though.
    couldn’t select them and the server browser still says unnamed mod in game slot

Can you paste the contents of your FireArrows.ini file?

• sure. I may try deleting it all and trying over again in a bit.

edit…
    ok I deleted all the files where I had put them and redownloaded it and added it in the right directory, and still same thing on TO maps as well as the an unnamed mod in game slot for server browser
    and same thing on cistern map, cant spawn and no menu only console works and requires an alt tab to close the game and rejoin the server

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=FireArrows.FATD
    bChangeLevels=True
    bAdminCanPause=False
    bKickLiveIdlers=False
    ArbitrationHandshakeTimeout=0.000000
    GameDifficulty=7.000000
    GoreLevel=5
    MaxSpectators=2
    MaxPlayers=25
    MaxIdleTime=0.000000
    MaxTimeMargin=0.000000
    TimeMarginSlack=1.350000
    MinTimeMargin=-1.000000
    TotalNetBandwidth=32000
    MinDynamicBandwidth=4000
    MaxDynamicBandwidth=7000
    [FireArrows.FATD]
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCFFA”,GameType=“FireArrows.FAFFA”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTUT”,GameType=“FireArrows.FATUT”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCDUEL”,GameType=“FireArrows.FAAOCDuel”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCLTS”,GameType=“FireArrows.FALTS”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCKOTH”,GameType=“FireArrows.FAKOTH”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTO”,GameType=“FireArrows.FATO”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTD”,GameType=“FireArrows.FATD”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTF”,GameType=“FireArrows.FACTF”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“DUEL”,GameType=“FireArrows.FACDWDuel”)
    SDKPrefixes=(Prefix=“CDWDUEL”,GameType=“FireArrows.FACDWDuel”)
    [IniVersion]
    0=1391531606.000000
    [AOC.AOCGame]
    bEnableVoteKick=False
    bEnableVoteChangeMap=False
    bEnableVoteResetMap=False
    bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=True
    bOnlyAdminsCanVote=True
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=False
    bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=False
    bForceTeamVOIP=False
    bRankedServer=True
    bAllowFriendNotification=True
    bAllowFriendMarkers=False
    bAlwaysShowTeamMarkers=False
    bAutoBalance=False
    bDeathBasedAutoBalance=False
    bUseMaxPingLimit=False
    bAnyUserCanGetSteamID=False
    bOverrideRoundTime=True
    bDisallowFists=False
    bDisallowFreelookSpectator=False
    bUseArcherLimit=False
    bUseVanguardLimit=False
    bUseKnightLimit=False
    bUseMaaLimit=False
    bUseRankLimits=False
    bDoSpeedHackDetection=False
    bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=False
    PerspectiveLock=PLOCK_None
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_P
    Maplist=AOCTO-Stoneshill_P
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Darkforest_Cistern_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Moor_P
    Maplist=AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Hillside_P
    Maplist=AOCFFA-HillsidePyre_P
    Maplist=AOCTO-Darkforest_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Ruins_P
    Maplist=AOCKOTH-Moor_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Darkforest_Valley_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-ThroneRoomXL_P
    Maplist=AOCKOTH-Hillside_P
    MapListIndex=0
    fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.550000
    fVoteDurationSeconds=30.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=300.000000
    fVoteTallyUpdates=2.000000
    fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    fServerTeamDamagePercent=0.000000
    fTimeDilation=1.250000
    GameplayEventsHeartbeat=1.000000
    fAutoBalanceInterval=30.000000
    fMaxPing=0.000000
    iPingThresholdHitBeforeKick=0
    iSecondsToKickForPingLimit=0
    RoundTimeOverride=30
    iArcherLimit=0
    iVanguardLimit=0
    iKnightLimit=0
    iMaaLimit=0
    iMinRank=0
    iMaxRank=0
    iSpeedhackCountThreshold=0
    bAllowNonTeamChat=True
    bWarmupRound=False
    bForceMidGameMenuAtStart=False
    bLogGameplayEvents=False
    NetWait=15
    ClientProcessingTimeout=30
    WarmupTime=0
    LateEntryLives=1
    ResetTimeDelay=0
    GameplayEventsWriterClassName=Engine.GameplayEventsWriter
    RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“UberGroup”,RequireZoneNames=(“UberStickMoveZone”,“UberStickLookZone”,“UberLookZone”),bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“InitialFlybyGroup”,RequireZoneNames=,bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    bIsStandbyCheckingEnabled=False
    GoalScore=60
    MaxLives=0
    TimeLimit=30
    StandbyRxCheatTime=0.000000
    StandbyTxCheatTime=0.000000
    BadPingThreshold=0
    PercentMissingForRxStandby=0.000000
    PercentMissingForTxStandby=0.000000
    PercentForBadPing=0.000000
    JoinInProgressStandbyWaitTime=2.000000
    DefaultGameType=AOC.AOCGame
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCFFA”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCFFA”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTUT”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTUT”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCLTS”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCLTS”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOC”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCEntry”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCKOTH”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCKOTH”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTO”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTeamObjective”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCSURV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCSurvival”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCMOV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTrailerGame”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTD”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTD”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTF”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTF”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCDUEL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCDUEL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    AnimTreePoolSize=0
    [UTGame.UTTeamGame]
    bPlayersBalanceTeams=True
    [FireArrows.FAFFA]
    bAllowNonTeamChat=True
    bWarmupRound=False
    bForceMidGameMenuAtStart=False
    bLogGameplayEvents=False
    NetWait=15
    ClientProcessingTimeout=30
    WarmupTime=0
    LateEntryLives=1
    ResetTimeDelay=0
    GameplayEventsWriterClassName=Engine.GameplayEventsWriter
    RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“UberGroup”,RequireZoneNames=(“UberStickMoveZone”,“UberStickLookZone”,“UberLookZone”),bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“InitialFlybyGroup”,RequireZoneNames=,bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    bIsStandbyCheckingEnabled=False
    GoalScore=60
    MaxLives=0
    TimeLimit=30
    StandbyRxCheatTime=0.000000
    StandbyTxCheatTime=0.000000
    BadPingThreshold=0
    PercentMissingForRxStandby=0.000000
    PercentMissingForTxStandby=0.000000
    PercentForBadPing=0.000000
    JoinInProgressStandbyWaitTime=2.000000
    DefaultGameType=AOC.AOCGame
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCFFA”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCFFA”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTUT”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTUT”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCLTS”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCLTS”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOC”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCEntry”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCKOTH”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCKOTH”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTO”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTeamObjective”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCSURV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCSurvival”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCMOV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTrailerGame”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTD”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTD”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTF”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTF”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCDUEL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCDUEL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    AnimTreePoolSize=0
    [UTGame.UTGame]
    bPlayersMustBeReady=False
    bForceRespawn=True
    bWaitForNetPlayers=True
    ServerSkillLevel=0
    EndTimeDelay=4.000000
    BotRatio=1.000000
    MinNetPlayers=1
    RestartWait=30
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName=“UTVehicleCTFGame_Content”,Maps=(“VCTF-Necropolis”,“VCTF-SandStorm”))
    MapCycleIndex=1